$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 04.09.21 (with predictions competition)

Author Topic: Predictions 04.09.21 (with predictions competition)  (Read 1872 times)

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
Predictions 04.09.21 (with predictions competition)
« on: August 29, 2021, 11:18:28 AM »
Here we go with the 1st week of the season. A reminder on how the predictions competition works:
- Pick 6 results out of the 7 games to predict. This is so people don’t have to bet on their own team but can if they want to.
- Pick one result as your joker to be worth double points (no restrictions on how often you can pick one team)
- You can predict a draw if you want.
- Add a couple of comments as to why you’ve made your predictions to keep some level of banter.
- If you miss a week here and there you'll be automatically given whatever the lowest score was that week.
- Feel free to make any general comments/banter even if you don’t want to make any predictions.
- Anyone welcome, not just those from Y3

Predictions below please. Highlight in bold or comment your winning team. Put a J for your joker. I’ll post first below as a demo. Any questions or queries just post below and I'll answer.

Here's the fixtures:
Barnsley v West Park Leeds
Castleford v Halifax Vandals
Harrogate Pythons v Bramley Phoenix
Knottingley v Burley
Old Otliensians v Skipton
Ossett v Sheffield Medics
Wibsey v Hemsworth

Good luck all!

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions 04.09.21 (with predictions competition)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 11:20:25 AM »
Difficult to call really as so much could have changed for the better or worse over the last 18 months, I imagine there’ll be a fair few surprise results early on in the season. Good luck everyone!

Barnsley v West Park Leeds - both teams will be wanting to make a statement early doors as they look to bounce back up. Don’t really know either team so will go with home advantage
Castleford v Halifax Vandals - Cas finished last season strongly and have had a couple of good pre-season results so think they’ll have too much for Vandals
Harrogate Pythons v Bramley Phoenix - Bramley were a completely different side when we played them in the cup last season and seemed to have a handy team as well. Think they’ll do well this year so we’ll have to be at our best to get the result.
Knottingley v Burley - should be a routine home win this one.
Old Otliensians v Skipton - Ensians are typically very good at home so think they’ll have too much around the park for Skipton.
Ossett (J) v Sheffield Medics - Medics generally don’t have a full complement this early in the season and Ossett will want to lay down a marker at their new ground. Comfortable home win.
Wibsey v Hemsworth - Wibsey play their own pitch very well and Hemsworth don’t usually travel too well so going for a home win.

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 05:10:43 PM »
Barnsley v West Park Leeds - Hear WPL are struggling to raise a side. Will see if its Chinese whispers or not.
Castleford v Halifax Vandals - NC
Harrogate Pythons v Bramley Phoenix - Harrogate will be up there at the end of the season I reckon.
Knottingley v Burley - Worms will be wormy. Don't think Burley will like it all too much.
Old Otliensians v Skipton - OO again are pretty consistent season to season.
Ossett v Sheffield Medics - Students are learning from home this year aren't they?
Wibsey v Hemsworth - Home advantage to see this out.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:27:40 PM by Dropped It »

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 07:21:15 PM »
Barnsley vs WPL - Barnsley by 10

Harrogate vs Bramley - Harrogate by 14

Knottingley vs burley. Knots by 5

Old Otliensians vs skipton OO’s by 15 and my Joker

Ossett vs medics ossett by 7

Wibsey vs hemsworth. Wibsey by 10.

These are all guesses, I’ll give more explanation as the season goes on.

Good luck to everyone,  Can’t wait till Saturday!!!

Offline the blind ref

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 08:31:10 PM »
barnsley v wpl  barnsley by 20
harrogate v bramley  harrogate by 10
knottingley vburley  knotts by 7 but my joker burley
old otley v skipton  skipton by 5
wibsey v hemsworth   hemsworth by 10
ossett v meds  meds by 7

Offline isc12

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 09:52:22 PM »
Barnsley v West Park Leeds
Castleford v Halifax Vandals - no prediction, good luck Van!
Harrogate Pythons v Bramley Phoenix
Knottingley v Burley
Old Otliensians v Skipton - otliensians JOKER
Ossett v Sheffield Medics
Wibsey v Hemsworth

Some comfy home wins to begin what will be a hard month of scores to predict.
Good luck

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 08:15:45 AM »
Just remind me of the scoring system - as in are you doing + or - 7 match score? How many points do you get for a correct prediction - presumably doubled if a joker played? Do you do one exact score prediction, or is that a step too far?

Offline Cornerstone Worm

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 10:25:27 AM »
Barnsley - Both come down so don't know much about either, so home win will do.
Cas - Both abit naff, will go with the ugly step sister up the M62.
Showergate - Reckon will be too much for newly promoted Bramley.
Worms - Go worms!
OO - Skipton were horrendous last season, think OO could put a cricket score on them. (J)
Ossett - All students will be still hungover from 1 can of Kopperberg from freshers.

CW x

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 11:04:50 AM »
Just remind me of the scoring system - as in are you doing + or - 7 match score? How many points do you get for a correct prediction - presumably doubled if a joker played? Do you do one exact score prediction, or is that a step too far?

Just predict the winner of each game. One point per correct prediction, 2 points on your joker. Pick 6 results from the 7 fixtures so no-one has to bet on their own result, though they can do if they want. No exact scores, margins or anything like that required though you can have a guess at that if you want.

Offline Caravanboys

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2021, 05:02:13 PM »
Right here’s  the scores from the new boy.
Barnsley v west Park- Leeds tykes struggle to get a side ye right! But I still take Barnsley by 14
Castleford v Vandals- purely based on start of season and travel Cas by 12
Harrogate v Bramley- hope we perform good luck to our boys
Worms v Burley - got to be worms by 16
Otley v skipton - otley by 14
Ossett v medics - still take ossett even without the star man I am guessing, hope the injury isn’t too bad.

Glad to get back to Saturdays as they should be !

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 05:20:51 PM »
Right here’s  the scores from the new boy.
Barnsley v west Park- Leeds tykes struggle to get a side ye right! But I still take Barnsley by 14
Castleford v Vandals- purely based on start of season and travel Cas by 12
Harrogate v Bramley- hope we perform good luck to our boys
Worms v Burley - got to be worms by 16
Otley v skipton - otley by 14
Ossett v medics - still take ossett even without the star man I am guessing, hope the injury isn’t too bad.

Glad to get back to Saturdays as they should be !

Do you want to add a joker to one of your predictions? Double points if you get that one right.

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 10:59:15 PM »
Good to be back fellas! Always a stab in the dark first few weeks figuring out who are the stronger teams but here goes.

Barnsley v West Park Leeds - Bit of an unknown with both coming down so not seen either in donkeys years, will go with a home win.
Castleford v Halifax Vandals - Not sure about this en gunna give it a miss, still a bit warm for the Orcs though this time of year.
Harrogate Pythons v Bramley Phoenix - Pythons are usually a strong outfit every year, tough opener for Bramley.
Knottingley v Burley - Lots of new faces in the worms this year but confident we can give a good account of ourselves. Never played Burley so not a clue but gotta back yourself.
Old Otliensians J v Skipton - Ensians always a tough place to go with their strong runners and Skipton usually not brilliant away.
Ossett v Sheffield Medics - Will depend if the medical men have returned to their dorms, I doubt all of them will have, Ossett to make the most of it.
Wibsey v Hemsworth - Should be a feisty affair this one and could go either way, I'll be boring and stick to home advantage.

Good luck for the season to everyone, nearly 2 years away enjoy it.

Offline Ossett 9 no more

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2021, 11:16:07 AM »
Barnsley v West Park Leeds Just a hunch, and i hope Barnsley win anyway
Castleford v Halifax Vandals - close game , will take Cas at home
Harrogate Pythons v Bramley Phoenix Pythons were getting stronger before Covid , looks like that has continued
Knottingley v Burley unsure as to how strong the worms will be , always favorites at home (joker)
Old Otliensians v Skipton OO's to take the spoils in the derby
Ossett v Sheffield Medics  Always back yourselves - the medics won our 4 team tournament a couple of months ago , so certainly wouldn't bet against them
Wibsey v Hemsworth Wibsey just, but only because they are at home

Some cracking games first up , all the above could well be wrong , its all guess work , good luck to all , hope to visit your places throughout the season

Offline MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2021, 07:43:08 PM »
West park
Cas
Harrogate P J
Old O
Ossett
Wibsey (rugby league machines)

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2021, 08:09:42 PM »
Burley have unfortunately cancelled already due to a positive covid test from one of their lads who came off holiday. Didn't think that card would be used so early but this could be a very slippery slope for the rest of the season if the covid excuse is allowed to go unchecked, this could turn in to a very long season. Ahh well Friday night beers for the worms! I trust Burley are being honest but this could open a big can of worms for any team that doesn't fancy playing a certain game.