$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; The WilyJ Coronavirus Quiz

Author Topic: The WilyJ Coronavirus Quiz  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Wilyjim

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
The WilyJ Coronavirus Quiz
« on: May 01, 2020, 08:16:49 PM »
Good evening gentlemen, I hope you all enjoy my quiz. Answers will be posted after we have some guesses rolling in... Please feel free to continue the thread, or message me if you'd like to host your own another week. Yours in knowledge, WilyJ.

1. On the theme of pandemics… Which team had to withdraw from the leagues in 2002 when they suffered an outbreak of syphillis amongst their squad?

2. Who highlighted the issues with concussion in Yorkshire rugby and led to the national movement researching concussion by the RFU?

3. Which Yorkshire 1 team was exposed in the 2014/15 season for paying their U8’s in strawberry laces?

4. Which team, heavily reliant on NZ/Pacific Island talent, are facing disastrous consequences if international flight restrictions are not lifted before next season?

5. Which team has controversially banned their players from commenting on the forums?

6. Which Moortown signing, thinking they were hot property, recently tried to list themselves on the stock market?

7. Which team are renowned for their post-match pranks involving a blowpipe and some flour?

8. Who was the top try scorer in all of Yorkshire in 1978? Clue, floats like a Wily, stings like a Jim…

9. What percentage of the forum in 2016 voted in favour of scrapping Yorkshire 4?

10. Which team are so boring that the government model of social distancing was based on them?

Offline Wilyjim

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: The WilyJ Coronavirus Quiz
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 02:30:00 PM »
Good evening gentlemen, I hope you all enjoy my quiz. Answers will be posted after we have some guesses rolling in... Please feel free to continue the thread, or message me if you'd like to host your own another week. Yours in knowledge, WilyJ.

1. On the theme of pandemics… Which team had to withdraw from the leagues in 2002 when they suffered an outbreak of syphillis amongst their squad?

2. Who highlighted the issues with concussion in Yorkshire rugby and led to the national movement researching concussion by the RFU?

3. Which Yorkshire 1 team was exposed in the 2014/15 season for paying their U8’s in strawberry laces?

4. Which team, heavily reliant on NZ/Pacific Island talent, are facing disastrous consequences if international flight restrictions are not lifted before next season?

5. Which team has controversially banned their players from commenting on the forums?

6. Which Moortown signing, thinking they were hot property, recently tried to list themselves on the stock market?

7. Which team are renowned for their post-match pranks involving a blowpipe and some flour?

8. Who was the top try scorer in all of Yorkshire in 1978? Clue, floats like a Wily, stings like a Jim…

9. What percentage of the forum in 2016 voted in favour of scrapping Yorkshire 4?

10. Which team are so boring that the government model of social distancing was based on them?

Answers:
1. Bramley
2. Avinastella - The ridiculous comments just don't make any sense
3. York - tempting the Rowntrees talent with a few sweet treats
4. Moortown
5. Goole
6. Josh Nwanazia (Intense1)
7. Hemsworth
8. WilyJim - 32 - “Scoring tries, spreading…”
9. 100% (1 respondent)
10. Northallerton - Just farmers and sheep up there. Sheep can't catch corona so no risk of any spread!

Offline MedicsTillIDie

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 10:30:50 PM »
Listen Wily, I've followed you for some time and I just want to say how desperately boring everything you say is..

Offline Wilyjim

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 11:20:28 PM »
Why not "find your feet" then comment with some authority

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 10:49:46 AM »
Well said Wily and keep up the good work. Whether boring or not, at least you are posting and not just following.