$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores

Author Topic: Scores  (Read 2484 times)

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Scores
« on: January 11, 2020, 03:21:16 PM »
Scarborough losing 21-7
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline leg

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Scores
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 03:50:54 PM »
Great win for Town - bit disappointing to see the Bradford fans leaving en masse at the final whistle.

Offline Bombardier29

• Legend
  • Drop the red donkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 06:43:20 PM »
Scarborough losing 21-7
Scarborough well beaten by PP who did nothing spectacular but took their opportunities when needed. Tries from an interception and two charged down kicks put pressure on Scarborough that they never really responded to. Not to say they didn’t play well but just couldn’t execute at the crucial moments.
We didn’t compete well enough at the breakdown and yet again struggled to get quick enough support to breaking players. Thought Tom Harrison, Angus and Henry stuck at it well.
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 07:08:27 PM »
Scabs to go down. Lump on it now.

Offline stubbs

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 07:17:05 PM »
York played well in patches,Pock forwards well up for it in first 15 and last 5 of first half 16-3 half time, Pock came out hard again in 2nd

half, York weathered initial storm and backs on the ball were too quick. Apparently Pocks forwards have been dominating in recent weeks

but ran out of steam a little today. They will beat teams at Pock and should pick up points away, did bring a good following, and with one

or two additions will challenge next season.

Offline ketpotkid

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 08:01:51 PM »
Stubbs

Great report, I think, but score I believe was Y 52 P 17?

Offline porkies

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 08:13:58 PM »
Yes , the score line doesn’t quite reflect Pock’s contribution or effort, but I doubt any side could have lived with the York back line today.
A great game to watch , played in very good spirit.

Offline Bombardier29

• Legend
  • Drop the red donkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 11:38:52 PM »
Scabs to go down. Lump on it now.
The oracle has spoken……………
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 07:20:36 AM »
Prior to the season starting I think most people thought that York would go up and that now looks likely. However let's not underestimate the Juggs ability to miss it up and choke when the pressure is on. It's happened year after year with odd exceptions. But I can't see it with this team, they seem settled and peaking at the right time.

Many of the bottom clubs seem to be finding form which has made the league incredibly close with not many points between most of the clubs.

Scarboroughs woes continue but I expect some improvement from February onwards when hopefully players will start returning. I still expect us to finish in the mid table position i predicted at the beginning of the season.

Assuming York hold it together for top spot, 2nd is wide open with a number of contenders.....

Very evenly matched league and highly entertaining, just makes you wonder why the RFU is intent on destroying these leagues?

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 01:24:29 PM »
Stubbs

Great report, I think, but score I believe was Y 52 P 17?

I agree with Stubbs, pock were very strong up front but York didn't wilt under the pressure, this time.
I was a little surprised Pock took 3 from a penalty 5 yards out and bang in front of the York's posts after starting the game well and dominating the early exchanges.
York forwards stepped up to plate and secured parity at least in the tight which allowed the backs to put on an excellent display of expansive rugby, which any back line is this league would have struggled to contain.
If this performance can be replicated on a weekly basis, then York will go very close to winning the league, just hope we stay injury free.
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Offline Gorilla

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 11:37:19 AM »
Scarborough losing 21-7
Scarborough well beaten by PP who did nothing spectacular but took their opportunities when needed. Tries from an interception and two charged down kicks put pressure on Scarborough that they never really responded to. Not to say they didn’t play well but just couldn’t execute at the crucial moments.
We didn’t compete well enough at the breakdown and yet again struggled to get quick enough support to breaking players. Thought Tom Harrison, Angus and Henry stuck at it well.

Video highlights on the PP Facebook

https://fbwat.ch/1PLbuMo7LNhD474O

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 02:07:06 PM »
Prior to the season starting I think most people thought that York would go up and that now looks likely. However let's not underestimate the Juggs ability to miss it up and choke when the pressure is on. It's happened year after year with odd exceptions. But I can't see it with this team, they seem settled and peaking at the right time.

Many of the bottom clubs seem to be finding form which has made the league incredibly close with not many points between most of the clubs.

Scarboroughs woes continue but I expect some improvement from February onwards when hopefully players will start returning. I still expect us to finish in the mid table position i predicted at the beginning of the season.

Assuming York hold it together for top spot, 2nd is wide open with a number of contenders.....

Very evenly matched league and highly entertaining, just makes you wonder why the RFU is intent on destroying these leagues?
A little rich BRB when Scarborough choked promotion last season!
The recall of a goldfish!!! 🤪🤪

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 08:37:25 AM »
Sensible forward planning it would seem..!

Besides getting into the playoffs with solid club players isn't
choking...it's over performing and excellent coaching.

However having an expensive lineup of national League players every year and not even making the playoffs is choking...! Maybe this is your year.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 07:54:48 PM »
Sensible forward planning it would seem..!

Besides getting into the playoffs with solid club players isn't
choking...it's over performing and excellent coaching.

However having an expensive lineup of national League players every year and not even making the playoffs is choking...! Maybe this is your year.
Replace National League with York youth players that progressed to the National leagues and have come back to their home club and we can agree!!