$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 11.09.21

Predictions 11.09.21

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions 11.09.21 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Predictions 11.09.21  (Read 4262 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: September 06, 2021, 10:33:54 PM
A reminder on how the predictions competition works for anyone still wanting to join in:
- Pick 6 results out of the 7 games to predict. This is so people don’t have to bet on their own team but can if they want to.
- Pick one result as your joker to be worth double points (no restrictions on how often you can pick one team)
- You can predict a draw if you want.
- Add a couple of comments as to why you’ve made your predictions to keep some level of banter.
- If you miss a week here and there you'll be automatically given whatever the lowest score was that week.
- Feel free to make any general comments/banter even if you don’t want to make any predictions.
- Anyone welcome, not just those from Y3

Predictions below please. Highlight in bold or comment your winning team. Put a J for your joker. Any questions or queries just post below and I'll answer.

Here's the fixtures:
Barnsley v Knottingley
Bramley Phoenix v Knottingley
Burley v Harrogate Pythons
Hemsworth v Ossett
Sheffield Medics v Castleford
Skipton v Wibsey
West Park Leeds v Halifax Vandals

Good luck all!

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 11:00:20 PM
Barnsley v Knottingley - good start to the season for Barnsley they'll be looking to continue that form at home. The Knottingley lads won't make it easy though, should be a cracking game.
Bramley Phoenix (J) v Old Otliensians - looked like a much changed Otliensians side and unless they've got some players back it could be a long afternoon for them. Bramley will throw the kitchen sink at them and I'd expect them to be stronger at home.
Burley v Harrogate Pythons - hopefully Burley have cleared the Covid from their camp and the fixture will go ahead. Been a while since we've played at Burley so looking forward to it.
Hemsworth v Ossett - I think Ossett will have been disappointed to have lost last week but Hemsworth is not an easy place to bounce back from a defeat. Close home win.
Sheffield Medics v Castleford - Medics obviously have a decent side back judging on last weeks result but Cas are a big strong team who will dominate in the forwards, not sure Medics will get enough ball or field position to punish them out wide.
Skipton v Wibsey - credit to Skipton not many saw that coming last week. Both sides will be wanting to make it 2 out of 2 but I'll back Skipton to roll over their momentum from last week.
West Park Leeds v Halifax Vandals - hard to tell if WPL were bad last week or whether Barnsley were just that strong. You'd fancy them to want to bounce back at home though Vandals won't make it easy. Close home win.

Cornerstone Worm

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 09:35:53 AM
Knottla - Can't not back the mighty worms, also looking forward to these cheap prices I keep hearing about in Barnsley's luxurious new after match pad.
Bramley - OO's let me down in the first game, feel like Bramley will live upto their name and rise back from that loss against 'Arraget and snatch a win here.
Showergate (J) - Burley will pull out again cos of covid.
Shmeds - Student power to overcome Ca$.
Skipton - still not seen anything of Wibsey since they've been promoted so will back Skipton for no reason at all.
WPL - Jimmy Lowes Barmy Army

the blind ref

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 06:16:52 PM
barnsley v knotts  barnsley to run them all over by 20+
branmley v oo  bramley by 15 going to be a hard year for oo unless old lads come back
burly v harrogate harr  by 10 burun cas all burly to have players back
hems v osset i think the game of the week joker
sherffield med v cas meds by 7 run cas all over
skipton v wibsey  close game skipton by 5
wpl v Vandals wpl by 20 wpl never travel well

Diglet

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 09:01:55 AM
Barnsley v Knottingley - no game for us last week so will be tough for us on Sat but reckon we can pull somert out of the bag and snatch a win.
Bramley v Ensiens - Know a few Bramley players and they said they played well against Harrogate apart from the result so will back em to beat Ensiens who sound like they've dropped abit since we was last playing.
Burley v Harrogate - Didn't get to see what Burley was like last week after the covid fiasco so will go with Harrogate who are always a solid team. (J)
Sheff Meds v Cas - Think the students fitness and pace should be too much for Cas but will be close.
Skipton v Wibsey - Sounded like a good win for Skipton last weekend so will go for the home advantage here.
West Park v Vandals - Former Div 2 side should be too much for the Orcs who I don't think travel well usually anyway.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 08:35:59 PM
Joker - Bramley 20 - 7 otley
Hemsworth 14-17 ossett
Burley 7-21 Harrogate
Sheffield meds 24-21 Cas
Skipton 14-21 wibsey
WPL 21-14 Vandals

Ossett 9 no more

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 09:15:49 AM
Wow , another great round of games
Nothing but a cigarette paper between most
Good luck all

Barnsley v Knottingley
Bramley Phoenix v Old Otley
Burley v Harrohonsgate Pyt
Hemsworth v Ossett
Sheffield Medics v Castleford (J)
Skipton v Wibsey
West Park Leeds v Halifax Vandals
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 12:49:47 PM by Ossett 9 no more »

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 12:27:20 PM
Knottingley- Got to back the lads but will be a very tough game with it been at their place!
Old O
Harrogate
Ossett- Would to see Hemsworth go down
Sheff Meds J
West Park Leeds
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 11:00:29 AM by MrG »

Caravanboys

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 12:55:52 PM
Barnsley v worms - should be interesting but Barnsley at home for me
Burley v Phythons- unless COVID strikes again Harrogate J
Hemsworth v ossett- think I would have to go with the ossett pack
Medics v Castleford- after last weeks win I’ll go with medics at home
Skipton v wibsey - again should be interesting to see if wibsey are the real deal any weddings pending obviously skipton and a red
West park v vandals - WPD home win.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 02:07:46 PM
Barnsley v Knottingley - A delayed start to the season for us and none much tougher than Barnsley away but we're looking forward to being back down Shaw Lane again and will be a good measure of where we are.
Bramley Phoenix v Old Otliensians - Skipton beating Ensians surprised me last week, are they a much changed team from 2 years ago? Bramley also gave Pythons a run for their money at home so going for Bramley to nick this.
Burley v Harrogate Pythons J - Obviously not seen Burley so will have to go with Pythons on this one, always a good outfit. Hopefully Burley's covid troubles are over.
Hemsworth v Ossett - Be a good slog this, Hemsworth are tough to beat at home think they'll edge it.
Sheffield Medics v Castleford - Last weeks result would suggest the students are back early, think it'll be close but students just.
Skipton v Wibsey - Think skipton shocked everyone last week and they're usually stronger at home so I'll go for them.
West Park Leeds v Halifax Vandals - West Park will be wanting to bounce back straight away. Vandals could pull a rabbit out the hat though. The Orcs will be wondering round thinking they're at Twickenham.

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 02:24:56 PM
Barnsley v Knottingley.  Barnsley by a yard mile. Knottingley`s waistlines will prove they spend too much time hyping themselves up on here
Bramley Phoenix v Old Otliensians. Looking for a home win over the paparazzi's
Burley v Harrogate Pythons Having had Covid, I appreciate the recovery time, it will take weeks to get back to strength. Easy away win
Hemsworth v Ossett. Home win but tight
Sheffield Medics v Castleford Very tough away game for Cas, defence should see the pride of West Yorkshire come home with the win
Skipton v Wibsey. Comfortable home win
West Park Leeds v Halifax Vandals If the vandals play to their strengths and don't get drawn into a forwards battle they should win this one

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 03:36:37 PM
Aww Pommy mate hope your okay hun? We are a set on mongrels and unfortunately we do hype ourselves up :( sorry babe. xoxo

scoring trys saving lives

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 04:37:46 PM
Evening gents.

This is our debut post as a club.
We’re looking forward to hosting Castleford down in Sheffield tomorrow. This weekend is particularly important to us as a club. As well as celebrating our first home Yorkshire 3 game since March 2020, we are hosting a fundraiser for Sheffield Hospitals Charities, Lymphoma fund. This is in honour of one of our current members, Dan Booth, who was diagnosed with a blood cancer called Hodgkin Lymphoma last November. Although I am pleased to say he is now in remission and recommencing his studies, this is a cause very close to our hearts. As medics we see stories like this every day, but when it happens to our own teammate it’s another matter altogether.

I would greatly encourage anyone to visit out insta page (@smrufc) to read more about what we are doing this weekend and why. In addition, the link in our bio will take you to a donation page. Any contributions to this amazing charity will be massively appreciated and will go to supporting the staff and research that ultimately cared for Dan.
Best of luck to all those playing this weekend.

Yours in rugby,
DT
Sheffield Medics DOR

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 08:42:18 PM
Pommers

Nice to see you’re back in the saddle .. ‘ pride of west Yorkshire’ ? a pokey muddy prefabricated shed  on a main road through an industrial estate on the R’s end of cutsyke …it’s not even the pride of Cas ( actually it’s not even in Cas) … keep it up lad I love it . Also it’s pomfretian …

isc12

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 10:17:56 PM
Barnsley v Knottingley
Bramley Phoenix v Old Otley
Burley v Harrogate Pyt - Joker
Hemsworth v Ossett
Sheffield Medics v Castleford
Skipton v Wibsey
West Park Leeds v Halifax Vandals - no prediction