$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Early Front-runners?

Early Front-runners?

This is a discussion for the topic Early Front-runners? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Early Front-runners?  (Read 5082 times)

Twenty4Twenty

• Finding my feet
  • Also one of the boys
on: May 02, 2020, 08:24:23 AM
Hope everyone is well. I assume we're all missing rugby so thought I'd share something I heard.

It seems Morley are already preparing for a big push for when rugby returns. I hear they've already poached a local 'coach' within the division to work under the newly announced Head Coach to splash the cash and put together a team to win the league and stay up. Interesting to see how it pans out. Might create some interesting matchups next season.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 10:26:12 AM
Every club will be preparing for a big push when rugby returns. Only the truly idiotic ones will be splashing any sort of cash around for the foreseeable future as all income streams dry up.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 10:39:38 AM
Twenty4Twenty is Colin Stephens not there anymore?
This will have a serious effect on their link to the uni guys who play for Morley.

Twenty4Twenty

• Finding my feet
  • Also one of the boys
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 12:48:04 PM
Twenty4Twenty is Colin Stephens not there anymore?
This will have a serious effect on their link to the uni guys who play for Morley.

Believe he's working with Carnegie alongside the uni role he holds.

Oldandslow

Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 06:33:21 AM
Part of Carnegie’s rebuilding plans is to have major links to all the uni’s in Leeds so they are able to recruit the best university players, getting Colin on board will help with that.  It does mean Morley have lost a major source of players I think and they are actively looking to recruit players from other local clubs.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 02:31:54 PM
Posted at 06.33 makes YOU an early front-runner, Oldandslow !
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 06:39:28 AM by Pristine Shorts »

Oldandslow

Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 04:40:47 PM
Posted at 06.33 makes YOU and early front-runner, Oldandslow !

Up early because I was about to have an early morning run. It’s easier to keep your distance when most sensible folks are still in bed.

Pristine if you believe the  press golf with social distancing will be one of the first recreational activities to restart so you may get wish and be able to play from June or soon afterwards.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 05:46:02 PM
Trying to be rational there is no reason why golf couldn't be played now with sensible mitigation.

Of course the biggest argument against golf being played is the fact that is an absolutely rubbish pastime! I can't bring myself to say sport!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 08:23:37 PM
On the nail about golf BRB! Also can’t see many clubs with much cash to splash.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 08:19:23 AM
I’m hoping common sense will prevail regarding golf, amongst other things, such as rubbish tips and garden centres. Not massively optimistic though.

I played one round the Sunday before lockdown under the new English Golf guidelines and that worked very well.

Regarding the old forum favourite ‘ splashing the cash ‘ I know two clubs local to us have been making overtures, but they have always paid, so nothing new there. The new financial reality might change that of course, but in the meantime, I hope A. That rugby will be played at all this year and B. That we can put a challenging team out.

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 11:36:36 AM
Whatever the ££ circumstances just looking forward to some live rugby ??
Whenever that might be ?

Seems strange that we cannot go within 2 metres of folk at the moment but hopefully/shortly/sometime chaps can run at a stranger  and get tackled !!

porkies

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 07:19:09 PM
Trying to be rational there is no reason why golf couldn't be played now with sensible mitigation.

Of course the biggest argument against golf being played is the fact that is an absolutely rubbish pastime! I can't bring myself to say sport!

There some heathens on this forum, you’d be amazed at how many rugby players play golf in the summer ...

heathen

• Forum old hand
  • DIGNI ESTE FAVORE
Reply #12 on: May 04, 2020, 10:17:00 PM
Must admit I am a golf fanatic,having played perhaps 5 rounds of golf in the past 50 years.enjoyed all especially one round in Abersoch.