$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 11.01.20

Author Topic: Results 11.01.20  (Read 3194 times)

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
Results 11.01.20
« on: January 11, 2020, 05:29:26 PM »
Aireborough 12 - 27 Castleford
Baildon 22 - 17 Wibsey
Harrogate Pythons 22 - 17 Halifax Vandals
Hemsworth 12 - 19 Rotherham Phoenix
Leeds Corinthians 64 - 0 Skipton
Old Otliensians 25 - 24 Knottingley
Ossett 17 - 13 Sheffield Medicals

Offline MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
    • View Profile
Re: Results 11.01.20
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 05:48:09 PM »
Unfortunate with result today but to get two points at OOs isn’t too bad!

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 06:22:45 PM »
Entertaining game at Ensians today and exactly what we expected, a hard fast paced game but gutting to lose the game in the final few minutes with some sloppy tackling but that's the way it goes sometimes! A game we could have won but fair play to the Ensians centre who scored the winning try in the corner and converted from touch. Suppose 2 points is better than nothing! We go again next week.

Offline Lost Welshman

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 06:25:21 PM »
Looks like close games across the board today, well with one exception of course....

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 08:03:10 PM »
Baildon 22-17 Wibsey.
Really good game of rugby, wibsey lost the toss, won slightly more line outs, destroyed Baildon in the scrum, but ultimately lost! After bombing 2 tries in the first half the writing was on the wall! Baildon dug deep and got the win that neither side deserves but that’s rugby.

We were so fired up for today game after the Baildon president slagged our club off... ( he was right it, it is a bit shitty!but we should stick together!)  I’ve not played at Baildon for 15 years and I was shocked to see that the facility’s haven’t improved!!! The obnoxious after game spokes man forgot who
we were!! Had to ask a friend.
Baildon pay there 10 & coach and literally were played off the park today. All jokes aside I’d hand the money back and give Fox(4) his bus fare back to Keighley.

Offline isc12

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 08:32:16 PM »
Enjoyable game (in the end) at Gate today. Could’ve stole the win but a really poor second quarter cost us dearly. Always good to get a losing bonus point mind after being 22-3 down at HT. Could’ve been a different story with the couple of 50/50s that went against us but full credit to Harrogate though, can’t afford to switch off in the first half against a good tough set of blokes, deserved winners in that sense👍🏻

Offline Too old too slow

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 09:23:21 PM »
Went over to watch the derby between Baildon and Wibsey.
 I was expecting 5 star facilities but a bare plaster shower ceiling and tiles hanging off the wall it made Wibsey showers look like the Hilton ( not easily done).
To the rugby Wibsey's pack smashed Baildon's money men down then up the hill.
Baildon got a break away try after sloppy Wibsey handling which proved the difference.
Baildon should ask for a refund on the bald number 4 second rower if he is getting paid... as he can't scrum for toffee and his backside fell out after trying to instigate a fight. Not much bang for your buck in that position
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 05:20:51 PM by Too old too slow »

Offline ClbNrg

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 12:33:13 PM »
Agree with MrG and Beachy, great game yesterday.

Neither team deserved to lose to be fair and a draw would have been the right result IMO.

Strong direct running from Knottingley coupled with not the best tackling from us caused us problems up the middle of the park, however out wide we were better. Knotts showed some great defence.

I think we played a bit better against Leeds a few weeks prior but our boys did well against a very capable and physical Knotts side.   

Offline Baildonsmoneyman

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 06:21:58 PM »
Hello boyss,

First of all decent game Baildon vs forgotten who we played to be honest ;)
Baildon got ruined in every scrum, might help if our overweight number 1 lost some weight and spent more time on his feet.
After a poor first half, and some rather poor scraps and sloppy punches from their soft forehead number 6 on our number 4 (Fox)
Baildon pulled it back after some under 9's handling error by Wibsey's backs, gifting the 10 a free Baildon try, which he wouldn't of made if played away with their council-run pitch or wouldn't had made it if his pockets were full of money.
Baildon saw out the rest of the game comfortably.
Maybe if they focused on their rugby instead of fighting they'd at least be challenging top 5 easy.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 06:30:37 PM by Baildonsmoneyman »