$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 04.09.21 (with predictions competition)

Author Topic: Predictions 04.09.21 (with predictions competition)  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Cornerstone Worm

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions 04.09.21 (with predictions competition)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2021, 08:10:53 PM »
Barnsley v West Park Leeds - Hear WPL are struggling to raise a side. Will see if its Chinese whispers or not.
Castleford v Halifax Vandals - NC
Harrogate Pythons v Bramley Phoenix - Harrogate will be up there at the end of the season I reckon.
Knottingley v Burley - Worms will be wormy. Don't think Burley will like it all too much.
Old Otliensians v Skipton - OO again are pretty consistent season to season.
Ossett v Sheffield Medics - Students are learning from home this year aren't they?
Wibsey v Hemsworth - Home advantage to see this out.

Looks like Dropped it called it very well

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2021, 08:16:47 PM »
Everyone over 18 can get both jabs.

If you feel you can’t play because someone tests positive you should concede the game in my opinion.

Online avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2021, 08:18:58 PM »
Burley have unfortunately cancelled already due to a positive covid test from one of their lads who came off holiday. Didn't think that card would be used so early but this could be a very slippery slope for the rest of the season if the covid excuse is allowed to go unchecked, this could turn in to a very long season. Ahh well Friday night beers for the worms! I trust Burley are being honest but this could open a big can of worms for any team that doesn't fancy playing a certain game.
There is a form clubs must complete if Covid is involved.
Whilst a false declaration could be made. Official tests are traceable. It would be a risky decision to go down the false declaration route.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2021, 08:26:04 PM »
Good evening Stella hope you’re well and looking forward to some Rugby.

We are heading for a fixtures nightmare if people are calling games off for 1 positive result aren’t we? 

Online avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2021, 08:33:08 PM »

We are heading for a fixtures nightmare if people are calling games off for 1 positive result aren’t we?
Yes looking foward to it.
With regards to covid, following the rules isn't optional - and with very good reason.
If one person has tested positive/showing signs, how many others could also have it, for example, from the Thursday training session?

We have testing kits available at the club for anyone who is 'concerned'. Whether anyone uses them is up to them.
However, what do you do if two props go down with it?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2021, 08:55:16 PM »
Burley have unfortunately cancelled already due to a positive covid test from one of their lads who came off holiday. Didn't think that card would be used so early but this could be a very slippery slope for the rest of the season if the covid excuse is allowed to go unchecked, this could turn in to a very long season. Ahh well Friday night beers for the worms! I trust Burley are being honest but this could open a big can of worms for any team that doesn't fancy playing a certain game.
There is a form clubs must complete if Covid is involved.
Whilst a false declaration could be made. Official tests are traceable. It would be a risky decision to go down the false declaration route.

In which case I would expect Burley to complete said form however I think the covid excuse is going to be a real get out of jail card for anyone with an under strength team unfortunately. Not much anyone can do but I think this is going to cause alot of problems up and down the leagues. It is what it is i suppose but very frustrating.

Offline Cornerstone Worm

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2021, 09:09:32 PM »

Yes looking foward to it.
With regards to covid, following the rules isn't optional - and with very good reason.
If one person has tested positive/showing signs, how many others could also have it, for example, from the Thursday training session?

We have testing kits available at the club for anyone who is 'concerned'. Whether anyone uses them is up to them.
However, what do you do if two props go down with it?

Surely by the Friday night - Saturday morning, all players who were at the training session who are playing can get hold of a LFT. If they test positive don’t play and all those who test negative can play, depending on how many are negative then there’s no reason the game can’t go ahead. Most players should’ve surely had both jabs by now and those who don’t want to cos of “bill gates and his mind control stick insect” hidden in the vaccines should play at their own risk or not at all. We can now come in to contact with people who are positive, do a test, test negative and carry on with our daily lives. Shame Burley have just packed in at the first hurdle, really expected more from a new team coming up. And aren’t all these students who play for them pro jab and even if they test positive they’ll still be in Pryzm fingering battle pigs?

Online schming

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2021, 12:03:53 AM »
From what I've heard lots of clubs at all levels are struggling to get players - especially front row  after many older guys have hung up their boots after the long lay off. Hopefully all clubs including mine will soon get players back who have not yet reappeared.

Offline ABR

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2021, 07:35:32 AM »
Barnsley v West Park
Castleford v Halifax Vandals
Harrogate Pythons v Bramley Phoenix
Old Otliensians v Skipton
Ossett v Sheffield Medics
Wibsey v Hemsworth

Offline Pomfresian

• Legend
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2021, 10:25:15 AM »
Barnsley v West Park Leeds - A game between the wanabees and has been`s. Home Win
Castleford v Halifax Vandals - A good game in prospect. Expecting a few worms to come over and dream about the ifs and the only`s
Harrogate Pythons v Bramley Phoenix - A good game in prospect. Home advantage the difference
Knottingley v Burley - The have nots, had they played
Old Otliensians  v Skipton - Home advantage. `watch out for the press`
Ossett v Sheffield Medics - The away team by 7+
Wibsey v Hemsworth - Home team to win the fights and the game