$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Proposed League Structures

Proposed League Structures

This is a discussion for the topic Proposed League Structures on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Proposed League Structures  (Read 3005 times)

Wilyjim

• Forum old hand
on: April 04, 2021, 01:31:22 AM
https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/approval-of-future-competition-structure-202223-in-the-adult-male-game?jwsource=cl

So this really needs to be discussed. I'm open to hearing opinions but what I'm sure we'd all agree on is that diluting the game with less fixtures in the leagues is a terrible idea. Rugby has come on along way since the early 2000s, and it would be a waste to take a step back. We should not be pandering to the younger snowflakes to make it more flexible, and lose the team spirit, family involvement and large crowds of the past. We have to realise it's just as much of a commitment off the pitch and that means buy in for training, fitness and matches for players/coaches/families/communities etc.

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 10:10:14 AM
Well there we have it. Despite the majority of clubs wanting to retain the current level of teams in a league the blazers at the RFU have driven through their wish to reduce league numbers and much more importantly, IMOH, to allow the bigger clubs to enter lower teams into the league structure. This will destroy many community clubs ,that the RFU purport to support, as the bigger semi pro clubs will take players from lower down the structure. I think this could prove to be the death knell for lots of clubs that have been a hub of their community for many years. A real shame.

Wilyjim

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 05:31:33 PM
Exactly - how the hell will Bramley 2's survive? Big clubs will be wanting to pinch those players in a flash...

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 09:59:23 AM
Can someone explain what this all means in terms of promotion and relegation next season? How high up in Yorkshire One will a team have to finish to move up to the next level which appears to have more leagues across the country than previously? It looks like being a strange season with the race to be in the top two flattened out . Or am I reading it all incorrectly?