$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Lower XV joining National League

Lower XV joining National League

This is a discussion for the topic Lower XV joining National League on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Author Topic: Lower XV joining National League  (Read 7476 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #15 on: August 21, 2021, 09:31:55 PM
I'm not sure I'm in favour. What would be a better solution is for the York 2nd teams players who want league rugby to move to local clubs at their level of ability.
What Ian doesn't seem to realise is that you need teams to play against...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #16 on: August 21, 2021, 09:35:03 PM
Two requests regarding Yorkshire Clubs view on Lower XV’s entering the National League Structure have been sent from County Office.

35 responses have been received but 59 are still outstanding. Would members on this forum ask Club Officers if they could return their feedback by August 20th please.

Sadly Fredsbar...there has been a pretty consistent record of late demonstrating complete disregard to any consultation outcomes... You can hardly blame clubs luke warm response.

Camp Freddie

• Finding my feet
Reply #17 on: August 23, 2021, 02:12:48 PM
BRB - Lancashire clubs voted 92% against fangatapu 'apikotoa of 2nd XVs in leagues and so our Council Members voted against.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #18 on: August 23, 2021, 06:23:53 PM
I meant the RFU ignoring CBs feedback.

the blind ref

• Finding my feet
Reply #19 on: August 24, 2021, 09:05:22 PM
What would be the difference of a new club being formed (Harrogate Pythons Y3, Rotherham Phoenix Y4, Doncaster Phoenix Premier, for example) and using players as being dual signed/on loan than putting their second team in the league?

WestoftheHill

• Finding my feet
Reply #20 on: August 25, 2021, 06:37:01 AM
You mean other than you can only have 4 Dual Reg players/Loan players under Regulation 13.4.4. 

(d) Level 4 and below: four players from another Club of which no more than three
shall be Loan Players and the others (up to the maximum of four) must be
England Academy Players under the age of 24 as at 1 September 2021. After the
Transfer Deadline, only those England Academy Players who have already
played or been selected as a replacement or substitute in a League or Cup Match
for the Club’s first XV prior to the Transfer Deadline will be permitted to be
selected in a League or Cup Match for the Club’s first XV, unless otherwise
approved by the RFU Head of Academies.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #21 on: August 25, 2021, 06:41:20 AM
In reply to Blind Ref...

You could argue there is no difference.

However the heartbeat of rugby is rugby clubs. If we have less and less clubs with each of those remaining clubs having more teams then the game will slowly lose its soul.

2nd team players from York wanting 1st team action at their level of ability can move to York RI or other nearby clubs
. That's what always has happened.

It's quite possible that York 2nds playing in the leagues MAY leads to the end of York RI.

Is rugby in a better position if that happens? My view is not  but I accept there is a range of opinions.

Ultimately we must do everything possible to protect clubs from threat of closure....once they've gone they don't come back.

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #22 on: August 25, 2021, 12:36:11 PM
What would be the difference of a new club being formed (Harrogate Pythons Y3, Rotherham Phoenix Y4, Doncaster Phoenix Premier, for example) and using players as being dual signed/on loan than putting their second team in the league?

I’ve been involved with Harrogate Pythons for 8 years and there hasn’t been a single Harrogate RUFC player from their 1st or 2nd team who has made an appearance for us as dual signed or on loan. We were always a team set up to provide competitive adult rugby for those who weren’t going to play 1st team and we were run as a separate club. And for the last 6 years since Harrogate RUFC moved to their new ground and we didn’t go with them we have had absolutely no affiliation with each other. We’ve never been the ‘2nd XV’ for Harrogate and, even if we had been, we started at the bottom of Y5 and worked up. Now I don’t know what the arrangement Doncaster or Rotherham have between their ‘parent’ clubs but Harrogate RUFC and Harrogate Pythons are no more affiliated than the likes of Halifax RUFC and Halifax Vandals.

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #23 on: August 28, 2021, 08:27:32 AM
Here do these teams play currently, Merit Leagues? What about the teams in the same current leagues who will have less games if these sides move up, surely if they have less games some lads will think it is not worth bothering and we will lose them and subsequently their clubs will fold.

the blind ref

• Finding my feet
Reply #24 on: August 28, 2021, 11:30:02 AM
for me its getting ppl playing rugby and like my lad will not leave the club hes played for since he was 9  but gateprop i must say your club house as more life in it then Harrogate when i iv played there

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #25 on: August 28, 2021, 07:57:16 PM
Got to agree with Blind Ref, Claro Rd was soulless for adults and kids alike before they shut it down. The new place is better laid out, but doesn’t have that rugby club feel either. Looking forward to Pythons coming up the divisions, as they have much for others to learn from.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #26 on: August 29, 2021, 09:09:09 AM
For the sake of accuracy .. ( don’t giggle)

Doncaster, Rotherham, Harrogate  etc etc are run like businesses.. where the ego filled barrage balloons in charge show us their penile extensions on the car park prematch…Rugby clubs below these levels are actually ‘social ‘ clubs akin to Working men’s clubs of yesteryear( unless you’re from nottla obviously where that cap doesn’t quite fit) … not  actual working men’s clubs obviously that would be ridiculous ..imagine BRB kneeling before Arthur Scargill worshipping his magnifence .

We like rugby clubs of the ‘traditional’ type for this reason . You pootle up and can engage in conversation with virtually anyone in the bar because you assume you have something in common … I mean I once actually had a conversation with Hoodie .

Ribbflagman

Reply #27 on: September 04, 2021, 09:37:24 AM
Long time since I posted but this subject is very close to my heart. Imo it would be nothing short of catastrophe for clubs like North Ribb with the likes of wharfedale, Ilkley and Kirkby Lonsdale mopping up players that clubs like us need to retain. If the RFU and their blinkered blazers are intent on pushing this through against the wishes of the majority of clubs( mainly grassroots as we are) why dony they just come out and say it in terms we all understand.
I for one will have nothing to do with it and will walk away from Rugby as it would undermine every ethos I feel the game stands for. It will indeed be a sad day but I fear "The end for our game is nigh"

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #28 on: September 04, 2021, 07:46:40 PM
Narthen flaggy nice to see you’re alive and wriggling …can’t disagree dear boy . Our sport is dying on its R’s

Oldandslow

Reply #29 on: September 04, 2021, 08:11:46 PM
Well said Flaggy, it will destroy clubs as we know them.