$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Burley bottled it before a ball is kicked ?

Author Topic: Burley bottled it before a ball is kicked ?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
    • View Profile
Burley bottled it before a ball is kicked ?
« on: September 03, 2021, 07:40:47 PM »
Knottingley’s games cancelled already due to ‘Covid’. Poor mans West Brom of rugby. Very disappointing, can see this happening a lot this season.

Offline Cornerstone Worm

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Burley bottled it before a ball is kicked ?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 08:05:27 PM »
Expected more from Burley, bottled it as soon as they saw worms. Can see this being a regular theme this year, evens for them to do it again next week too

Offline hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 11:09:43 PM »
Cant see Cas or Hemsworth dodging the worms but the rest of will probably play the covid card ... heard Barnsley has booked it in already
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 11:35:39 AM »
Well well well I wish I could say that I’m surprised! Burley one of the promoted sides back passage has seemed to have fallen out when met with a trip to the worm farm! The grunting of big simbo is enough to make any team shake in their boots but using the coronavirus excuse is very poor! Hoodie mentioning ca$ they’ll turn up but will cry to the referee like they always do, hopefully this season they’ve spent enough on some testicles for the team!

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 01:10:35 PM »
Or perhaps chaps there is a genuine COVID case and protocols have been followed ..

It’s not as if there’s nothing to do in nottla of a Saturday .. moaning maggots .

Offline oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 01:25:39 PM »
Has their 2nd team game been cancelled also?

Offline Cornerstone Worm

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 04:53:29 PM »
Or perhaps chaps there is a genuine COVID case and protocols have been followed ..

It’s not as if there’s nothing to do in nottla of a Saturday .. moaning maggots .

They just had their arses fall out, that’s all. You don’t need to back them up, let them fight their own battles. Wouldn’t surprise me if their clubs been full all day with the players all having a nice pint before the Warrington fight.

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 05:53:21 PM »
Cant see Cas or Hemsworth dodging the worms but the rest of will probably play the covid card ... heard Barnsley has booked it in already

Ha! Two can Van Damme worms are giving it large after their shandy's again. Glad nothing changes!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 05:57:04 PM by Dropped It »

Offline Cornerstone Worm

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 06:07:53 PM »

Ha! Two can Van Damme worms are giving it large after their shandy's again. Glad nothing changes!

It’s called a lager top actually. Similar to all our lads needing Larger tops after the break from rugby they’ve had. Got a week till Barnsley for us all to lose the Girth, that includes Mr Girth too!
P.s Burley bottled it

Hugs and kisses
Cw x

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2021, 07:42:16 PM »
Well my perpendicular brick

I’m not defending Burley . Given the awfulness of the pandemic it would be worthy of contempt should they lie about such things . I respect everyone until given reason not to and in the absence of any evidence to the contrary accept their explanation .. other games have been called off today in our region for the same reasons so it’s not unusual . If they are been honest about the situation then yours and other comments are also unpleasant . I therefore retain my stance.. game off .. move on to the next one  .

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2021, 11:13:05 PM »
Alf Hart I've missed you hope you will be attending the worm farm at some point. I've got a chocolate knee so I'll buy you a pint if you make yourself known on the sideline.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 09:42:43 AM »
Ah Beachers .. the voice of reason and diplomacy at Maggot manor

I was intending to be there yesterday but poorly Burley barfed on that idea.

Is that you done then matey .. ? It’s that cleeseque running style that’s caused it … I’ll catch you sometime this year no doubt 👍

Offline BEZ

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 11:25:11 AM »

Is that you done then matey .. ? It’s that cleeseque running style that’s caused it … I’ll catch you sometime this year no doubt 👍

Don’t feel sorry for him. He did it dancing on the tables in high heels, thinking he was one of the pussycat Dolls

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 01:54:39 PM »

Don't listen to Bez he's just angry cos we've roped him back in to playing Alf. On the fence at the minute with playing but no doubt I'll end up giving in and playing again! Hopefully catch you at some point.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 06:22:51 AM »
Thought Bez was a nice calm sort of chap beachers ?
Take some advice ( both of you) seeing as how you didn’t ask for it … now your both veterans and have actually won some silverware to boast about to your leather clad lovers in later life … retire !
Trust me .. as age wearies you the arthritis in old injuries reminds you every minute of every day what a silly sport you played … and your phlebitis ridden alchoholic former team mates repeat ad nauseam tall tales of rugby related derring do that are complete Horlicks .. take up music or poetry …