$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Intermediates Cup

Intermediates Cup

This is a discussion for the topic Intermediates Cup on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Intermediates Cup  (Read 5367 times)

omigidiant

• Legend
on: February 22, 2020, 05:52:11 PM
Good win for Brods today in Intermediates cup beating South Shields Westoe 34-8 to be Northeast representative in next round. They play Widnes from Northwest next.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 09:34:03 PM
Good luck, Widnes are traditionally a good side. Away or home?

real-ale

• One of the boys
  • rugby and beer and pork pies
Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 12:08:04 PM
Brods will be hosting the final of the Northern Division Intermediate Cup on Saturday 14th March when they play Widnes at Woodhead (3pm KO)

The Hipperholme side will be looking to qualify for the National Semi final which will be played against the Midlands champions on April 11.

Leighton Buzzard RFC and Malvern RFC will be playing for that honour this Saturday and the winners of the semi- final will qualify for the Final to be held at Twickenham on Saturday, May 2.

Brods opponents on Saturday Widnes currently play in the Lancashire RU league’s ADM Premier Division where they have a 100 per cent record and top the league with 16 victories.

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 11:28:35 PM
According to reports Widnes are on a 43 match unbeaten run so it looks like it's going to be an interesting contest.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 05:07:03 PM
All my family are from Widnes originally, they have some really good players but it is a proper rugby club. Family through and through.  My dad's best mate is still playing 3rd team scrum half at 68, his 3 sons have all played first team, youngest I think still playing. They will bring plenty with them I'd have thought

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 10:07:58 PM
Tough game but good luck Brods

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 07:57:22 PM
Congratulations to Old Brods . Playing Leighton Buzzard in Semi final of Intermediate Cup.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 09:06:51 PM
What a result!

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 09:19:21 PM
Well done Brods beating Widnes 34-12 to take the Northern Intermediate Cup and at the same time qualifying for the National Intermediate Cup semi-final. I think it shows that Yorkshire 1 is certainly the top level 7 league in the north. Good luck in the semis although I fear this will now likely be the end of the competition due to the virus.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 09:25:51 PM by omigidiant »

Broughton

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 04:58:42 PM
Congratulations to Old Brods on their cup win against Widnes !... whilst we may be competitors in Yorkshire Division 1, I think it's great for Yorkshire Rugby, to have one of our local sides progressing through to the next round...  well done and good luck !