$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Season Over

Author Topic: Season Over  (Read 967 times)

Offline WingMan

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Season Over
« on: March 20, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »
Thats it!! The RFU have confirmed that the end to this season has come.

Be interesting to hear about promotion and relegation in the coming days.

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Season Over
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 01:42:13 PM »
You mean weeks. Mid April announcement.

Offline WingMan

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 05:06:01 PM »
Thanks for the correction.

I hope I didn't bring any false hopes to all 4 people who read this Yorkshire 4 page.  ;)

Offline neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
  • A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 08:55:21 PM »
Five now
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

Offline silverback

• Forum old hand
  • Riverside
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 05:18:46 PM »
Well as we know the season is over     thoughts on the ups and downs     its not a easy one    but im sure it will be the fairest

Offline Caravanboys

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 05:43:24 PM »
I think realistically there are only 2 options :
1 , Yorkshire bottle it and rather make a decision they cancel the whole season which doesn't seem fair given 90% of season is complete. But this would bring into question teams that have naughty and have points deductions for various reasons , and as a result would have been relegated in the lower leagues.

2 , promote 1 team who ever finished top from all leagues and 1 relegated thus minimising the inevitable difference in opinions . This would cater for an team who may have had some sanctions during the season
Was thinking more about teams from higher leagues who justly have finished bottom or top.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 08:25:58 PM »
Firstly this should all be sorted in advance, after the foot and mouth outbreak they should have made a ruling.

I think every result should be a 24-24 draw every game resulting in 2 points per team in all the remaining games.

I believe that with nothing in place the only outcome that is equally fair/ unfair is season null and void.

Let’s all try and remember that sometimes  there is more to life than rugby.

Offline silverback

• Forum old hand
  • Riverside
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 01:40:32 PM »
Agreed there is more to life than rugby          but even at our level it is a business     after todays mail it appears that the final table  Published on the 3 rd April   that will define who is promoted from our league    at the moment it reads
Bramley
Burley
York RI
So that would mean the 2 Leeds teams go up   and sadly for RI they miss out on points difference   Looking forward to next season when we can all start again