$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; The WilyJ Coronavirus Quiz

Author Topic: The WilyJ Coronavirus Quiz  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Wilyjim

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
The WilyJ Coronavirus Quiz
« on: May 01, 2020, 08:16:01 PM »
Good evening gentlemen, I hope you all enjoy my quiz. Answers will be posted after we have some guesses rolling in... Please feel free to continue the thread, or message me if you'd like to host your own another week. Yours in knowledge, WilyJ.

1. On the theme of pandemics… Which team had to withdraw from the leagues in 2002 when they suffered an outbreak of syphillis amongst their squad?

2. Who highlighted the issues with concussion in Yorkshire rugby and led to the national movement researching concussion by the RFU?

3. Which Yorkshire 1 team was exposed in the 2014/15 season for paying their U8’s in strawberry laces?

4. Which team, heavily reliant on NZ/Pacific Island talent, are facing disastrous consequences if international flight restrictions are not lifted before next season?

5. Which team has controversially banned their players from commenting on the forums?

6. Which Moortown signing, thinking they were hot property, recently tried to list themselves on the stock market?

7. Which team are renowned for their post-match pranks involving a blowpipe and some flour?

8. Who was the top try scorer in all of Yorkshire in 1978? Clue, floats like a Wily, stings like a Jim…

9. What percentage of the forum in 2016 voted in favour of scrapping Yorkshire 4?

10. Which team are so boring that the government model of social distancing was based on them?

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: The WilyJ Coronavirus Quiz
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 08:14:30 PM »
Well done WilyJ, looks like a lot of interest in browsing, but no punts to win prizes yet. Here goes:

1. Sheffield Medicals - fortunately they all recovered and are now advising the government on pandemic management

2. Hoodie from  Knottla - rumour has it he was born with concussion

3. York - in a bid to recruit from the Rowntrees talent Pool

4. Moortown - however, the revenue cost savings may contribute to more investment in pitch management equipment, like a bigger Hoover

5. Yarnbury - they’re not even allowed to talk to opposition after games

6. Got to be Carl - never seen him play, but think he sees himself as a good investment

7. Old Rishworthians - possibly due to the former Fijian connection?

8. Wily Coyote

9. Yorkshire what? Thought it ended at 3?

10. Toss up between Roundhegians and West Park England- going with England as they have the bigger (and drier) pitch and can better distance themselves.

Offline Wilyjim

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 02:21:54 PM »
An excellent set of answers Locked Out! Your Q1 answer is quite good - I might use that

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 02:30:39 PM by Wilyjim »

Offline Wilyjim

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 02:28:54 PM »
Good evening gentlemen, I hope you all enjoy my quiz. Answers will be posted after we have some guesses rolling in... Please feel free to continue the thread, or message me if you'd like to host your own another week. Yours in knowledge, WilyJ.

1. On the theme of pandemics… Which team had to withdraw from the leagues in 2002 when they suffered an outbreak of syphillis amongst their squad?

2. Who highlighted the issues with concussion in Yorkshire rugby and led to the national movement researching concussion by the RFU?

3. Which Yorkshire 1 team was exposed in the 2014/15 season for paying their U8’s in strawberry laces?

4. Which team, heavily reliant on NZ/Pacific Island talent, are facing disastrous consequences if international flight restrictions are not lifted before next season?

5. Which team has controversially banned their players from commenting on the forums?

6. Which Moortown signing, thinking they were hot property, recently tried to list themselves on the stock market?

7. Which team are renowned for their post-match pranks involving a blowpipe and some flour?

8. Who was the top try scorer in all of Yorkshire in 1978? Clue, floats like a Wily, stings like a Jim…

9. What percentage of the forum in 2016 voted in favour of scrapping Yorkshire 4?

10. Which team are so boring that the government model of social distancing was based on them?

Answers:
1. Bramley
2. Avinastella - The ridiculous comments just don't make any sense
3. York - tempting the Rowntrees talent with a few sweet treats
4. Moortown
5. Goole
6. Josh Nwanazia (Intense1)
7. Hemsworth
8. WilyJim - 32 - “Scoring tries, spreading…”
9. 100% (1 respondent)
10. Northallerton - Just farmers and sheep up there. Sheep can't catch corona so no risk of any spread!

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 02:44:51 PM »
Cheers Wily, I can't believe I actually got three right! No copyright issues with you plagiarising my material, just hope there's more where this came from - could do with a bit of light relief.

Offline Bastion

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 08:13:41 PM »
The sheep at Northallerton certainly remembered you wily, shame you didn't keep your social distance !

Offline MedicsTillIDie

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 10:34:37 PM »
Boring boring boring WilyJim

Offline Wilyjim

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 11:19:52 PM »
Won't be listening to any posts from anyone "finding their feet"