$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Honest Opinions Only...

Author Topic: Honest Opinions Only...  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Wilyjim

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Honest Opinions Only...
« on: June 11, 2021, 05:36:46 PM »
https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/adult-male-future-competitions-structure-from-season-202223

Right so I am sure any avid forum users or club officials will be aware of this. Who is this catering for? I see no appetite for this across any of the clubs I have travelled to. WPL 2's will be mopping up all other lower league clubs talent and it will spoil what is a fantastic Yorkshire league set up.

This is a threat to community rugby and it must be stopped!

Offline Rob13

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Honest Opinions Only...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 09:29:25 PM »
Not really crossed anyone who backs this whole heartedly.

I attended one of the evenings held at Old Brods last year that was hosted by Andy Fradgley and Dave Towler I think about proposed plans/ideas. Plenty of opposing voices to what was being proposed only to be dismissed, appeared we were there as a box ticking exercise.

I get the game faces problems but cutting travelling distance down and number of games will further put people off. The lads I am involved with want more games and better structure.

Offline avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 10:03:10 PM »
It was being pushed by Jim Chapman and his gang 3-4 years ago.
It was clear right from the off what they were pushing for. They did not like the resistance they came up against.
A classic case of when they want our opinion, they'll give it to us.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Rob13

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 08:29:17 AM »
Well as our merit league stands we will have 10 games to look forward to this season as two of the sides have gone already.None looking good already.

Online Bren

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 10:28:57 AM »
Which teams are they?
#lovesport

Offline Rob13

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 11:20:53 AM »
Hope I am wrong but heard Keighley 3's and Morley 3's are dropping to the merit league?Leaving 6 sides.