$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Promotion

Promotion

This is a discussion for the topic Promotion on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Promotion  (Read 1975 times)

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
on: January 19, 2020, 01:42:11 PM
With both Ripon and Wheatley Hills losing yesterday, is the gap too large for either of them to make up over 10 games? Are Old Rish and Roundhegians now in a shootout for the title with promotion pretty much sewn up or can people see either of them slipping up to bring 3rd and 4th back in to it?

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 02:44:14 PM
Can only see them slipping up if they wanted to.  I would be surprised if either got caught.

Both well organised with Old Rish playing the more attractive/expansive rugby.

Ripon have a good few young players so may be a bit early for them but if they can keep hold of them will bode well for the club. Wheatley play similar rugby to Hegians and wasn't surprised to see it a close game this weekend.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 07:28:16 PM
Can’t see Rish or Hegians slipping up at this point, so good luck in their promotion prospects. Both seem to have got used to winning, albeit closely at times. Ripon, as I am sure Wheatos as well, won’t be looking to take the foot off the gas. The current league position is the best in years and the squad is in great spirits and shape.

Ripon do suffer the perennial situation of under 18s coming of age and not knowing whether they will stay locally or move on to academia. We therefore make the most of what we have each year and hope that the success of the club will also attract other long term prospects. This season’s Army intake has yielded great results.

Can’t speak for Hills, but there must be something in the local water to keep the big boys coming through.

NEYorkshireman

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 02:50:14 PM
At this point of the season I can only see this being a 2 horse race and given the fact Old Rish have managed to get all of their 'difficult away trips' over with prior to Christmas it has suited them quite well....particularity given the 56 points they leaked first game of the season away at Wheatos!

Undoubtedly they will still be some surprise results along the way for Rish, Hegians and other top of the table contenders given it is Y2....but with a 16 point gap (plus a game in-hand) and the habit of winning it will be a very enjoyable fixture when second place Rish host Hegians on 8th February.

Looking ahead to Yorkshire 1 however, it will be an interesting affair for recruitment in Halifax if both Old Brods and Heath get promoted to North 1 East.