$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; What happens if the Season finishes early?

What happens if the Season finishes early?

This is a discussion for the topic What happens if the Season finishes early? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: What happens if the Season finishes early?  (Read 32530 times)

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #90 on: April 03, 2020, 02:46:22 PM
No formula required for us at Ilkley, I’m afraid. Has the proposed league reorganisation been shelved ?

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #91 on: April 03, 2020, 03:30:48 PM
If you can’t finish the seasons fixtures then it has to be null and void and you start again. That’s the only option.

You’re only as good as where you finish after playing everyone twice, home and away. Not with games remaining.

At Moortown we will likely end up where we would have anyway. But for the teams relegated due to a made up formula it’s just wrong.
I do agree that Moortown would be rightly justified in saying they would definitely had come third. Their results support that assumption, they have failed to win home or away in fixtures against the top two. But have been the best of the rest.
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #92 on: April 03, 2020, 04:22:58 PM
Justice for PP!

Bees luckiest club alive, managed to stay up because they couldn’t find a replacement pitch for a game they knew would never go ahead! Stinks to high heaven.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #93 on: April 03, 2020, 04:28:03 PM
So Ilkley and Morpeth down to NE1, to be joined from Yorkshire 1 by Old Brods and Heath, with Consett coming up from D&N1. Well done to York !

Presumably Kendal will return to NW1.

Be nice to see some old faces. Or older faces, as it will be by the time we meet !

Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
Reply #94 on: April 03, 2020, 04:28:33 PM
Couldn’t agree more MM I am afraid it’s “if your face fits” with the rfu and knowing the right people sometimes! Justice for PP

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #95 on: April 03, 2020, 04:52:00 PM
Ha ha, great to see even if the season has finished you two from Moortown talking utter tosh for entertainments sake.

Oldandslow

Reply #96 on: April 03, 2020, 05:05:59 PM
Always going to be winners and looser whatever way it was done. I’m sure Keighley in Yorkshire 1 will think they have been hard done by.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #97 on: April 03, 2020, 05:15:33 PM
Ha ha, great to see even if the season has finished you two from Moortown talking utter tosh for entertainments sake.

How is it tosh? PP relegated because Bees couldn’t be bothered sourcing alternative venue for their game leaving them with a game in hand.

They must have had a weakened side like when Mr Gumbs was on his hands and knees at Stade de Moss with a Go Pro at 8am demanding the game was called out. 2:15pm rolled around and pitch deemed playable...Moortown scraped an unlikely win against the giants of Bradford rugby.

#justiceforPP

Gorilla

• One of the boys
Reply #98 on: April 03, 2020, 05:41:48 PM
Well we are absolutely gutted with that result!!

We felt our form post Christmas was good enough to keep us in the league. We are capable of beating the top teams but brain farts in certain matches ultimately cost us.

Our run was against teams around us with Pocklington and B&B having to come to Preston Avenue.

The two teams below us with games in hand on us, what would happen if one team didn’t pick up any points?

Ubique

• One of the boys
Reply #99 on: April 03, 2020, 06:12:41 PM
PP very unlucky but not everybody were going to be happy with whatever decision was made. According to local paper and their coach, BB could have had a 5.00 pm slot to play there last match but they would have only had half a team so I assume that they will be happy with the end placing.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/18311437.bradford-bingley-still-thwarted-impact-flooding/

maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
Reply #100 on: April 03, 2020, 06:13:53 PM
This was always going to upset some teams but it is what it is. If you are a member of another club who haven't been affected as such then jog on passing judgement of those who were. I am sure you are all upset Bees have stayed up purely because you don't like the club. There are many a good man and woman who do a lot of great and selfless work as there are at every club. This season has been turbulent for Bees before any Covid 19 restrictions due to being flooded again. We are pleased to remain in the division which was very competitive, whoever would have ended in 3rd relegation spot would have been understandably gutted to have gone down. As it happens PP had the lower win/draw %. Same rule for all not just for Bees.

csi

• Finding my feet
Reply #101 on: April 03, 2020, 06:38:11 PM
Ym go down! After the hardest season in their history. We finished the season, fulfilling all our fixtures. How is real success measured? To all the teams that have been promoted congratulations. But a word of warning to all, money In the next couple of years it’s going to be very tight and all the teams at level 4 and below need to return to full amateur status. We hope to play you all in the future.

Gorilla

• One of the boys
Reply #102 on: April 03, 2020, 07:09:54 PM
PP very unlucky but not everybody were going to be happy with whatever decision was made. According to local paper and their coach, BB could have had a 5.00 pm slot to play there last match but they would have only had half a team so I assume that they will be happy with the end placing.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/18311437.bradford-bingley-still-thwarted-impact-flooding/

Surely 1st XV matches trump second team fixtures? And isn’t that the whole point of AGPs?

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #103 on: April 03, 2020, 08:53:31 PM

Surely 1st XV matches trump second team fixtures? And isn’t that the whole point of AGPs?

Justice for PP!!

avinastella

Reply #104 on: April 03, 2020, 09:36:45 PM

First come first served bookings wise.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.