$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Sad news from Scarborough

Sad news from Scarborough

This is a discussion for the topic Sad news from Scarborough on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Sad news from Scarborough  (Read 3797 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: April 11, 2020, 09:21:40 AM
I'm really posting this because Barry was known to so many people across Yorkshire.

This is a club announcement this morning.

It is with great sadness and a very heavy heart that we must inform you of the death of Barry Beanland. Barry died at 8.45pm last night in Scarborough Hospital.

Barry represented everything that was good about Scarborough Rugby Club and has been at the heart of the club family for a generation. There will be few people who have had any involvement with Scarborough Rugby Club or many schools in Scarborough who haven't been positively influenced by Barry.

Clearly, due to the current national lockdown restrictions we are presently unsure of any further arrangements. However, in due course the club will be celebrating Barry's life and his immeasurable contribution to the local rugby community.

Our deepest sympathy and prayers are extended to Sandra and all Barry's family and friends.

RIP Barry
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 09:39:34 AM
A truly sad loss. A true gentleman of the game and club stalwart who I never heard say a bad word about anyone or anything. RIP Barry, I'll miss our pre game chats.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

DAVE CAMPBELL The Boro Scribe

• One of the boys
  • nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 11:21:21 AM
Immensely sad news about the death of Barry Beanland He was a true gentleman and made a massive contribution to Scarborough rugby club and sport in the town. A friend of 40 years, I’ll miss his good council and positivity. My deepest sympathy to Sandra and his family. RIP Barry.

It would be a fine tribute to this true rugby gentleman if we could refrain from the intemperate posts and replies seen on this forum of late.

just passing by

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 01:29:48 PM
I am truly sorry to hear of Barry’s passing. I first met him on the rugby pitch in the 1960s and his contributions for Scarborough rugby at that time was immense. He was a fine player and a genuine nice guy. Sincere condolences to all his family
Age is a high price to pay for maturity

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 12:13:44 PM
I have just heard the sad news that Barry from SRUFC has died. What a servant he ha been to that club over the years. Was cycling round ER villages this AM and met an ex player who was a contemporary of BB
at Scarborough who told me the news.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 01:53:36 PM
I am sure all at York will join me in offering our sincere condolences to the Beanland family at this very difficult time.

Any loss of a servant to our great game is a great loss to the rugby family as a whole! RIP
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Morriarty

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 04:25:35 PM
A sad loss to all who knew Barry ,he was a great  player in his day , a top guy and a true stalwart of Scarborough Rugby Club . Bridlington Rufc send  our sincere condolences to the Beanland family and of course to  Scarborough Rufc