$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 4 Predictions / Banter

Author Topic: Week 4 Predictions / Banter  (Read 6171 times)

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Week 4 Predictions / Banter
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2021, 03:36:48 PM »
Is this guy a parody?

Mudrock

Do be Absurd .

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2021, 09:48:55 AM »
I think that the respective club’s representations to whatever body will hear “the case” will help determine who was in the right or wrong. I understand video  evidence is being submitted as well as written accounts. Personally I thought the referee was having a cracking game. Balanced, good communication, tried to keep play going and up to the point in question, showed a good grip on the game. At 20 years old, yes 20; the lad has a great future ahead of him. I hope this event doesn’t put him off continuing.

Offline Pikey

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2021, 02:20:07 PM »
This is it there was no abuse even said to ref thats why I saying what I have there was no carrying on what so ever. Both sets of players didn't even know the game had been called off after Ripon scored. No one had a clue what was going on he shouted in his word (I need a moment) then walked off the field both sets of players stood bemused. That's why after hearing what was put in the report the club was distraught. I even know that volunteers have walked away from the club because of the lies thats been put in the report. Knowing regardless to our appeals the club will be labelled to every ref next coming to ls10.
Chap,
You need to learn the first rule of holes - when you're in one, stop digging.

Offline Pikey

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2021, 02:23:53 PM »
You was at the game the... why was the Ripon player yellow carded in the first half.

Offline avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2021, 03:30:58 PM »
Just reading the disciplary summaries and one club is on there for Match Official abuse - in pre season friendly!!
What's wrong with some people??
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2021, 07:46:33 PM »
Well Pikey, yes I was there and the Ripon player yellow carded in the first half committed a technical offence and recognised that he deserved his sanction. He exited the pitch immediately without a murmur. Unfortunately we never got the chance to discuss the incident with the referee post-match to clarify the issue. Hope that helps.

That was a statement rather than a question, as I can't see the point in any protracted debate on the matter and don't want to be accused of lying. :)

Offline Weirdowetwipe

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2021, 04:12:49 PM »
Well it's been a while, been keeping my head low after going toe to toe with the ICF and Watford Hornets! Had a few bruises and broken nails to repair before I came creeping out of the woodwork!

Well, well well it's all been happening hasn't it. After the West Ham game I took a stroll up to the Corinthians, I was feeling down and deflated after Leeds had lost, but the sun was shining and notice a few Ripon lads with their straw hats on leaving in the bar in good spirits and then I heard all about the match or should I say half a match?

Here is my take:
This Rugby Union set up just reminds of how a large companies operate! It mirrors how the office works in these large companies. Leeds Corinthians reminds me of the working class lad who has grafted his knackers off to get a big shot in the company, but you'll always come up against the Ripon lad who's had it all handed to him on a silver plate and awarded a role in the company because Daddy works there, the Ripon lad who tread and trample on anyone in his way to reach the top, shag the managing director, highlight the shoddy work done by Geoff in purchase ledger, offer the financial controller a coffee every 2 mins whilst straightening his tie before he goes into an important meeting. The Ripon lad will go to the kitchen to make coffee and be all friendly with the Leeds Corinthian having a laugh and a joke, borrowing the milk off him before going back to his desk and sending a sneaky email to the boss slagging him off! Basically the Ripon lad is 2 faced, brown nosed plug hole sucking on the chief executives pipe, agreeing to everything and saying yes sir, 2 bags full sir, certainly sir, please, thank you, love you, you look great. Then you get some random like Murdoch who has been around the block can't get job but is sniffing around siding with the big company hoping to get a job as tea lady, but he's that pathetic at everything he does his comments and views just become irrelevant and finds himself qeuing at the dole office every Tuesday.

From what I gather, you have a young referee who's struggled to referee, we all have to hold our hands up when we haven't been up to it, Ive struggled at times with under 7s football, when little Lewis is telling me it's a corner and not a goal kick. At the end of the day there was a sin binning for Ripon and as somebody stated being the brown nosed plug hole behaved amazingly and walked off the pitch aasking the ref if he'd like a pint of Madri after the game.he pursued to the naughty corner where he sat quietly for 10 mins with his hands on his head in silence like good little angel waiting to be sent to heaven. The Leeds Corinthian lad got a yellow card walked away, peed off he'd let himself down and said f#ck sake to the grass and his merry blades of friends, the Leeds Corinthians crowd made a noise and were annoyed a yellow card was given some saying what is that for, OMG, wowzers, balls, oh no! God forbid there was a crowd of at least 27 watching to make it as hostile as Elland Road on cold wet Tuesday night.

Morale to the story is that Rugby Union needs to get a grip and acting like a big internation corporation where greedy rich men act corrupt to line their own pockets and protect their friends and greedy associates. A balanced view needs to be taken, watch the video evidence, speak to witnesses, don't just listen to rich little William with his straw hat on driving Daddy's Porsche about. Get a balanced view not a biased one. Sort yourself out!

Society in general needs to get a grip, too many snowflakes, too many brown nosed, plug holes.

If Leeds aren't playing at home when Corinthians play away at Ripon I'll be the guy on his own on the banks of Ripon with a huge banner saying 'Down with the brown nosed, bath sucking plug holes' no doubt the police will forcibly remove me from the premises for causing stress and anxiety to the whole population of Ripon! Off with weirdowetwipes head!!!

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2021, 07:09:24 PM »
Comrade wierdski

You’ve just highlighted the very obvious problem with your club .. balance you’re seeking is it young feller me lad … take that massive working class dripping cooked chip off your shoulder and you may obtain what you seek !

That’s a sneering load of horseplop . Hypocrisy of the highest order … you are guilty of the very prejudice which you seemingly think everyone else ( us posh Rugger types) is guilty of . Nobody at Ripon works hard, has any life/financial struggles etc etc… piffle …

Our game has a wonderful history of respect between players and officials on and off the field of play irrespective of background or wealth …respect for the person in charge has always been sacrosanct .

In our game a player from a council house in the R’S end of nowhere can enjoy a sociable pint and intelligent conversation post match with the son of royalty .. I know because that person was once me .
You do not speak on behalf of working class decent respectful people … if you do not like how rugby union is run and the people involved why bother with it ?

I assume you won’t be backing Boris ?

Yours in bewildered snootiness

Lord Toffeenose-Poshington Harswipe

Offline Weirdowetwipe

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2021, 07:37:53 PM »
Will be interesting to see if the men in straw hats who looked as bemused and confused as the Corinthians players did when play was abandoned speak the truth or whether they decide to be corrupt and bent after drinking beer in the bar and having 2 faced friendly banter after the match. Are they men who speak the truth or corrupt bent frauds? Time will tell.

Why bother with Rugby Union you ask? I'm sure Leeds Corinthians will tell you they have earned the right to be in this division and they don't want corruption in any way shape or form to put that into jeopardy. They will play fair and square, win lose or draw they will show up and give teams a game and put money behind your bar through respect.

Also I'm sure there are working class within Ripon, I was stereotyping the players in pin stripe suits and straw hats walking up the path like a scene out of the Wizard of Oz. Oh no stereotyping won't be allowed soon, and I will be accused of regionalism of Ripon, and before you know it we will be taking the knee for Ripon!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 09:12:21 PM by Weirdowetwipe »

Offline Murdock

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2021, 09:19:23 PM »
Must know me
bazinga

Offline Leroy Jenkins

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2021, 09:36:07 PM »
What a long winded way of saying we shouldn’t be abusive to referees anymore….

Offline Ribbflagman

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2021, 09:52:56 PM »
Never read so much lancashire in years. What has it got to do with the "straw hats"
What will matter is the contents of the referees report. Well done to Corinthians for rising as they have done. Maybe the likes of "wetwipe" has been left behind in the dark ages as the club has progressed on the pitch.
Get a life fella as the twisted one you currently exist in is obviously not working. Take the medicine to cure your illness.

Offline Weirdowetwipe

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2021, 10:11:37 PM »
Ribbflagman thanks for taking time to read my content in such detail, I'll send you a private invitation when I publish my book and send you on your way with a free signed straw hat?

Really can we rely solely on just the referees content? Would people believe me if I said I've been dry bummed by 3 fingered men wearing straw hats? No cause they wouldn't, they'd want an account from myself, the 3 fingered straw hat men and any witnesses along with CCTV footage for their own pleasure. They'd also want Murdock's useless account of events to add a bit of comedy value into the mix.

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2021, 10:33:52 PM »
I was actually checking if anyone from Ripon wore a straw hat on the day in question - probably stupid of me to get drawn into the class war/urban v rural debate.

Sad that WWW feels so bitter about the differences between players and officials in our great game that purports to be the great leveller. All I can say is that his disparaging comments about the Ripon players couldn’t be further from the truth. A subtle blend of students, agricultural workers, public servants and local tradesmen/businessmen makes for a well balanced and grounded team. The majority of players having developed through the age grade system shows a good pay back from investing time and effort in coaching and supporting their education. I guess the key difference is that the majority of Ripon kids go on to higher education and so don’t naturally embed themselves in the adult game there, or local businesses.

So sorry WWW, no silver spoons, no nepotism or other methods of “looking after” players, just hard work, good communication and commitment to maintaining the club’s playing strength and upholding the values of the game.

Not that I’m from around these parts and I think it takes around 30 years for strangers to become naturalised, I must get myself a straw hat.

Offline Weirdowetwipe

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2021, 10:51:14 PM »
Please don't tell me you set up a WhatsApps group titled 'who wore a straw hat when we went to the nutty slack?'

I believe it was Colonel Mustard, in the library with the lead piping!

Love it, wish you'd included me in the WhatsApp group, I'll pm you my mobile number so I can join in the game of cluedo! Always fancied a bit of miss Scarlett.

'A subtle blend' you almost sound like a fine Colombian coffee with a splash of the cows udders.

'Ripon kids go onto higher education' just because they read an algebra text book at the top of a f#cking ladder doesn't mean it's higher education.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 10:59:55 PM by Weirdowetwipe »