$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Level transfer

Level transfer

This is a discussion for the topic Level transfer on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Level transfer  (Read 10819 times)

olfaithful

• One of the boys
Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 11:29:28 PM
But didn’t Middlesbrough level transfer the season before last so that means they can’t be made to do so again next season - unless they volunteer? At the conclusion of the procedure described in 13.2.11(e) above, if a club subject of a Level Transfer in the previous season(s) is returned to a league consistent with its Constituent Body or Divisional affiliation other than on promotion or relegation, that club shall be entitled to remain in that League for two seasons provided it is not promoted or relegated at the end of the first season unless it volunteers for a Level Transfer.
No - Guis moved DN1 to Y1 in 2018-19, then relegated to DN2for 19-20.

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #16 on: April 18, 2020, 11:06:12 AM
Both Middlesbrough and Guisborough were in Yorkshire one in season 2018-19. From my memory Middlesbrough volunteered to remain in Y1 so don’t know how that affects deliberations this time.

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 08:22:25 AM
Told by contacts in D&N 1 that Acklam have been nominated.

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 02:09:40 PM
It was on the Durham and Northumberland site days ago and it was confirmed it’s Acklam again. As a result D&N want to do a Lancs and breakaway 😀 can’t handle the heat in Y1

Oldandslow

Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 03:24:10 PM
It was on the Durham and Northumberland site days ago and it was confirmed it’s Acklam again. As a result D&N want to do a Lancs and breakaway 😀 can’t handle the heat in Y1

There are also not happy that 3 teams had to be relegated to N&D 2 to allow a side from Cumbria to be promoted alongside two local clubs.

Novocastrian

• One of the boys
Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 03:24:18 PM
There’s a myriad of reasons as to why there’s discussions of clubs breaking away.

For the North Yorkshire/South Durham clubs LT might be one reason.

Rugby has been broken for a long time and it’s only going to get worse imo.

olfaithful

• One of the boys
Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 04:26:44 PM
The clubs at the Northern edges of Yorkshire (aka DN clubs) are not afraid of the so called "Heat" of playing harder fixtures, it is almost all about travel times and player availability.
While the odd 2 hour trip is OK for most clubs, having to travel long distances with bus trips and early starts and 2.15 KO in alternate weeks is a chore for some guys.
I was happy to do that in my long ago playing and reffing days (before Motorways and halfway decent cars) but demands on our time have changed.

Part of the reason for RFU League Restructuring was supposed to be about reducing travel times and having more local games.
Forcing clubs to add to this "problem" by Level Transfers and also now adding Cumbria clubs into DN1 seems a barmy move to me.
How St.Bennys will cope with 3 hour trips every other week, I shudder to think. Might be OK for a while, but..... ?

A spell in Y1 looked OK a while ago - playing e.g. Scarbs, Driff, Malton, Brid, York, Selby, Pock with easier travel times from N.Yorks - but many of them have gone upwards (and good luck to them - well done).
Oh well, roll on next season, whenever that is. Bored.
Stay Safe.

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #22 on: June 06, 2020, 09:24:11 AM
According to the Northumberland and Durham site Acklam have appealed against their level transfer and won . Other clubs now being asked to volunteer

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #23 on: June 06, 2020, 03:03:23 PM
Have to say, I don't see what the problem is in either promoting an additional side from 2 and leaving 2 with 13 or just promoting 3 from each league. To keep numbers the same. Given the rfu are doing away with travel grants, level transfers are just going to cause such annoyance.

Oldandslow

Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 06:22:09 PM
Understand Acklam have successfully appealed based on RFU North not following due process.

The process has now restarted and seven clubs including Acklam have been invited to volunteer to move across to Yorkshire 1, each club have been asked to provide relevant information about the clubs circumstances including any potential consequences to the club of level transfer.

I’m also told the Acklam players are against level transfer.

So I agree with Dan it’s time to end level transfer.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #25 on: June 06, 2020, 06:40:32 PM
Keep Heath where they are and promote M'boro is the easiest solution surely?

Novocastrian

• One of the boys
Reply #26 on: June 07, 2020, 09:19:03 PM
Boro have volunteered to be level transferred to Y1.

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #27 on: June 08, 2020, 07:39:24 PM
Is it true Middlesborough have volunteered to level transfer to Yorkshire 1?

Silantassasn

• Finding my feet
Reply #28 on: June 08, 2020, 08:20:50 PM
Yes.. Been confirmed tonight.