$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Rugby Start up

Author Topic: Rugby Start up  (Read 5882 times)

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
Re: Rugby Start up
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2020, 12:57:14 PM »
Reality is nobody knows anything, and politicians are engaged in point scoring over each other which is painfully obvious and counterproductive.
I've eaten out at local restaurants recently. They take your name and phone number in case someone also there tests positive, and you will be contacted to isolate yourself thereafter.
Will / should sports clubs be doing the same, given that you will be at the same venue as other strangers? Can't see the principle being any different.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2020, 01:08:31 PM »
If the MSM are to believed regarding track and trace, how will anyone be made aware they’ve been in the proximity of a potentially infected person?

Who answers their mobile to unknown phone numbers?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Pristine Shorts

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2020, 01:32:43 PM »
Judging by the recent performances of the latter two, probably quite a lot !

Offline Oldandslow

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2020, 02:09:56 PM »
RH

Spoke to a relative today who was is involved in local non league football. They are being allowed to admit up to 300 spectators from Saturday. The home club are required to contact details of spectators in case someone is later found to COVID-19.

During the game spectators are required to social distance but with social distancing they can sell food and drinks.

So I assume once rugby can resume it will have to follow similar procedures.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2020, 02:52:07 PM »
Gives somebody else a job !

Offline Rob13

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2020, 02:58:09 PM »
Potentially an acceptance of risk? I mean if amateur football has begun then there has to be that the acceptance of risk has been applied?

I know its everyones favourite chestnut but if we can open pubs up then we should be 'getting on with life' the only reason they have been opened is because of the tax receipts. So if drinkers get infected its a risk the Gov are happy taking so really sport shouldn't be too much of an issue in a healthy society should it not?

Offline maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2020, 03:37:23 PM »
Each ground should implement social distancing rules, signs, notices etc as it should be done and is done in other public facilities. May have to look at reduced numbers attending the first few months, limit away team following to potentially the team members only (including coach, physio and all that jazz) After that, as a few have said it is track and trace, sanitation stations & one way systems in and out of indoor facilities.

Better than nothing, if you are a spectator and are concerned, don't attend.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2020, 09:03:24 PM »
I doubt the attendance at matches is causing too much concern. It is relatively easy to manage and mitigate the risk in small rugby union crowds. (Even if like in most walks of life in reality the measures are somewhat ignored after a noble start!).

The problem remains the game itself where there can't even be the pretence of meaningful mitigation.... therefore I think Robs comment of "acceptance of risk" is probably the most likely way forward.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2020, 10:48:20 AM »
What happens when a playing/coaching member or multiple members of a club test positive for Covid? Players will have to self-isolate for 14 days which is the equivalent risk of going abroad to a country not on the non-quarantine list? Are players going to sign up to potentially losing income by having to quarantine when for the vast majority rugby is a hobby?

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2020, 12:13:52 PM »
I remember being young, invincible and immune to everything. (The only thing to change is I'm not young anymore.) As I've said elsewhere, the Dominic Scummings Tsunami is waiting just around the corner. Tick tock...

Offline Bren

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2020, 05:16:16 PM »
It’ll be interesting to see what comes out in October regarding all of these valid points.
#lovesport

Offline ye olde 9

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2020, 12:08:07 PM »
Uni rugby starts earliest 3rd week Jan, no sport pre xmas. We wont play pre xmas and thereafter maybe local friendlies. I dont think the 2020/21 season will happen in anyway. Big issues will be loads of older guys will retire early as life on Saturdays will take over and young lads will quit sport or go to football. Player numbers will dramatically fall.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 12:11:42 PM by ye olde 9 »

Offline Rob13

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2020, 02:05:53 PM »
Then let's hope for the games sake it does ahead in some form because a handful of friendlies will be disastrous for clubs.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2020, 04:14:15 PM »
Today's news has Yorkshire having the joint highest Covid rate in the country. The long predicted Scummings Tsunami is now happening. Keep safe folks, and keep others safe by doing so.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2020, 08:01:18 AM »
Anybody got any revised thoughts on league rugby returning?

I still find it unlikely we'll see any "normal" rugby in 2020.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.