$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; A New Hope

A New Hope

This is a discussion for the topic A New Hope on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: A New Hope  (Read 3025 times)

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
on: December 17, 2020, 09:37:26 PM
A long time ago, in a galaxy far. far away, the evil of The Sith started to give way to the positive power of The Force and rebel forces started to unite in the campaign to confine the nasty Emperor Covid to the outer reaches of the Empire. For Jedi Warriors close to my heart, there remain two mighty battles to be fought between the forces of good and evil.

On 9th January, the tireless combatants of Tattooine (Ripon) face a suitably motivated and sportingly orientated squad from the frontier town of Mos Eisely (Wharefedale). Whatever the outcome of the game, an interesting sing song awaits us in the bar afterwards. Social distancing measures permitting.

Thereafter, on 17th January, we face the more sophisticated and urbane residents of Coruscant (Harrogate Pythons), who will doubtless be bringing their "emerging stars" style of play to the game.

Rumour has it that Gungan City (Keighley) are still looking for fixtures, but no takers so far as the prospects of dehydration on the 4g are too risky. Hope they get what they need.

We take it that all squads are at it full tilt now to prepare for whatever the new "adapted" game brings us, but accept from this quarter of the galaxy, we are doing our utmost to return to as near as dammit the game that we love.

Best wishes to all, if any left, correspondents on here, for a happy and joyous festive season and a happy, prosperous and Rugby filled New Year.

Cheers in Rugby

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 06:57:24 PM
LO
      I wish ALL the absolute best but think the whole thing is absolute madness. Personally I will not be going nowhere near any social gatherings until vaccinated. I am well aware that plenty will be glad I am excluding mysel!!!f, but nowhere in my miniscule mind can I think of one good reason to start full contact matches.
Lets wait and see the outcome.

Best festive wishes to all nonetheless.

A worried Flagman.

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 07:04:05 PM
Maybe Earpy can have some intelligent input after his (obviously drunken rant about Ribb being full of Morons). I know its mad Friday but he should still be sober. Lets see.