$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorkshire. Shield results

Yorkshire. Shield results

This is a discussion for the topic Yorkshire. Shield results on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Yorkshire. Shield results  (Read 13384 times)

Twenty4Twenty

• Finding my feet
  • Also one of the boys
Reply #30 on: January 26, 2020, 09:45:15 PM
It seems like a poor mentality from Calderdale's premier rugby club. There was a chance they would struggle so they didn't even bother showing up. Feel bad for players that lose out on opportunities to play on Saturday's and develop because of this selfish attitude and the opportunities to play cup rugby. It also shows a potential lack of support for the development of young players. If they didn't want to take the cup as seriously they could have given valuable playing time to younger or less experienced players. Anyway, that's just my opinion. I'm sure many will disagree.

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #31 on: January 26, 2020, 10:45:34 PM
Cup games are fantastic and it is an added bonus at the end of the season to win one. Such as Brods last year. They finished 7th in the league so winning the cup against Heath softened the blow significantly I’m sure. But when the entire from row and many other players are carrying injuries it is unwise to pursue a cup when the primary focus of the club is promotion. I’m sure you all understand this clearly and are just enjoying a bit of Anti-Heath fun. Please continue as the members of Heath are kind and will never look down on those less fortunate. Halifax’s premier rugby club gives regularly to charity and will always support Other clubs and their anti-Heath views.. For example when a local player broke his neck a few years ago all the Heath players contributed and when a local clubs showers stopped working Heath allowed them and Bridlington to use their facilities. I can see why so many clubs are angry, to suffer such generosity at the hands of a Heathen. I’m sure Heath are deeply sorry for the pain they have caused by pulling out of the cup. So very selfish as usual.

Too old too slow

• One of the boys
Reply #32 on: January 27, 2020, 07:48:16 AM
Not up for the cup

come on MK name and shame put your money where your mouth is....or is it all just bull$h*t

Twenty4Twenty

• Finding my feet
  • Also one of the boys
Reply #33 on: January 27, 2020, 06:23:41 PM
Cup games are fantastic and it is an added bonus at the end of the season to win one. Such as Brods last year. They finished 7th in the league so winning the cup against Heath softened the blow significantly I’m sure. But when the entire from row and many other players are carrying injuries it is unwise to pursue a cup when the primary focus of the club is promotion. I’m sure you all understand this clearly and are just enjoying a bit of Anti-Heath fun. Please continue as the members of Heath are kind and will never look down on those less fortunate. Halifax’s premier rugby club gives regularly to charity and will always support Other clubs and their anti-Heath views.. For example when a local player broke his neck a few years ago all the Heath players contributed and when a local clubs showers stopped working Heath allowed them and Bridlington to use their facilities. I can see why so many clubs are angry, to suffer such generosity at the hands of a Heathen. I’m sure Heath are deeply sorry for the pain they have caused by pulling out of the cup. So very selfish as usual.

Congrats? I would expect all clubs in the Rugby family to have charity events and help others in the community in times of need. It's got nothing to do with what I was on about so I don't see why you've brought it up. It's not a competition. I get the feeling that this whole situation of trying to avoid a potential loss on the pitch matches with what we're starting to hear beyond the borders of Calderdale about the high horse Heath have placed themselves on. I love to see some confidence and wish them the very best in the league for the rest of this season but looking down on clubs and cup competitions won't gain you many friends.

MORLEYBOI

• Finding my feet
Reply #34 on: January 27, 2020, 07:33:31 PM
Hell of a lot of teams over the last few years have pulled out of the cup for numerous reasons,I’m not sure they received the grief on this page that heath have.Nice to know that people for some unknown reason feel threatened by a little club like heath.

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #35 on: January 27, 2020, 08:34:58 PM

Congrats? I would expect all clubs in the Rugby family to have charity events and help others in the community in times of need. It's got nothing to do with what I was on about so I don't see why you've brought it up. It's not a competition. I get the feeling that this whole situation of trying to avoid a potential loss on the pitch matches with what we're starting to hear beyond the borders of Calderdale about the high horse Heath have placed themselves on. I love to see some confidence and wish them the very best in the league for the rest of this season but looking down on clubs and cup competitions won't gain you many friends.

Heath have not placed themselves on a high horse, they have placed themselves 2nd in the league. Mainly through hard work and player development over the last 5 years. You suggest that Heath neglect player development by not playing a cup game, i can see your point, however a player develops by playing with and against better players in a competitive game. Not by getting hammered and potentially injured. Heaths youth will have plenty of opportunities for development if they reach the next level. But clearly you have a very blinkered view and I will not waste anymore time debating this topic. I attempted to share a bit of humour in my previous post, just to brighten up the dull and depressing Anti-Heath chat. You suggest Heath act in a manner which improves their ability to gain friends? Appreciate the advice. Friend?

ponte animal

• One of the boys
Reply #36 on: January 28, 2020, 01:51:21 PM
Nice to see a bit of 'foruming' going on for a change. Not sure if a team using a poor excuse to concede a cup match is worth three pages though, as its hardly shocking behavior these days. Looking forward to going to Heath on saturday where, imo, two of the best scrummaging sides in the league will do battle (assuming there enough front rows available).

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #37 on: January 28, 2020, 03:49:59 PM
Nice to see a bit of 'foruming' going on for a change. Not sure if a team using a poor excuse to concede a cup match is worth three pages though, as its hardly shocking behavior these days. Looking forward to going to Heath on saturday where, imo, two of the best scrummaging sides in the league will do battle (assuming there enough front rows available).

Is 1 prop enough?

just passing by

• One of the boys
Reply #38 on: January 29, 2020, 11:00:06 AM
Hey up LADS DAD, I know that you were really short of props for original match and not trying to delay playing the match, and in this case the league rules find you guilty whatever. However you could have probably managed this in some way and on a more cynical and devious note the loss of 5 points could have been alleviated whilst staying in the rules. Simply get two of the front row off injured at the first two scrums and then it’s uncontested.

My thoughts are that if you have to have a complete front row whatever, then it leaves scope to work within the laws for your own needs as well!
Age is a high price to pay for maturity

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #39 on: January 30, 2020, 07:27:33 AM
The real problem with only 3 subs in league matches is the lack of opportunity to develop young props with small amounts of game time.
Should a 2/3 team player gets a serious injury playing at a standard he is clearly not ready for the officials will hide behind the law which states the onus is on the club to ensure the front row player are suitably competent.
However when we stated we had no players to compete at a Yorkshire 1 level we were deducted 5 points and still had to replay the game.
It seems to me the legal solution would be to inform the authorities would be to state before the game you will have to start uncontested and then the people in charge can either tell you to play so your club have passed on the responsibility or can award a walkover and you lose 5 points and not 10 as we have.

The problem is most clubs don't give a toss about cup matches. Had it been a league weekend Heath will have fielded a team. Correct?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #40 on: January 30, 2020, 01:11:04 PM
The real problem with only 3 subs in league matches is the lack of opportunity to develop young props with small amounts of game time.
Should a 2/3 team player gets a serious injury playing at a standard he is clearly not ready for the officials will hide behind the law which states the onus is on the club to ensure the front row player are suitably competent.
However when we stated we had no players to compete at a Yorkshire 1 level we were deducted 5 points and still had to replay the game.
It seems to me the legal solution would be to inform the authorities would be to state before the game you will have to start uncontested and then the people in charge can either tell you to play so your club have passed on the responsibility or can award a walkover and you lose 5 points and not 10 as we have.

The problem is most clubs don't give a toss about cup matches. Had it been a league weekend Heath will have fielded a team. Correct?

Here lies the problem, of course they would have! Therefore saying they bottled the cup is accurate.

NEYorkshireman

• Finding my feet
Reply #41 on: January 30, 2020, 02:45:44 PM
Well in order to put some facts to the discussion and to appease those who are asking for the 'finer details' it's really quite easy to see just by accessing the Heath website and comparing the match reports/team sheets from the 2nd XV fixture against Old Rishworthians and the 1st XV fixture against Leodensians which took place the week earlier. 

Now basing this purely on the account given by Heaths website from those 2 match reports, the 1st XV report against Leo's featured 3 of the same players that were named in the 2nd XV squad who played against Old Rishworthians a week later...2 of whom started in the 1st XV fixture against Leo's with one of those aforementioned players scoring 2 tries during the said 2nd XV fixture.

Although 2nd XV rugby is a great way to 'reintroduce' injured players back in to the fold, I find it difficult to accept that at least 2 of these 3 players needed such critical game time during a 2nd XV league match given that they were 'starters' only the week previously in a Yorkshire 1 clash? I appreciate that rugby is a team sport and 1, or in this case 3 men, shouldn't make all the difference but at this level it can have a significant impact and if you discount 2 tries that were scored by a clear first team regular  it makes the result significantly more competitive (23-14) and potentially would have proved a more worthwhile experience for the younger crop of players to learn and develop from.

MORLEYBOI

• Finding my feet
Reply #42 on: January 30, 2020, 04:21:47 PM
NEY
The facts are ,our young No8 we felt needed game time.The other two were the hooker and 2nd team forward coach Mark Puttock ,who as been playing 1st team due to an injury to our hooker and captain and the other was regular 2nd team player ,who as only been involved in the 1st twice in the last 5 seasons.Both players are 35 and 36,who bring great experience to our young 2nd team.Lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:31:20 PM by MORLEYBOI »

heathen

• Forum old hand
  • DIGNI ESTE FAVORE
Reply #43 on: January 30, 2020, 04:38:09 PM
NEY
Following on from your "post" and Morleyboi reply,I have read the Heath report of the Leo's game and you should note that the third player mentioned was a replacement who only played the last 12 mins of the game,his total time in the first team and as far as I know his debut.

ponte animal

• One of the boys
Reply #44 on: January 30, 2020, 05:01:32 PM
BRB correct, but fail to see why Heath getting so much grief when a high percentage of teams would ,and do, do the same. Put it down to good old Halifaxian banter with the fishermen getting a few good bites.