$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores/Results

Author Topic: Scores/Results  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
    • View Profile
Scores/Results
« on: September 04, 2021, 03:43:55 PM »
Selby 8 V 8 Ponte at HT

Not a bad first half tbh

Ponte are dominating set pieces but Selby have the better backs. Ponte draft in desperate need of a fly half now the very attractive Mr Boyd has retired. Lad playing 10 is very poor.

Offline Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
    • View Profile
Re: Scores/Results
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 04:56:36 PM »
Selby 23 - 8 Pontefract

Very different story second half. Selby dominated every aspect of the last 40 mins both up front and in the backs. Could be a very long season for Pontefract.

Not sure the 12 for Selby is worth the 10k they’re paying him per season. Not bad, but not worth the $$

Offline Oldandslow

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 06:53:46 PM »
At the Selby Ponte game today. For me first half was equal because it did not flow lots of knock ons and dropped balls not great by either side, both ring rusty.

Second half Selby improved all aspects of their game and Ponte ran out of steam. Not going read too much about the whole season from the first game in 18 months just good to be watching rugby again.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 08:13:30 PM by Oldandslow »

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 08:00:04 PM »
Selby 8 V 8 Ponte at HT

Not a bad first half tbh

Ponte are dominating set pieces but Selby have the better backs. Ponte draft in desperate need of a fly half now the very attractive Mr Boyd has retired. Lad playing 10 is very poor.

Fatters … I’m told the Errol Flynn lookalike tore an eyelash whilst acting as body double for tom cruise in the new mission impossible .. he is retiring so I shall have to find a new objet petit a….

Offline neverhadit

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 08:42:15 PM »
Not sure which 10 Fatback is talking about, but the Ponte 10 was the better 10 by a country mile. However, if he’d been more aggressive with the new 50/20 law the result could have been much closer. Whilst Selby shut out Ponte in the second half, the result flattered Selby as they capitalised on a couple of Ponte errors which distorted the result which should have been somewhat closer.
Selby mid to top of the table, Ponte lower mid table but not relegation fodder.
Early season prediction, I may have to eat my words.

Offline Chief Selector

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 01:32:32 PM »
The Pontefract 10 is a good player, it was the other backs on the day who let him down with poor basic handling