$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Huddersfield YM ... Off Season Predictions?

Author Topic: Huddersfield YM ... Off Season Predictions?  (Read 963 times)

Offline RuckOff1984

• Finding my feet
  • Northern Mud Loving Monkey
    • View Profile
Huddersfield YM ... Off Season Predictions?
« on: May 11, 2020, 08:48:10 PM »
Judging by YMCA or YM not so sure anymore, recent social media they have signed a few familiar faces for the upcoming season Notably these being Nathan Chappell - 13 (unsure if RL has given up on him?) Simon Wilson (9), Alex Bull (10), Thomas Van Rooyen (back Row) and Lloyd Bentley (Wing) (Son of John) I can only see them making more signings and blowing this league apart? Does anyone know the situation with the administration that saw them docked points last season? Will Bridlington & Beverley spend big? Also Crossleyans looked good at the end of the season maybe they will challenge?

My top 4 Prediction:

1. Huddersfield YM
2 Bridlington
3 Old Crossleyans
4 Beverley

Be interested to see your predictions too boys!  ;D

Northern Mud Loving Monkey since 84'

Offline Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Huddersfield YM ... Off Season Predictions?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:59:50 PM »
There is not a signing amongst them that says they will blow this league apart let's be honest. I'm pretty sure that all those players were already YM players so dont get why they'd be classed as signings.
Way too early for predictions but YM will need a lot more than those boys to blow the league apart. I'd start with a coach that knows what they are doing.

Offline oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 09:47:15 AM »
MK, are you suggesting that Jamie Bloem does not know what he is doing?

Offline Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 10:20:40 AM »
I think my suggestion was that YM get a coach who knows what they are doing.
I never mentioned Jamie.

Offline RuckOff1984

• Finding my feet
  • Northern Mud Loving Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 01:09:34 PM »
Only time will tell MK, Jamie Bloem seemed to take on a sinking ship last year with points deductions etc,  they have been away from Yorkshire one for over 5 years or more now I'm guessing, I think they will bounce back up indefinitely. I'm very excited to watch them, they've created a real buzz via social media it seems also, great proper rugby club also. I don't really see any threat now Brods & Heath have gone up also. Hoping the season will be on track to start accordingly!
Northern Mud Loving Monkey since 84'