$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; ADRV

Author Topic: ADRV  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Builders mate

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
ADRV
« on: December 20, 2019, 03:23:58 PM »
bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/english/Hull player given four-year doping ban.

A sad & sorry state of affairs for all concerned.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Re: ADRV
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 08:49:25 AM »
The link didn't work for me...

I think this is what you referred to:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50843224
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 08:50:55 AM »
I'm surprised there hasn't been a similar scandal at the South African national team!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 05:20:58 PM »
When I played at a club in Yorkshire, the drugs testers turned up and tested an 18 year old winger, smallest player on the pitch.  Reckoned if they had tested half of both sides they'd have caught at least 4 or 5 lads.   Imagine there are quite a lot of players both semi professional and amateur that would be extremely nervous if the testers showed up.

Offline WoodheadBoy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 01:30:20 AM »
When I played at a club in Yorkshire, the drugs testers turned up and tested an 18 year old winger, smallest player on the pitch.  Reckoned if they had tested half of both sides they'd have caught at least 4 or 5 lads.   Imagine there are quite a lot of players both semi professional and amateur that would be extremely nervous if the testers showed up.

And a level below champ/prem the gains are negligible. Let them take it, and instead push bans on rec drugs at this level.

Offline Builders mate

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 09:54:07 AM »
The Drug Testers turned up at Brantingham Park on the Thursday night before the first match of the season. They wanted to test 6 players picked at ranfom. 2 of the players no longer played for us, so they chose another 2 at random. Since then, they have appeared again on 2 more occasions. I think 3 visits in one half of the season is excessive. Maybe it is the norm for Nat 1 or, do they think East Yorkshire has a problem?

I remember a match against a Yorkshire Club who had an ex-international in the squad that day. The Drug Testers turned up and he was suddenly withdrawn from the playing squad. Probably picked up an injury!

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 10:48:44 AM »
Disagree entirely with that. The difference in physicality and strength at lower levels is more marked than at higher levels between the lads who hit the gym and steroids hard and the lads who play socially, albeit to a decent level.

Not enough funds out there to test them all but really, the testers should have free reign to test anyone they wish if they have to turn up to a game.

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 12:21:14 PM »
Disagree entirely with that. The difference in physicality and strength at lower levels is more marked than at higher levels between the lads who hit the gym and steroids hard and the lads who play socially, albeit to a decent level.

Not enough funds out there to test them all but really, the testers should have free reign to test anyone they wish if they have to turn up to a game.
They tipped up at Lincoln last year (?)
Midlands 2 level.
Former captain now on a 4 year ban.

Didn't i read somewhere on here that they also showed up at Hull?
And that a number of players suddenly made off on their toes.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Builders mate

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 12:58:07 PM »

Not sure what you are disagreeing with Dan?
The Drug Testers do have free reign to call as often as they want and test who they wish. I simply thought 3 times in half a season was excessive but, for all I know,  that may be the norm. If so, fair enough.
You seem to believe that there is a greater problem in the regional leagues. I have no idea on that issue. Every ADRV is published on the ADUK web-site.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 07:06:39 PM »
Disagreeing with woodhead boys assertion to let them take it and focus on recreational drugs.

I am a right kill joy though.