$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; What happens if the Season finishes early?

Author Topic: What happens if the Season finishes early?  (Read 12448 times)

Offline Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: What happens if the Season finishes early?
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »
Congratulations to York on their promotion !!!

And see you next Season !

Offline Ian1307

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2020, 02:22:42 PM »
Best Playing Record

as between the Clubs at Level 4 and below:

• which of the two Clubs had the better percentage record taking the number of league points (including bonus points) gained (or awarded by the appropriate Organising Committee taking into account any appeals and the result thereof) during the current Season programme of league matches (as reflected in the final league table) as a percentage of the maximum number of league points (including bonus points) it was possible to gain had the Club won every one of its matches against the other Clubs shown in the final league table;

• in the event of the percentages being identical which of the two Clubs had the better percentage record taking the number of wins (as reflected in the league table) as a percentage of the maximum number of matches played during the current Season programme; 

• in the event of the percentages being identical which of the two Clubs had the better percentage record taking the number of draws (as reflected in the league table) as a percentage of the maximum number of matches played during the current season programme;

• in the event of the percentages being identical which of the two Clubs had the higher average winning margin in its said programme of league matches to be calculated by deducting from the points scored by the Club the points scored against the Club and dividing the difference by the number of matches played by the Club (or deemed by that Club’s Organising Committee to have been played by the Club in that Competition points were awarded to the Club) in the Club’s said league programme. When determining Best Playing Record as between two different leagues (Play-off venue), a match awarded in favour of a Club as a 0-0 Walkover shall not be counted when calculating that Club’s average winning margin;

• if this still does not establish the Best Playing Record then the Clubs involved shall be ranked according to the percentage number of matches won, excluding the first League match of the season.  If necessary this process shall be extended to exclude the second match, third match and so on until a Best Playing Record is established.
Best Runner Up

the County not winning its pool and

(i) having the next best total of competition points for  matches won and drawn or failing that

(ii) having the greater or greatest positive points difference by subtracting the match points conceded from the match points scored or failing that
 (iii)  having scored the most match points “for” or failing that

(iv) having scored the most number of tries or failing   that

(v)  having scored the most number of goals from tries   or failing that

(vi) having the greater or greatest positive aggregate   points difference by subtracting the match points   conceded from the match points scored in Away   matches played or failing that

(vii)having scored the greater or greatest aggregate match points “for” in Away matches played or failing that

(viii)having scored the greater or greatest aggregate  number of tries in Away matches played or failing  that

(ix) having scored the greater or greatest aggregate   number of goals from tries in Away matches played  or failing that

(x) by the toss of a coin by the Committee or its  nominee, in the presence of two independent  witnesses.

Understanding that will give you something to do today.

Based on this it would be York promoted, Cleckheaton into playoff (?) and West Hartlepool, Hudds YMCA and Bradford & Bingley go down. Caveat no mention of whether number of games is taken into account (home win for B&B with a losing bonus point for M&N then Percy Park go down, away win with losing bonus point same result. Either win with no losing bonus point then loser goes down, assuming playoff in York’s 1 & D&N 1.

I think!

Offline olfaithful

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2020, 02:35:16 PM »
Heath better avge pts/ game than M'bro so I assume Heath up to N1E as 3rd team up.

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2020, 03:05:51 PM »
So each team gets maximum points for their remaining games? Then it goes on
1) Percentage of wins
2) Percentage of draws
3) Average winning margin
4) Win percentage taking away 1st game of the season, then 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc until necessary to differentiate.

Have I understood that correctly?

Offline Ian1307

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2020, 03:34:06 PM »
As I read this it is simply total points when the league ended that is divided by maximum points available and x 100 to get a final figure. So York was 90/130 x 100 = 69%, Cleckheaton 74/130 x 100 = 57%

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2020, 08:52:21 PM »
And it will be percy Park to go down with 49% of pts available 54/110 and bb and mn with 50% 53/105

Offline Ian1307

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2020, 09:22:44 PM »
Ok might be wrong but it looks like percentage of maximum points for the league which is 130 is the 100% Mark not remaining matches. We will find out 6pm tomorrow

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2020, 07:50:08 AM »
It is percentage of maximum points from the games you have played to get a win percentage. Otherwise it is not fair to the teams that have games in hand.

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2020, 08:21:36 AM »
I think it’s complete nonsense! So it seems likely PP are going to be relegated without being able to play all their games. I have no doubt they would have amassed enough points come the end of the season to not be bottom 3.

Offline Rob

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2020, 08:32:08 AM »
****IF YOUR ON MOBILE SWITCH TO VIEW ON DESKTOP.***

Final Pos (before COVID)                  
                                    Wins   Draws   Points   Available   % of Points   % of Wins  % Draws    I think Final position is
York                               22   18      0          90   110              81.82         81.82            0                        1
Cleckheaton                 22   14      1          74     110              67.27         63.64         4.54                      2
Moortown                      22   14      1          72   110              65.45         63.64         4.54                      3
Driffield                       22   13      1          70   110              63.64         59.09         4.54                      4
Morley                       22   13      0          62   110              56.36         59.09           0                         5
Kendal                       22   12      0          61   110              55.45         54.55           0                         6
Pocklington               22   10      0          57   110              51.82         45.45           0                         7
Scarborough               22   10      0          56   110              50.91         45.45           0                         9
Durham City               22   10      1          54   110              49.09         45.45       4.54                      11
Percy Park                       22   10      0          54   110              49.09         45.45           0                        12
Malton and Norton       21   10      0          54   105              51.43         47.62           0                         8
Bradford & Bingley       21   11      0           53   105              50.48         52.38           0                        10
West Hartlepool               21   4      0          23   105              21.90         19.05           0                        13
Huddersfield Y.M.C.A.       21   1      0         -25   105             -23.81           4.76           0                        14

Durham City 15 all draw away at Driffield is the difference.

I'm prepared to be blown well and truly out the water at 6pm but i think this is it.

Rob
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 08:42:33 AM by Rob »

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2020, 09:20:22 AM »
I think it’s complete nonsense! So it seems likely PP are going to be relegated without being able to play all their games. I have no doubt they would have amassed enough points come the end of the season to not be bottom 3.

All teams that are being relegated are being so without playing all their games.

Not everyone will be happy but I would think they will enjoy their season far more next year winning most weeks than they would having another relegation fight.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2020, 09:52:54 AM »
At least there will now be many long months available for the multiple appeal processes to take place.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2020, 09:55:53 AM »
Ridiculous, if you didn't want to be in with a chance of being relegated then be better. There was going to be no solution that would have made everybody happy.

If you fall foul of it, suck it up and just enjoy next season. Whinging about it is not productive.

Offline Speccy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2020, 10:02:26 AM »
Just a thought - will Kendal moving back to the nw affect matters? Perhaps only two relegated from the NE ?

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2020, 10:47:39 AM »
When you look across a number of leagues you can see that a number of promotions and relegation's on games played v points obtained make quite logical options.

The problem I think will come where there is no account of the remaining fixtures other than the number to be played, as opposed against their probable outcome?

I am fairly sure that some teams would have been looking at a game against YM home or away was likely to be 4 or 5 points in the bag. Yet a number of teams have already benefited from fixtures against YM this season. They may also benefit from a percentage of points awarded by the formula used by the RFU, when they possibly wouldn't have got any thing from the game.

I am sure that the RFU will do their best to come up with as an equitable solution as possible. Unfortunately as all things in life some will benefit more than others!

That said it is an amateur sport that is to be enjoyed by all participating in it! I am sure that both YM and possibly WH in this league and certainly Ilkley from the league above will happily accept relegation, there can be no fun in travelling sometimes significant distances to get spanked and not be competative? 
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”