$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Forum kick start…

Forum kick start…

This is a discussion for the topic Forum kick start… on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Forum kick start…  (Read 3847 times)

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
on: August 13, 2021, 09:34:18 PM
The forum had really picked up before covid, think it would be good to get it going again.

Anyone got any thing to say?
I’ll start..

Barnsley & WPL must be favourites to bounce back up, I’ve heard WPL have appointed James Lowes as DOR and are  backing him big time £££ to attract new players.

Anyone made any moves?

Who’s everyone backing?

Looks like Y3 going to be a decent league to be in this year, get a comment posted and let’s get the forum going.

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 10:27:05 PM
The forum had really picked up before covid, think it would be good to get it going again.

Anyone got any thing to say?
I’ll start..

Barnsley & WPL must be favourites to bounce back up, I’ve heard WPL have appointed James Lowes as DOR and are  backing him big time £££ to attract new players.

Anyone made any moves?

Who’s everyone backing?

Looks like Y3 going to be a decent league to be in this year, get a comment posted and let’s get the forum going.

With the lack of rugby obviously the posts died off but I’ll get the predictions comp up and running again so I’m sure our regular posters will return and obviously all newcomers all welcome!

I think the league is as wide open as it’s ever been this season, a lot will depend on how clubs have done over the last 18 months in terms of player retention and recruitment. Obviously WPL and Barnsley are going to be gunning to go straight back up and, having not played either team before, I look forward to playing them. Pythons and Otliensians have been there or thereabouts the last couple of seasons but both have lost too many games they’d have expected to win to get themselves in that top 2. Knottingley missed out by a gnat’s physio hair last season and can certainly challenge again. Cas in the 2nd half of last season were probably the form team in the league and will be looking to take that into a full season effort. Yorkshire 4 clubs have had a good 2nd season bounce recently so look out for Wibsey and Ossett, both were decent teams last season and had good home form. I’ve heard Ossett have a new ground, a few new players and could be the dark horses for a promotion push. Bramley seemed like a club on the up when we played them last year in the cup and had a backline better than most Y3 sides so be interesting to see how they step up.

Locked Out

• Life is serious enough...
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 11:59:31 AM
Excuse the interloping from Y2, but it's good to get some chat going. Our banter just petered out way before Covid struck and I felt like I was just talking to myself. Looking forward to welcoming Corinthians and Baildon to Y2 - it looks like it's going to be an interesting mix with Hullensians and Keighley coming down, with plenty of long distance travel. I wouldn't expect too much chat from Barno and West Park England on there though - they take themselves far too seriously for that ha ha.

All the best for the season and may the best team win.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 09:05:26 PM
I think both Leeds and Baildon will more than hold their own in Y2. It’s undoubtedly a big step but those 2 are good clubs.

Glad to hear WPL & Barnsley take themselves too seriously, im sure they’ll enjoy getting changed in the dungeons at wibsey.

Water Boy

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 05:36:26 PM
Early predictions based solely on the last season played and the odd bit of social media i've come across.....

1 to 4 - WPL, Knotts, Pythons & OO in any order

5 to 10 - Cas, Wibsey, Ossett, Bramley, Vandals & Shef Meds in any order

11 to 14 - Barnsley, Burley, Skipton, Hemsworth in any order

Baildon seem to be having a decent push and although Corinths would probably like to not have to find a new coach, if they get that right and keep the players they had, they will be fine in Y2. I cant wait to just get back watching every Sat. Good luck to all.

Locked Out

Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 09:33:23 PM
No disrespect intended to any other clubs, but it would be magical to have Hoodie from Knottla back in Y2 at some point. Assuming of course that he’s not otherwise entertained, but he did spark some interesting and philosophical debates.

Shame to see Barnsley so poorly rated, but they could quite easily follow the previous season’s poor form. WPL will undoubtably bounce back. Despite being the most boring team in Y2, they do have great facilities and therefore attract a lot of attention, but clearly not for the atmosphere in the clubhouse post-match. 🍺 😴

Ossett 9 no more

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 02:56:09 PM
Like water boy , really looking forward to watching something worthwhile on a Saturday
Tomorrow we send a squad up to Bramley , we then go back in 5 weeks for our league encounter
Its going to be a great season , lets just hope we finish it.

Good luck everyone

the blind ref

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 08:38:34 PM
watched Barnsley last night, for me a very good side, I'd tip them to win the league with wpl or knotts for 2nd that if knotts have kept players.

hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 04:28:21 PM
it would be magical to have Hoodie from Knottla back in Y2 at some point. Assuming of course that he’s not otherwise entertained, but he did spark some interesting and philosophical debates.

Thank you for kind words, but I'm absolutely sure plenty would differ from your view 
Don't worry matey, i will be throwing the odd hook out this season ...Im sure there will be a few Barnsley casualties
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #9 on: August 24, 2021, 10:05:05 AM
it would be magical to have Hoodie from Knottla back in Y2 at some point. Assuming of course that he’s not otherwise entertained, but he did spark some interesting and philosophical debates.

Thank you for kind words, but I'm absolutely sure plenty would differ from your view 
Don't worry matey, i will be throwing the odd hook out this season ...Im sure there will be a few Barnsley casualties

He's here look - didn't think it would be long.  Hope your well Hoodie, been too long.  Looking forward to renewing the Knottla rivalry, both on and off the pitch ;-)

hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
Reply #10 on: August 24, 2021, 02:18:22 PM
He's here look - didn't think it would be long.  Hope your well Hoodie, been too long.  Looking forward to renewing the Knottla rivalry, both on and off the pitch ;-)

Your a gentleman and a forum legend buddy,  hope you have a great season buddy ... but not as good as the Worm's
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 02:18:50 PM
We look forward to having all you boys scale Mount Doom again. The Orcs have multiplied. Can't wait to get started again. UTV

gateprop

Reply #12 on: August 27, 2021, 10:31:46 PM
Great to be back out on the pitch with proper rules last night as we won 37-31 away at Yarnbury, oh how I’ve missed scrums! Bring on the season proper!

the blind ref

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: August 28, 2021, 11:17:11 AM
it would be nice to watch a few match's on a fri nights this season

Locked Out

Reply #14 on: August 28, 2021, 08:56:27 PM
Looked like a good effort GP and good to see ex-Ripon lads exploiting their potential. Have a good season.