$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; York Champions but who will be second?

York Champions but who will be second?

This is a discussion for the topic York Champions but who will be second? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: York Champions but who will be second?  (Read 2097 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: February 02, 2020, 07:53:48 AM
It looks like York will at last fulfil their potential and get a good return on investment as they cruise to promotion. In all seriousness I can't see them losing another match - or they shouldn't.

So the race is on for second spot....

Mathematically plenty of teams still in it. However having seen Moortown yesterday they will lose as many as they win. Morley seem to be dropping like a stone. Scarborough, Bradford and Malton have no chance and are all as likely to be dragged into relegation rather than a promotion race.

So it leaves Cleck and Driff. What an awful loss for Cleck yesterday?! That suggests all is not perfect there. And Drif only scraped a win against Pock and have been on a pretty ropey run of late.

Despite Cleck and Drifs indifferent form I still think it will be between those two. it could all go down to the last match of the season when Drif are away to York (gulp) and Cleck are away at the mighty Silver Royd.

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 10:12:05 AM
It looks like York will at last fulfil their potential and get a good return on investment as they cruise to promotion. In all seriousness I can't see them losing another match - or they shouldn't.

So the race is on for second spot....

Mathematically plenty of teams still in it. However having seen Moortown yesterday they will lose as many as they win. Morley seem to be dropping like a stone. Scarborough, Bradford and Malton have no chance and are all as likely to be dragged into relegation rather than a promotion race.

So it leaves Cleck and Driff. What an awful loss for Cleck yesterday?! That suggests all is not perfect there. And Drif only scraped a win against Pock and have been on a pretty ropey run of late.

Despite Cleck and Drifs indifferent form I still think it will be between those two. it could all go down to the last match of the season when Drif are away to York (gulp) and Cleck are away at the mighty Silver Royd.
Scarbs needing to beat Cleck on the last day of the season to avoid relegation! Now there is a thought!!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 01:17:50 PM
Driff v Pock is always competitive and I understand Pock were leading comfortably at one point but let it slip in the last quarter.

However Cleck losing at WH was a major surprise. I suspect they will want to rectify that next week against York on their own cabbage patch!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 01:36:21 PM
Someone on Facebook from York posted that cleck forwards are soft....?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.