$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; What happens if the Season finishes early?

What happens if the Season finishes early?

This is a discussion for the topic What happens if the Season finishes early? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: What happens if the Season finishes early?  (Read 32653 times)

olfaithful

• One of the boys
Reply #75 on: April 02, 2020, 02:35:16 PM
Heath better avge pts/ game than M'bro so I assume Heath up to N1E as 3rd team up.

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #76 on: April 02, 2020, 03:05:51 PM
So each team gets maximum points for their remaining games? Then it goes on
1) Percentage of wins
2) Percentage of draws
3) Average winning margin
4) Win percentage taking away 1st game of the season, then 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc until necessary to differentiate.

Have I understood that correctly?

Ian1307

• Finding my feet
Reply #77 on: April 02, 2020, 03:34:06 PM
As I read this it is simply total points when the league ended that is divided by maximum points available and x 100 to get a final figure. So York was 90/130 x 100 = 69%, Cleckheaton 74/130 x 100 = 57%

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #78 on: April 02, 2020, 08:52:21 PM
And it will be percy Park to go down with 49% of pts available 54/110 and bb and mn with 50% 53/105

Ian1307

• Finding my feet
Reply #79 on: April 02, 2020, 09:22:44 PM
Ok might be wrong but it looks like percentage of maximum points for the league which is 130 is the 100% Mark not remaining matches. We will find out 6pm tomorrow

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #80 on: April 03, 2020, 07:50:08 AM
It is percentage of maximum points from the games you have played to get a win percentage. Otherwise it is not fair to the teams that have games in hand.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #81 on: April 03, 2020, 08:21:36 AM
I think it’s complete nonsense! So it seems likely PP are going to be relegated without being able to play all their games. I have no doubt they would have amassed enough points come the end of the season to not be bottom 3.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #82 on: April 03, 2020, 09:20:22 AM
I think it’s complete nonsense! So it seems likely PP are going to be relegated without being able to play all their games. I have no doubt they would have amassed enough points come the end of the season to not be bottom 3.

All teams that are being relegated are being so without playing all their games.

Not everyone will be happy but I would think they will enjoy their season far more next year winning most weeks than they would having another relegation fight.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #83 on: April 03, 2020, 09:52:54 AM
At least there will now be many long months available for the multiple appeal processes to take place.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #84 on: April 03, 2020, 09:55:53 AM
Ridiculous, if you didn't want to be in with a chance of being relegated then be better. There was going to be no solution that would have made everybody happy.

If you fall foul of it, suck it up and just enjoy next season. Whinging about it is not productive.

Speccy

• Forum old hand
Reply #85 on: April 03, 2020, 10:02:26 AM
Just a thought - will Kendal moving back to the nw affect matters? Perhaps only two relegated from the NE ?

Dark Arts Advocate

• A little respect please...
Reply #86 on: April 03, 2020, 10:47:39 AM
When you look across a number of leagues you can see that a number of promotions and relegation's on games played v points obtained make quite logical options.

The problem I think will come where there is no account of the remaining fixtures other than the number to be played, as opposed against their probable outcome?

I am fairly sure that some teams would have been looking at a game against YM home or away was likely to be 4 or 5 points in the bag. Yet a number of teams have already benefited from fixtures against YM this season. They may also benefit from a percentage of points awarded by the formula used by the RFU, when they possibly wouldn't have got any thing from the game.

I am sure that the RFU will do their best to come up with as an equitable solution as possible. Unfortunately as all things in life some will benefit more than others!

That said it is an amateur sport that is to be enjoyed by all participating in it! I am sure that both YM and possibly WH in this league and certainly Ilkley from the league above will happily accept relegation, there can be no fun in travelling sometimes significant distances to get spanked and not be competative? 
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

stubbs

• One of the boys
Reply #87 on: April 03, 2020, 12:32:30 PM
I know that whatever system used there would have been unhappy clubs but it would appear that B+B have benefited through not being

able to fulfil their fixture against M+N when everybody else played, and PP beat the 4th placed club Driff on the same day. I am aware it

was an unfit pitch,but Moortown had previously found a different venue for one of their home games.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #88 on: April 03, 2020, 12:49:02 PM
And whose to say bees didn't try and find an alternative. Be positive, it is what it is. Can't change it.

Hope all are doing well

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #89 on: April 03, 2020, 01:16:23 PM
If you can’t finish the seasons fixtures then it has to be null and void and you start again. That’s the only option.

You’re only as good as where you finish after playing everyone twice, home and away. Not with games remaining.

At Moortown we will likely end up where we would have anyway. But for the teams relegated due to a made up formula it’s just wrong.