$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; What happens if the Season finishes early?

Author Topic: What happens if the Season finishes early?  (Read 12366 times)

Offline Gorilla

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: What happens if the Season finishes early?
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2020, 07:09:54 PM »
PP very unlucky but not everybody were going to be happy with whatever decision was made. According to local paper and their coach, BB could have had a 5.00 pm slot to play there last match but they would have only had half a team so I assume that they will be happy with the end placing.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/18311437.bradford-bingley-still-thwarted-impact-flooding/

Surely 1st XV matches trump second team fixtures? And isn’t that the whole point of AGPs?

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2020, 08:53:31 PM »
PP very unlucky but not everybody were going to be happy with whatever decision was made. According to local paper and their coach, BB could have had a 5.00 pm slot to play there last match but they would have only had half a team so I assume that they will be happy with the end placing.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/18311437.bradford-bingley-still-thwarted-impact-flooding/

Surely 1st XV matches trump second team fixtures? And isn’t that the whole point of AGPs?

Justice for PP!!

Offline avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2020, 09:36:45 PM »

First come first served bookings wise.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2020, 07:26:27 AM »
As has been said, someone was always going to be unlucky. However I can't help feeling its very unfair to relegate a club that hasn't had a chance to fulfill their fixtures.

Although it would have been harsh on clubs missing out on promotion I think null and void would have been fairest.

However we accept and move on.

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2020, 08:43:59 AM »
As has been said, someone was always going to be unlucky. However I can't help feeling its very unfair to relegate a club that hasn't had a chance to fulfill their fixtures.

Although it would have been harsh on clubs missing out on promotion I think null and void would have been fairest.

But much easier for you guys to accept, yes? A team on the slide since Xmas 🙊

Offline Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2020, 09:57:14 AM »
This solution has come about to ensure the Falcons go up and Ealing's pathetic threat of a  legal challenge is blown out the water. After that, which is all that really matters to the RFU, it's just a trickle down, and plenty of smaller clubs are being shat on. For those who spend no money it doesn't 'really' matter in the greater scheme of things, rugby pales into insignificance when we could all be seeing older members ascending to their clouds at any time, but those who've been relegated or denied promotion after spending serious coin will feel aggrieved and could be buckled for the future, I can't see anyone having spare money to hoy at local league rugby for a while, or being able to fly plane loads of foreigners in.
Crack on, when we do eventually start again it'll be rugby utopia.

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2020, 01:29:54 PM »
In fairness much of this in our own hands.

Clubs who have a perennial problem with flooding should have contingency's in place.

There are many schools, college and Universities as well as other rugby clubs in and around their vicinity who could host home games for affected clubs.

yes it might mean that they give up what is perceived home advantage and possibly a bit of gate?(but not necessarily).

Scarborough, for instance travelling to Bradford or Halifax having to play at Woodhouse or Hipperholme will still be the way side, but least the fixture will take place.

As for a world pandemic, I must admit I haven't had any ideas yet, but i am working on it!!

Hope you all stay safe and hopefully we will be back to our great game soon!!

PS I am sorry for PP, Chris and his boys. But I suspect they will bounce straight back!!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2020, 02:04:21 PM »

But much easier for you guys to accept, yes? A team on the slide since Xmas 🙊

We were heading south a long time before Christmas!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.