$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; N1E, NE1, NE2, NE3 Honours Updated

N1E, NE1, NE2, NE3 Honours Updated

This is a discussion for the topic N1E, NE1, NE2, NE3 Honours Updated on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: N1E, NE1, NE2, NE3 Honours Updated  (Read 10410 times)

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 10:37:05 AM
North Prem is a very tough league and with Otley down along with Preston, plus Blaydon and Macclesfield all semi-pro, it’s going to be even tougher next season.

Ilkley missed the trip to Morpeth at the end of this season, but looking forward to seeing you all in the next.

stubbs

• One of the boys
Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 11:35:59 AM
thanks NE1fan,
I think we will probably be in a similar position to yourselves, if you think back to your promotion season the sides were evenly matched at York, but we came to you in the middle of our injury crisis and got walloped, we did acquire 3 new players this season which improved our squad, but you are right home form all important, also probably for us 'dry grounds/weather'. NE1 won't be easy its always been difficult at our close rivals Pock/Driff/Malton/Scarborough and I don't think Morley and B+B will be as bad as they were in 2nd half of the season, and Cleck and Moortown finished 2nd and 3rd. So tough season for both of our clubs.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 05:20:02 PM
As a Morpeth fan, disappointed to have been relegated by the 'formula', but if we were in this situation 12 months ago, we'd be screaming for the formula scenario!

We had started playing some good rugby and were confident of picking up some points in the last 4 games. Too little too late but great to be back amongst some familiar clubs that we enjoy playing (and some new ones). The hope is to bounce back up, but we know it won't be easy!

Congrats to York, you can't argue at their dominance in the league, and best of luck in North Prem. We gave it a crack without the brown envelopes, (which we have always done), and didn't embarrass ourselves. Home form is crucial, and we lost too many of ours! Hopefully you can get on an early role and make a good fist of it! Best of luck.
Thanks NE1 fan.
Must admit i made the journey to watch your demolition of York last season. I was very impressed with your performance and your club. a proper rugby club. I also stayed locally so i was the last York visitor to leave your club after watching various presentations to squad and team members. If you keep that ethos you will enjoy your rugby at whatever level in whichever league!
I obviously want York to be successful but not at the expense of what they have achieved recently nor at the expense of those who have got us this far!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 08:25:56 PM
I would hope everyone at York wants the club to be successful DAA, I’m sure they do. Success next year as I have already written on depends on striking the right balance between, keeping existing players ( which hopefully will happen), bringing new players in of the right quality, (hopefully they will be walk ins) and getting the existing players  to buy into what the club is doing. If we don’t get any new players and we have a lot of injuries we will get relegated, if we bring in players and get injuries we may have a chance of staying up. It’s not rocket science.
Regrettably our AGM has been postponed however when we eventually have it we will have chance to ask questions and air our views, whilst at the same time accepting they are the elected individuals we have put in the position to make the decisions they have/will take. We must trust in what the club is/will be doing which includes developing the squad around last years players.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #19 on: April 10, 2020, 01:21:22 PM
Maybe DAA could raise his hand and volunteer to help run the club...then York can find someone else to take pops from.the sidelines!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #20 on: April 10, 2020, 01:26:54 PM
Maybe DAA could raise his hand and volunteer to help run the club...then York can find someone else to take pops from.the sidelines!
Been there, done that! I have earn't my retirement to the sidelines!!!

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #21 on: April 10, 2020, 01:42:42 PM
I would hope everyone at York wants the club to be successful DAA, I’m sure they do. Success next year as I have already written on depends on striking the right balance between, keeping existing players ( which hopefully will happen), bringing new players in of the right quality, (hopefully they will be walk ins) and getting the existing players  to buy into what the club is doing. If we don’t get any new players and we have a lot of injuries we will get relegated, if we bring in players and get injuries we may have a chance of staying up. It’s not rocket science.
Regrettably our AGM has been postponed however when we eventually have it we will have chance to ask questions and air our views, whilst at the same time accepting they are the elected individuals we have put in the position to make the decisions they have/will take. We must trust in what the club is/will be doing which includes developing the squad around last years players.
All of which I agree with!

But developing the squad at this level will cost money!!

We have a number of players who are capable of playing at least in the Nat 2 league and even Nat 1, who have been playing for the club that they grew up in.

You import mercenaries, without regard to the loyalty of your present players, you may risk splitting the club in half!!

We will have to wait and see!

Remember we are an amateur club!!

Pristine Shorts

Reply #22 on: April 10, 2020, 02:06:00 PM
I think next season will be heavily influenced by financial reality checks. I wish you every success at York - it’s a great league, even if the travelling gets tedious at times, but at least you’re closer to Alnwick than Wirral and Lymm !

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #23 on: April 10, 2020, 08:40:53 PM

We have a number of players who are capable of playing at least in the Nat 2 league and even Nat 1, who have been playing for the club that they grew up in.

You import mercenaries, without regard to the loyalty of your present players, you may risk splitting the club in half!!

Ha ha haha ha ha ha amateur club?? Was £400 a match to Jonno amateur?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Ian1307

• Finding my feet
Reply #24 on: April 10, 2020, 09:28:14 PM

Never reported a post but this is untrue and therefore potentially libellous, care to retract

Rob13

• Forum old hand
Reply #25 on: April 10, 2020, 09:46:22 PM

Never reported a post but this is untrue and therefore potentially libellous, care to retract

Are you saying you didn’t pay Jonno?

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #26 on: April 10, 2020, 10:10:26 PM
I hope the 9 gets paid.

stubbs

• One of the boys
Reply #27 on: April 11, 2020, 11:20:49 AM
Who is Jonno? did he play last season? were we a better team without him? £400 quid? you're avin a laff!!

just passing by

• One of the boys
Reply #28 on: April 11, 2020, 01:33:13 PM
Jonno never went anywhere after he was 25 unless it was for money!
Age is a high price to pay for maturity

Novocastrian

• One of the boys
Reply #29 on: April 12, 2020, 02:14:41 PM
I'm afraid York will always be known as "Promoted" not Champions. I know it's a shame for the players but it's just the way it is. If the league had continued they may not have been promoted at all......basic maths.

I disagree. Newcastle Falcons have been crowned Champions in the Championship. If that’s the case for Level 2, I’m sure it’s the case for Level 6. In that case, congratulations to York!