$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 14.03.20

Results 14.03.20

This is a discussion for the topic Results 14.03.20 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results 14.03.20  (Read 8003 times)

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 08:40:14 AM
You due a promotion bonus boatracer? ££

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 09:30:17 AM
Marks mark has called it right, Boatface has been pretty much absent until recently when he can sniff a promotion (£’s) and LC deserve a good cup run.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 09:41:06 AM
Is there any official advice on what happens if one player goes into self isolation? I know the professional clubs cancel games but should we?

Quality 2

• Finding my feet
Reply #18 on: March 15, 2020, 10:33:21 AM
I can confirm that the Ensians vs Hemsworth game was postponed due to an OO player self isolating. We also had to cancel a social event planned for that evening!
The YRFU have been posting protocol & OO followed it, as i am sure Baildon have done too.
Very frustrating i agree, but until this thing gets bottomed then we are all in tha same boat.

Ref promotion & relegation, i think that every effort should be made to play the remainder of games, but there should be a cut off date issued by YRFU & the league positions at that date stand.

Faffde

• Finding my feet
Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 10:49:08 AM
Not everyone is going to be fully satisfied with the outcome...

If the league/cup is cancelled:
Baildon will suffer from the probable promotion coming their way
LC will feel hard done to not getting the promotion they’re pretty much guaranteed, and will miss the opportunity to play at HQ (plus it would be interesting to see such a large gathering of people from Middleton in the big smoke, with most having to get their papers in order so they can leave West Yorkshire)
Knotts will claim they were guaranteed promotion and their sh*t cup run was due to COVID-19 all along.

If the league/cup is played out:
Most teams will be unable to field full teams or worse teams will  play players who are at risk to ensure victory...
Knotts won’t get promotion and blame a COVID-19 super spreader which in reality was probably Luciana ploughing through the team after activating the virus release clause from weirdowetwipe...

Either way, safely first for players and spectators - will be interesting to see what happens.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #20 on: March 15, 2020, 01:15:57 PM
I can't believe you'd sully Luciana's good name Faffde! I think it's pretty clear for all to see that Knottingley would have staged a late comeback in the league and won it by miles so the only reasonable thing to do is present us with the Yorkshire 3 trophy after this all blows over. Everyone in Knottingley is also immune to Coronavirus due to it being scared of coming to Knottingley, so we're safe.

Boatracer

• Legend
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 05:21:33 PM
I can't believe you'd sully Luciana's good name Faffde! I think it's pretty clear for all to see that Knottingley would have staged a late comeback in the league and won it by miles so the only reasonable thing to do is present us with the Yorkshire 3 trophy after this all blows over. Everyone in Knottingley is also immune to Coronavirus due to it being scared of coming to Knottingley, so we're safe.

Love it 👍👍🤣

Whatever happens is now in the hands of the RFU.
It’s been an enjoyable one if it does get pulled
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 10:38:02 PM
I for one now think there is only one obvious way to settle this. One player of each clubs choice from Baildon, Corinthians and Knottla, Coronavirus free of course, naked wrestle tournament with lots of vaseline, winner takes the Yorkshire 3 title and promotion.

Cornerstone Worm

• Finding my feet
Reply #23 on: March 17, 2020, 08:25:40 AM
The worms would like to nominate MrG.

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #24 on: March 18, 2020, 02:29:51 PM
I accept the challenge :)