$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Starting Season

Starting Season

This is a discussion for the topic Starting Season on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: Starting Season  (Read 2475 times)

silverback

• Forum old hand
  • Riverside
on: September 01, 2020, 05:39:20 PM
What are the thoughts  regarding starting playing again.   as you all know we went to stage D so 2 more to go , did the RFU state that if we dont get to Stage F by Sept 19th the season from level 3-10 will be scrapped   This will have a big impact on all clubs    How are we all doing hope we are all coping and surviving   

WingMan

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 12:32:23 PM
Just had a quick look on the updates from the RFU. I didn't see anything about the season being cancelled for open age rugby.

I did see that rugby will not commence in October but there will be an update on the 2nd October. Probably much like this months update and we will be moving to Phase E in the first week on October. Fingers crossed for proper rugby starting soon though.

Caravanboys

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 11:05:35 AM
It looks like a Nov start at the earliest given the 4 week gap to move to the next stage as wingman says.
If there is any spikes then that may get put back. But reading between the lines it looks like the RFU are using it to reduce the number of teams and push cup games again.
I would be surprised if there is promotion and relegation this season as they want the reduced leagues in next season I believe. Hope Hessle are looking ok for the season start