$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 11/09

Author Topic: Results 11/09  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
    • View Profile
Results 11/09
« on: September 11, 2021, 05:23:55 PM »
Had a gander down to my local ground today to watch Barnsley V Knottingley.

FT Barnsley 26- 3 Knottingley

Knottingley much the stronger team in the first half until they lost their starting 12 & 13 to injury and the angry 15 to a yellow card. Knottingley goal kicker missed plenty of opportunities to give Knottingley the lead before finally slotting a penalty. Barnsley scored a well worked try with last play of the half.

Barnsley much more organised in the second half and Knottingley depleted by injuries, Barnsley camped in their half without capitalising. Knottingley getting frustrated tried to fight everyone and everything to swing momentum their way. Finally it was Barnsley’s fitness that won them the game with 3 tries in the last ten minutes.

Game much closer than score suggests and was slightly ruined for both teams with a whistle happy ref. Barnsley to win the league but Knottingley to be up the top end of table aswell.

Offline MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
    • View Profile
Re: Results 11/09
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 05:40:37 PM »
Think that’s a fair reflection of the game Fat Back! Proud of the lads effort today with quite a few missing! The ref loves his own voice, had him plenty of times before so we knew what to expect! Barnsley well drilled and will push for promotion!

Just seen Old O had to forfeit game due to not fielding a team! What’s all that about ?

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 06:10:32 PM »
Can't grumble at that assessment Fat Back. I think the game turned for us when we lost our centre to the head collision and Barnsley also lost their 8 too but rules are rules and we understand why they are there. A tough game with defences on top and a bit scrappy like you say. We missed some glaring chances to go in front in the first half but that will come and Barnsley managed the game well in the second half with our discipline letting us down too. Game got away from us in the last 10 with some tired defence but to be expected after that tussle and 18 months on the sofa! 😂 Good luck to Barnsley for the rest of the season. Some other big results elsewhere, think I'm gunna stop predicting!

Offline oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 06:20:48 PM »
Are there any sanctions on the teams failing to get a team together, other than the walkover points to their opposition.

Offline Diglet

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 06:28:22 PM »
I miss weirdowetwipe

Offline Dan Nulty

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 06:29:17 PM »
Depends if they turned up but couldn't play due to front row. If they didn't turn up then it used to mean a minus 4. If they turned up with what they had and played some form of friendly match then they don't lose anything.

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 06:43:25 PM »
Barnsley 26 - 3 Knottingley
Bramley Phoenix HWO Old Otliensians
Burley 0 - 38 Harrogate Pythons
Hemsworth 17 - 31 Ossett
Sheffield Medicals 8 - 13 Castleford
Skipton HWO Wibsey
West Park Leeds 19 - 31 Halifax Vandals

Offline WingMan

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 06:44:03 PM »
OO's turned up to Bramley with 14 men with no hooker. The match was called around 50 mins due to a neck injury to an OO's player. Score at this point was 50-0 to Bramley. Fair play to the lads that turned up for Otley, gave their best until the above moment and hope the lad from Otley gets better soon 👏

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 06:47:28 PM »
Well made the short trip to Barnsley to see how Knotts would handle the league winners! Knotts struggled in the scrum and the kicker couldn’t get the ball over the goal if he had a laser guide! The score doesn’t really reflect the game as the 6 fingers finally earned their bread and scored points in the final 10 of the game. Knotts discipline let them down and squad depth seems to be a problem

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 06:49:21 PM »
I’d also like to add the disgust of their fans and coach cheering an injury to a Knotts player. The 6 fingered freaks want to be proud of themselves! There’s no place for that in Yorkshire 3 or any level of rugby

Offline Pomfresian

• Legend
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 07:06:17 PM »
Finally splurge pig, something we may agree on

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2021, 08:30:36 AM »
Good showing from the Vandals yesterday.

Dominated the first 40 mins. Second half a bit closer, but a last gasp try for West Park maybe made it look closer than it was. Great set of lads over there, look forward to the return fixture.

We had about 35 players unavailable last week and just about managed to get two sides out. This week we had some more available. Think the first 3/4 weeks until cricket, weddings, birthdays etc are all caught up on means teams are what they can get together. Let's see how the ground lies in Oct to see how teams are really shaping up.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 08:31:02 AM »
Well I’m struggling with my otter nose  and truffle morning consommé …I agree with pomfretian and piglet.. anyone from Barnsley who can respond ? I’ve always liked the lads at Barnsley on the touch line .. one of my favourite clubs to visit …were those jeering interlopers not  rugby chaps ?

Offline hobbo

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2021, 12:32:12 PM »
I played yesterday against knottingley. Could be a handy side if they wanted to be - certainly put us to the pump in the 1st half with some big ball carriers. But in the end the game was a sham, too much stop starting for whatever reason. It lead to lot of scrums, of which Knott weren’t any good so this took any momentum they had away from them.
I’m Afraid I don’t follow. Your saying a coach of ours, laughed at one of your lads being injured?? Who and when?
We had one coach on Saturday and he came on to the pitch with our physio to look after your player… to which he was called a speccy t**t!
But suppose that’s ok in Y3?

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2021, 02:57:23 PM »
Hobo I know what I saw and heard! My body may be ageing but my eyesight and hearing is still very sharp! The return fixture will be a spicy one I just hope you don’t have a “covid” case that weekend!

I played yesterday against knottingley. Could be a handy side if they wanted to be - certainly put us to the pump in the 1st half with some big ball carriers. But in the end the game was a sham, too much stop starting for whatever reason. It lead to lot of scrums, of which Knott weren’t any good so this took any momentum they had away from them.
I’m Afraid I don’t follow. Your saying a coach of ours, laughed at one of your lads being injured?? Who and when?
We had one coach on Saturday and he came on to the pitch with our physio to look after your player… to which he was called a speccy t**t!
But suppose that’s ok in Y3?