$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Saturday 11th Scores

Author Topic: Saturday 11th Scores  (Read 2230 times)

Re: Saturday 11th Scores
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2021, 10:23:18 AM »
Watched Brods yesterday, not much in the sides just Brods played their pitch better and didn’t allow the game to flow when Morley had the advantage of the slope.
I thought the Ref was excellent, stamped his authority early and made no obvious mistakes… except there were two 22m drop outs, both from the ball being grounded over the try line from an attacking kick.  I thought this was now a goal line drop out, am I mistaken?

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »
PS nice of Durham to register their players this week 🙊

Interesting to see the punishment handed down. A certain North Leeds club were handed a hefty points deduction many moons ago.

Offline around forever

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2021, 11:48:23 AM »
Watched Brods yesterday, not much in the sides just Brods played their pitch better and didn’t allow the game to flow when Morley had the advantage of the slope.
I thought the Ref was excellent, stamped his authority early and made no obvious mistakes… except there were two 22m drop outs, both from the ball being grounded over the try line from an attacking kick.  I thought this was now a goal line drop out, am I mistaken?

No you are not mistaken "naughty boy". An attacking kick that goes in goal, and is made dead by the defence, now results in a "goal line drop out". I have every sympathy with the ref given, like the players, they have all had so much time off, and not much time pre season to embed these global law trials into their routines. This one does feel counter intuitive. I know this because, having seen a referee, at National 1, give this correctly last week, I was convinced he had got it wrong until a check on the World Rugby website confirmed that he, like you, had got it right.

Online WoodheadBoy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2021, 12:07:13 PM »

One of the best referees we have had in a very long time. Very impressive.