$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; New Laws

Author Topic: New Laws  (Read 1211 times)

Offline WoodheadBoy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
New Laws
« on: August 01, 2021, 10:16:53 AM »
Looking for clarification on the World Rugby announcement about the new laws.

Are they applicable across the leagues? Specifically the 50:22 law and the drop out law.

Anyone got any information or links?

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: New Laws
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 04:42:32 PM »

Please note that the following Global Law Trials will apply to all competitions beginning or after the 1st of August 2021:

50:22
Ball held up in goal
Flying Wedge
Cleanout and safety of the Jackler
Further detail and explanatory videos can be found on the link below:-
https://www.world.rugby/the-game/laws/global-law-trials

We will be looking at and discussing in further detail these Law changes at our first meeting at Beverley RUFC on Wednesday August 25th.
I have attached a copy from the RFU Match Official Developers giving explanatory notes on the new Laws, which will be helpful for any referees officiating at any friendly competitive games held after the first of August and before our meeting on the 25th August 2021.
If you have any questions or require further clarification before the 25th of August, then please do not hesitate to contact me by phone (07989978815) or e mail.

Lastly, I will be holding one more session before the season starts for those who want/need to do the Bronco Test. This will be at Beverley RUFC on Wednesday 25th August at 6:30pm prompt.

Stay safe and keep fit.
Best wishes to all.

Offline Rugby01

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 08:09:56 PM »
Fredsbar

I could not find the "copy from the RFU Match Official Developers giving explanatory notes" attachment with your post.

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 09:46:47 AM »

Please note that the following Global Law Trials will apply to all competitions beginning or after the 1st of August 2021:

50:22
Ball held up in goal
Flying Wedge
Cleanout and safety of the Jackler
Further detail and explanatory videos can be found on the link below:-
https://www.world.rugby/the-game/laws/global-law-trials

We will be looking at and discussing in further detail these Law changes at our first meeting at Beverley RUFC on Wednesday August 25th.
I have attached a copy from the RFU Match Official Developers giving explanatory notes on the new Laws, which will be helpful for any referees officiating at any friendly competitive games held after the first of August and before our meeting on the 25th August 2021.
If you have any questions or require further clarification before the 25th of August, then please do not hesitate to contact me by phone (07989978815) or e mail.

Lastly, I will be holding one more session before the season starts for those who want/need to do the Bronco Test. This will be at Beverley RUFC on Wednesday 25th August at 6:30pm prompt.

Stay safe and keep fit.
Best wishes to all.

So, just to confirm, all those laws mentioned and explained in the world rugby link will be applicable in the Yorkshire leagues this season?

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 10:46:37 PM »
As far as I am aware. Please contact your local referees representative for full details.