$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; resuls 18/01/20

resuls 18/01/20

This is a discussion for the topic resuls 18/01/20 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: resuls 18/01/20  (Read 3553 times)

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
on: January 19, 2020, 10:00:24 AM
really competitive game up the Dale yesterday. Ribbs forwards held the upper hand, with the Cheesemen trying to spread the ball wide at every opportunity but several handling mistakes blunted their attacking prowess. Ultimately Ribbs defence and obdurate attitude prevailed. Ribb down to 13 for almost 10 minutes either side of half time was a key period with Wensley scoring a try but Ribb converting a penalty to leave the score at 23 - 5. However hard Wensley pressed Ribb stood up to the mark to get a much needed away win. If we play like that going forward it will be difficult for other sides to catch us.
Great hospitality and camararderie from the hosts who are definately a club on the up.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 04:00:36 PM
Very magnanimous in victory Flaggy, considering how rare it is you talk about it.

Tough day in the office at Copley yesterday, with two sides going at it for a full 80 minutes. Game of two halves - Rish won the first 15 - 0 and Ripon the second 10 - 0. The wind was clearly the deciding factor in each half and Rish played it better when they had it. Ripon lacked their recent clinical finishing, but defence was up there. Credit to the Rish Number 8 who despite his stature, had pace and penetration and their blonde Flanker who made a right nuisance of himself. Not sure if they are a Y1 outfit again yet, but that depends on next season’s bank balance.

“Obdurate” - did someone offer to buy you a pint if you used the word in your post? Hope you stay up as words like that will be wasted on the Knottingley posters.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 06:49:42 PM
Be interested to know, given you mention bank balance, who on the Rish side you think was in receipt of money?

Reeks of a snide dig after being beat sure you're not loosely associated with Scarborough.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 07:39:09 PM
No aspersions being cast here MK, just commenting that to consolidate a position in Y1, clubs generally (though few admit) invest in some way in players.

Can’t think who in the current Rish squad who might actually be being paid, or a refund might be on the cards. That said, a decent team played against Ripon and just showed how important clinical finishing is.

Not a snide bone in my body MK, just a sense of humour. No association with Scarborough either I’m afraid. I hate sand, seagulls and scabby donkeys.

Johnsman

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 08:36:54 AM
Very poor game of rugby at OG -- neither side could get any momentum due mainly to a very whistle happy referee who gave the impression that the crowd was there to watch him not a game of rugby.

Nightowl

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 03:29:40 PM
13 Rish juniors in squad v Ripon Sat
others play local RL in summer

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 12:59:03 AM
Locked Out
               nobody offered me any beer to use the word. If they had I could have made much better use of it and more often to increase my beer booty.
As for being "magnaninous in Victory" thats a big statement from a Ripon lad, but you are correct , I do not write about it that often, hence our league position.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 09:10:40 PM
“Obdurate” - did someone offer to buy you a pint if you used the word in your post? Hope you stay up as words like that will be wasted on the Knottingley posters.

Don't worry mate no one reads this forum. There's more action in a graveyard.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 12:18:54 AM
Locked Out
               nobody offered me any beer to use the word. If they had I could have made much better use of it and more often to increase my beer booty.
As for being "magnaninous in Victory" thats a big statement from a Ripon lad, but you are correct , I do not write about it that often, hence our league position.
It's Magnanimous Gav - Nous is knowledge - Mous(e) is a small rodent that likes cheese