$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Next season

Author Topic: Next season  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Caravanboys

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Next season
« on: March 21, 2020, 10:03:09 AM »
I would imagine the RFU are currently scratching there heads !
But is the drive from the RFU still to change the leagues in 2021 / 22?
Not that we have voted for that and I would prefer to keep the current system
But if they are going to change it then they might as well get on with it next season and just upset everyone and have a reasonable excuse ?
It might solve a few clubs problems out who have points reductions or matches still to play that count

What's everyone thoughts on next year

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Re: Next season
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 06:21:06 AM »
No idea what they will do but I think they should scrap all promotion and relegation. All leave the bloody leagues alone!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline Pristine Shorts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 02:12:29 PM »
I’ve posted elsewhere about Ilkley’s position, but I do hope the RFU is consistent in its approach - either have no promotion or relegation at all ( apart from Saracens ! ) or take the current league positions as final and apply both as per usual, but with no play-offs.

Offline Rob13

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 07:39:31 PM »
Given a decent chunk of the season has been played I’m not really sure why anyone would be against promotion or relegation.If we don’t have it the last few months has been a waste of time.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 09:39:56 PM »
Just for simplicity really.....we've all got enough going on in our lives without endless complaints and appeals across every league in the country.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline ye olde 9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 10:10:06 PM »
1 up and 1 down from each league maybe. If your top you are top if you are referee you are referee!!

Offline Used To Be Fast Once

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 11:17:51 AM »
I’ve posted elsewhere about Ilkley’s position, but I do hope the RFU is consistent in its approach - either have no promotion or relegation at all ( apart from Saracens ! ) or take the current league positions as final and apply both as per usual, but with no play-offs.

If it is the season cancelled as never taken place and Saracens offence is this year should their punishment for this season also be cancelled

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 11:23:49 AM »
There's really no point speculating apart from something to do . It might be 6 months or even longer before rugby starts again. Might end up playing rest  this season  after next Christmas  due to no time to complete next season

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 11:46:00 AM »

If it is the season cancelled as never taken place and Saracens offence is this year should their punishment for this season also be cancelled
I understand their punishment was for multiple seasons.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 09:00:50 PM »

It would complicate the matter  could see it as a way of not relegating them
I understand their punishment was for multiple seasons.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 07:23:47 AM »
See non league football has been declared season void.

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 08:34:47 AM »
If rugby did the same surely any red cards or other disciplinary matters would also be reversed.
As far as Saracens are concerned they are relegated owing to multiple seasons of over stepping the salary cap.

Offline Premier3

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 08:41:44 AM »
Tough call sorting out the leagues?
Never satisfy everybody and maybe all bets off for this year -But ?

Some want to go up ?
Some I guess want to go down ?
Some maybe due to go up but do not want to ?
Some desperate to stay in the same league ?

Good luck to whoever is sorting ?

Offline WoodheadBoy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 08:09:32 PM »
If rugby did the same surely any red cards or other disciplinary matters would also be reversed.
As far as Saracens are concerned they are relegated owing to multiple seasons of over stepping the salary cap.

The Saracens penalty was in a few parts. The 2nd part that relegated them was specifically related to being over the salary cap this season, the initial penalty was for previous seasons transgressions.