$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores 14/3

Author Topic: Scores 14/3  (Read 2605 times)

Offline porkies

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
Scores 14/3
« on: March 14, 2020, 03:09:39 PM »
12:0 York , looks like it’ll be a tight game though

Offline porkies

• View Profile
Re: Scores 14/3
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 03:47:48 PM »
22:14 ht

Offline porkies

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 04:31:50 PM »
34:24 ft York

Offline leg

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 05:16:12 PM »
Good competitive game at Town. Looked like York were going to walk it going two tries up in the first ten minutes but Town came back even when down a player due to a yellow card. Both teams then swapped scores and it was a shame Town didn’t get another try as they would have deserved the two bonus points. Very entertaining game and very high standard of rugby to be fair.

Offline porkies

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 06:53:58 PM »
Yes , highly entertaining game at Far Moss with 2 committed good sides . I haven’t seen as many games as I should have this season but thought Town were the strongest I’ve seen . That said , York’s errors did gift them some points. They have some strong runners in the tall 6 and 11  an elusive 9 and a very competent 10.
Praise to our lads though, when they turn it on very few sides can live with them which they did several times today.
Town are definitely hot on Cleckheaton’s tail for the second spot , will be interesting to see who prevails !
Great win for Pock today !

Offline carlthewlisjohns

• Finding my feet
  • Rugby is always the winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 07:06:03 PM »
Ball in hand York were unreal. First 15 minutes Town knew they had to front up or it would be a cricket score. The Lads dug deep as we traded tries for 80 minutes. York were very solid for the win. It's poetry to lose our record to York who beat us here last. They were champions then and will be now. Obviously would have loved a bonus point or two but that's cricket.

Offline porkies

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 07:10:05 PM »
Would normally have stayed and introduced ourselves Carl but Dropkicker and I both had to get straight back . Plus we’re trying to avoid crowded situations.....
And we didn’t want to buy DAA yet another pint....

Offline Number 8

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 07:56:16 PM »
Thought York were value for money,very good side .
Moortown as good in places didn’t capitalise. Right result

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 08:59:37 PM »
Would normally have stayed and introduced ourselves Carl but Dropkicker and I both had to get straight back . Plus we’re trying to avoid crowded situations.....
And we didn’t want to buy DAA yet another pint....
That would be a first, you sausage millionaire!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 09:11:17 PM »
Firstly I want to reflect the feedback from the York players who said their Moortown counterparts we’re excellent on the field as well as off it which is really pleasing to know.
That said Moortown have a few players who would grace most sides in this league. The only disappointing thing is some of their home support wouldn’t. Despite being bested in their own back yard their was a significant number who were in cloud cuckoo land !!
York dominated this game but their mistakes allowed some very talented opponents to keep them in the contest.
I think that when their supporters get on the same wavelength as their players. Not only will they understand when they have been beaten by a better team, they will understand the challenges of playing at the next level!

Offline carlthewlisjohns

• Finding my feet
  • Rugby is always the winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 09:22:36 PM »
I agree with all of that. Passion sometimes pushes the boundaries. It did sometimes feel the game afoot was at a much higher level. Town have no complaints about the outcome, humble in defeat.

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 09:44:49 PM »
Interesting moment when Yorks back row forward was hooked off after giving away a penalty for offside which resulted in a heated exchange in the dugout! I wouldn’t be pleased as a coach if a player spoke in that manner 🤯

Offline intense1

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 09:49:57 PM »
Incredible game to be a part of today at Far Moss. Our unbeaten record went, but it did not go without a fight! We took it to them in periods but York were just better the side. I've not been sore like this for a long time. Great game played in the right spirit- no chat about £££, facilities, imports, cheap shots, just the rugby.

The second row and 10 were class acts as a side.

All the best to York in Nat 3.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 10:29:58 PM »
Incredible game to be a part of today at Far Moss. Our unbeaten record went, but it did not go without a fight! We took it to them in periods but York were just better the side. I've not been sore like this for a long time. Great game played in the right spirit- no chat about £££, facilities, imports, cheap shots, just the rugby.

The second row and 10 were class acts as a side.

All the best to York in Nat 3.
Respect !

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 10:36:33 PM »
No surprise that Pock came up trumps at Cleck. Two similar styles but Pock have the most dominant tight five in the league for my money, great win for the Pock boys.

This does put the cat amongst the pigeons for second place. As before do suspect (corona virus willing) Moortown will finish second.