$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 04.09.21

Results 04.09.21

This is a discussion for the topic Results 04.09.21 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results 04.09.21  (Read 2801 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: September 04, 2021, 04:51:05 PM
Pythons 23 - 15 Bramley

Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 04:58:20 PM
Otliensians 17 - 31 Skipton

Have skipton splashed the cash or have OOs lost players? Don’t think anyone would’ve predicted that result

gateprop

Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 05:38:06 PM
Barnsley 46 - 14 West Park Leeds
Castleford 28 - 19 Halifax Vandals
Harrogate Pythons 23 - 15 Bramley Phoenix
Knottingley P - P Burley
Old Otliensians 17 - 31 Skipton
Ossett 19 - 27 Sheffield Medicals
Wibsey 26 - 19 Hemsworth

Fatlad

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 09:50:25 AM
Two relegated sides who have played each other regularly for the last 10+ years in the leagues; both having had a stint in Y1 but now in Y3. The question particularly with the lay off, is how they would fair with either new players or the old brigade? Well both sides were barely recognisable apart from the the odd old soldier! WPL seem to have had a number of experienced players playing, although according to one of their spectators most were really 2nd team players having a few ‘1st team players’ missing for this game. Barns on the other hand had a number of young new players players playing their first senior rugby for Barns, although also had a few players missing. As would be expected by the final score the Barns lads basically ran WPL off the field, having had a fairly even game up to the hour and then Barns ran away with it and the score could easily have been a lot higher if not for the WPL defence in the first half. So for the rest of the season with the 2 relegated sides playing each other we are both unsure of the level of rugby to expect, hopefully next week against last years Y3 opposition will give us both a better idea?

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 08:37:05 AM
Nice to be back playing some league rugby after a long lockdown period.  Was good to get the W on the board.  Was a decent game down at Shaw Lane against WPL - they frustrated the life out of us for extended periods and at 17-14 with 20 minutes to go it looked like they might have nicked it.  I do think our fitness told in the end and we ran in a few decent tries. 
As fatlad said, doesn't really give us much of a taste of what the league is about as we've played WPL for the last 10 seasons or so... but still it's just good to be back playing.

rugbyref

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 10:14:11 AM
Was good to be back out playing as others have mentioned. Decent game at Barnsley, shame about the result for us but I do think the better team won on the day. Barnsley were well drilled, their skipper played very well and carried great all afternoon. We defended well in patches and with 25 minutes to go were still in the game. A few players to return for us still and as we play together more we will hopefully improve. I would like to think an Away game at Barnsley is probably one of the hardest this season. Great hospitality afterwards too we all had an enjoyable afternoon, was very happy with the drinks prices in the new bar area too!

the boy

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 10:30:04 AM
The Harrogate game was a good test for us, going in at HT down 6-3 despite the majority of territory just no end product. The first 20 mins of the second half was all harrogate, very clinical at finishing chances. The biggest difference between Y3 & Y4 so we must learn from it. The final 20 minutes saw us run in two good tries missing out on a bonus point by a single point.

On to next week & otley which will hopefully allow us to have all our players back.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 11:19:39 AM
Was good to be back out playing as others have mentioned. Decent game at Barnsley, shame about the result for us but I do think the better team won on the day. Barnsley were well drilled, their skipper played very well and carried great all afternoon. We defended well in patches and with 25 minutes to go were still in the game. A few players to return for us still and as we play together more we will hopefully improve. I would like to think an Away game at Barnsley is probably one of the hardest this season. Great hospitality afterwards too we all had an enjoyable afternoon, was very happy with the drinks prices in the new bar area too!

Prices must have been good, it's first time in well over 10 years you've offered to buy a pint!

rugbyref

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 01:36:57 PM

Prices must have been good, it's first time in well over 10 years you've offered to buy a pint!

And it wasn't even a full pint anyway! I'll get you one on the return fixture but its a long time to wait

gateprop

Reply #9 on: September 06, 2021, 10:28:50 PM
The Harrogate game was a good test for us, going in at HT down 6-3 despite the majority of territory just no end product. The first 20 mins of the second half was all harrogate, very clinical at finishing chances. The biggest difference between Y3 & Y4 so we must learn from it. The final 20 minutes saw us run in two good tries missing out on a bonus point by a single point.

On to next week & otley which will hopefully allow us to have all our players back.

Your lads certainly threw everything at us and I'm sure you'll give a lot of teams a hard time with committed performances like that. It's a completely transformed Bramley team from the last time we played each other in the league and the game is much better for it. Hope you enjoyed your bus trip and look forward to the return fixture!

On another note it's interesting to see a few clubs across different leagues making comment about the number of players they had unavailable this weekend. It seems like every club was in the same boat and it made it a struggle for us to get a 2nd team out. Wonder if it was just a case of people making the most of the last weekend before kids go back to school or maybe an overlap from rugby league or cricket seasons or whether priorities have changed for some people and this might be the 'new normal'. Hopefully back to business for all teams next week.