$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; No rugby till 2021?

Author Topic: No rugby till 2021?  (Read 7179 times)

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: No rugby till 2021?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 02:04:56 PM »
*lose. Loose is the opposite of tight.

Offline Oldandslow

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 06:20:03 AM »
*lose. Loose is the opposite of tight.

Thanks for the correction Dan, as I’ve posted before I’m not smart enough for smart phone.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2020, 07:59:26 AM »
Lose and loose is a real pet hate and I can never resist. Sorry.

Offline olfaithful

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2020, 08:09:20 AM »
Always a Grump I know , -
I see the logic of starting sport (i.e. rugby) being OK with "no bars" and no "crowds", etc, for a while but ..
Changing Rooms ??? ; Showers ???
Are they not "breeding grounds" for Viruses ?
There are already strict environmental test requirements there over Legionella.

Sorry. Hope for the BEST. Prepare for the WORST.

Keep being safe, it is just a sport, but bu&&er I miss it.

Offline Rob13

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2020, 09:40:38 AM »
Issue is everyone’s immunity will be on the floor when we do start mingling again and there will be viruses flying around left right and centre with people screaming
Coronavirus. It’s a case of people accepting the risk factor and attempting to return to life.

Offline Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 11:17:22 AM »
Only my opinion, and believe me I am no scientist, but as long as any "Social Distancing" measures are in place, surely it is impossible for any amateur contact sport to resume. Forget opening clubhouses and supporters spending money over the bar (the financial lifeline of most grassroots clubs). Scrums, lineouts, mauls, tackles will be breaking any "Measures" still in place. Not wanting to be negative but until the number of new cases is down to hundreds a day and not the current 4,000-6,000 I simply cannot see us starting again. Everything crossed I am wrong but I am just trying to be realistic. For the record my wife and I have not been past the garden gates for 44 days now so feel we are not in danger at the moment other than from the possibility of being charged with attempted murder!!
Stay safe everyone and see you sometime, hopefully soon.

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2020, 08:21:57 PM »
Good points Flaggy. I suggest you and Mrs take it in turns to visit garden gate and avoid carrying any sharp implements during the crossover. Stay safe yourself.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2020, 07:13:39 AM »
Only my opinion, and believe me I am no scientist, but as long as any "Social Distancing" measures are in place, surely it is impossible for any amateur contact sport to resume. Forget opening clubhouses and supporters spending money over the bar (the financial lifeline of most grassroots clubs). Scrums, lineouts, mauls, tackles will be breaking any "Measures" still in place. Not wanting to be negative but until the number of new cases is down to hundreds a day and not the current 4,000-6,000 I simply cannot see us starting again. Everything crossed I am wrong but I am just trying to be realistic. For the record my wife and I have not been past the garden gates for 44 days now so feel we are not in danger at the moment other than from the possibility of being charged with attempted murder!!
Stay safe everyone and see you sometime, hopefully soon.

I share all of your concerns. We have become more pessimistic about a start to rugby anytime soon. Certainly this coming season isn't going to be "normal".

I think things are improving quicker than it seems in the community but hospital and care home transmissions seems stubbornly high.

I agree that we probably need infection rates down to the 100's before we can really relax...

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline Sail By

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2020, 10:18:28 AM »
Or a vaccine!!

I have a sneaky feeling that this will be the quickest ever drug to market. Current treatment drugs are being mass produced whilst trials are being carried out just incase it works.

I agree that you will probably see I delay but I honestly think we will all see rugby this calendar year.

Stay safe everyone

Offline Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2020, 12:40:34 PM »
To be taken with a pinch of salt obviously until it happens but there is huge confidence a vaccine is not far away, certainly by winter, possibly by Autumn. The Govt plainly are well ahead in the knowledge curve so you do wonder if this is driving their 'roadmap'. As soon as either the antibody test or vaccine are widley available it'll be green lights all round.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2020, 01:21:24 PM »
Wouldn't fancy taking a shot of the quickest vaccine to market.

Offline Ribbflagman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2020, 04:07:38 PM »
A vaccine wont be allowed until proven to be safe. I agree its the best way to go but fear that it wont be in anybodys xmas stocking in 2020 for that "safety proven" reason. As one of the first in the queue I would be delighted to be proven wrong but fear I will have to continue indoors for much longer than 12 weeks or take a decision on a risk assessment basis and get back out and about. Fingers crossed.

Offline Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »
There's a few companies geared up to be producing millions of the vaccines immediately, 'IF' one is found that works and gets licensed. Timescales are 2020 apparently. Same with antibody tests, . Will these be widespread enough in uptake to allow rugby? We'll see.

Offline porkies

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2020, 08:59:23 PM »
Sorry chaps but I think a vaccine is a year away minimum....

Offline Sail By

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2020, 09:22:35 PM »
Porkies, the worlds best are focussing on this and will break it!!