$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Prospects for Yorkshire 1

Prospects for Yorkshire 1

This is a discussion for the topic Prospects for Yorkshire 1 on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Prospects for Yorkshire 1  (Read 2221 times)

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
on: September 02, 2021, 04:12:35 PM
As we have heard nothing from clubs in Y1 let me try to kick start the conversation.

I expect a close season no run away winners a few slightly better sides then a block evenly matched sides winning a reasonable number of home games but less good away. Which I expect will see two decent sides relegated.

At the top group I expect to see Beverley, Old Crocs and Middlesbrough, also think Selby could be there if they can be more consistent.

Of the other clubs I know Bridlington have stated there target is promotion this season.

Of the sides I watched in 2019/20 think Dinnington, Leo’s & Ponte we’re the most in need of improvement. Told by people who watched Y2 Roundegions and Rish are good sides and if they have retained most of their players will be useful additions to Y1.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 09:29:28 PM
Old f’hart

Yes yes yes … but what about Pontefract’s devilishly handsome veteran Freddie mercury mirror image Mr Boyd … surely they get bonus points for having the best looking bloke on the pitch ?

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 10:12:18 PM
Small point, Old and slow - there is no relegation this season.

Oldandslow

Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 06:57:08 AM
Small point, Old and slow - there is no relegation this season.

True but with the move to 12 team leagues and the prospect of some from the top of  Y1 to one of the new level 6 leagues, anything else looks to  me as relegationnot reorganisation.

Oldandslow

Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 07:05:38 AM
Old f’hart

Yes yes yes … but what about Pontefract’s devilishly handsome veteran Freddie mercury mirror image Mr Boyd … surely they get bonus points for having the best looking bloke on the pitch ?

Right about Mr Boyd a bonus point would be appropriate. My worry about Ponte when I last watched over 18 months ago was that all their creative play came from Mr Boyd and the player/coach in the centre. Both the wrong side of thirty and now 18 months older.

But maybe Ponte have recruited well and will be a force in the league.

Speccy

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 08:10:49 AM
Fredsbar, can you briefly outline the end of season position for this years Yorks 1 clubs. How many go 'up' and where do they go,what happens to the remainder and who joins them. Many thanks.