$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 4 Predictions / Banter

Week 4 Predictions / Banter

This is a discussion for the topic Week 4 Predictions / Banter on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Week 4 Predictions / Banter  (Read 11013 times)

Murdock

• A little respect please...
Reply #15 on: October 02, 2021, 08:06:55 PM
Finally a Corinthian comments
bazinga

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #16 on: October 02, 2021, 09:33:25 PM
Pikey
No one has really said much on this forum about the matter in hand . It’s obvious disciplinary will be taking its course if required dependant on the Referees report .
In the meantime …OUR referees should be made welcome, supported and never subjected to either abuse or intimidatory behaviour… ever . Anyone who disagrees should not be involved in our or any other sport . Yesterday RFL referees in parts of Yorkshire refused to officiate because of this very problem . We do not want that happening in our sport.
Perhaps … just perhaps you would be better served in addressing the issue politely and correctly via disciplinary and if required taking internal action at your club . For your information I have no connection to either clubs involved . This matter affects all of our clubs however . It should be confronted head on and dealt with forthwith . If there is no case to answer great . If there is, as alleged, then your club should take the lead and sort it . Transparency is the key and not petty name calling at another club . It’s the official not the opponents who is aggrieved by this incident remember ( two players yellow carded … for what ? You don’t say in your post )

Pikey

• Finding my feet
Reply #17 on: October 02, 2021, 09:55:25 PM
Totally agree with you regarding abuse towards the match official the club has all the the respect campaign posters up and in the past removed anyone found to be breaking the rules. The two lads were sin binned for supposedly talking to the ref which in no way on this earth could he of identified anyone talking to him when the both had backs to him and he was facing a other direction him self. I get its a hard job but if that game was still playing today leeds would still not of got a chance due to his poor display of refereeing which I might add has been recorded and can be seen. But the ls10 lads will not be given a chance at the disciplinary. Ripon lied because they don't want to come back and lose against a converted rugby league team like most teams.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #18 on: October 02, 2021, 10:30:14 PM
I find it sad that your main issue is with the fact that in your opinion the referee guessed which lads dissented and not the fact that some of your players clearly did not respect the referee or the values of the game.

He shouldn't have been put in the position to have to make a decision and certainly should not have been made to feel his only option was abandon the game.

You are right though, I imagine the book will be thrown at the club otherwise it sends a poor message about how the game respects referees.

I have noticed watching the Southern Hemisphere internationals how much appealing and arguing is creeping into the game. It is bound to rub off on the amateur levels unfortunately.

Pikey

• Finding my feet
Reply #19 on: October 02, 2021, 10:43:01 PM
This is it there was no abuse even said to ref thats why I saying what I have there was no carrying on what so ever. Both sets of players didn't even know the game had been called off after Ripon scored. No one had a clue what was going on he shouted in his word (I need a moment) then walked off the field both sets of players stood bemused. That's why after hearing what was put in the report the club was distraught. I even know that volunteers have walked away from the club because of the lies thats been put in the report. Knowing regardless to our appeals the club will be labelled to every ref next coming to ls10.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #20 on: October 02, 2021, 11:18:51 PM
I can't see the ref would have made it up, he'd have no reason to.

Pikey

• Finding my feet
Reply #21 on: October 03, 2021, 07:38:46 AM
So there you have it already your agreeing with the referee. Haha they are untouchable even with evidence to show what went on. Its the hardest job in the sport and for me I didn't think he was capable of taking charge of a game with two physical teams playing hard he lost control. From a Ripon
player shoulder charging in the first half to a collapsed scrum in the second it was if he hated the fact ls10 boys were holding there own. If Ripon were hammering leeds I get that players shouting and carrying on but in all honesty they wasn't worried at all about them. If you had been there or seen the dvd you wold understand the clubs frustration. The rfu are going to back the ref because of the shortage of match officials in the game. I truly think he had a meltdown and wasn't mentally right and hope he's looked after by the rfu and is given some time before he refs again

Murdock

Reply #22 on: October 03, 2021, 07:40:41 AM
No abuse then comes on and slags the ref off you can’t make this up
bazinga

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #23 on: October 03, 2021, 08:34:14 AM
Pikey

In our sport the referee is always correct .
I follow both pro RL and regularly watch the amateur game … this sounds a lot like activity I witness at the amateur level in that sport . You’re comments I’m afraid are neither wise or helpful to your own club .. as for the players facing away from the ref … he doesn’t hear with his eyes does he ?

As for volunteers … the referees are volunteers .. they are one of our games most valuable assets .. they train in their own time , they travel the length and breadth of the county to provide the means by which our game can take place … they do know more about the laws than virtually anyone spectating or playing each week … right or wrong they don’t need abuse … questioning this refs mental well being  says more about you than it does him to be honest .

Pikey

• Finding my feet
Reply #24 on: October 03, 2021, 11:36:33 AM
Thats just what I was expecting if im honest. Im in full support of referees not been abused totally also that the letter of the law is what they say and I can honestly say the ref was in the wrong this time having played at good level over the years myself it was the worst reffing I've seen. To answer your question regarding listening with your eyes if there's 6/7 lads together not facing you but something is said how can he identify the two lads he pulled out.... If he did hear any abuse but couldn't see who it was the captain should be told the whole team is on a warning and any thing else remotely happens he that player is off. This would of let the game be played on. But as I've said and will keep saying there was no abuse said to the referee and I can say this as I was there at the game next to the players sin binned. Unlike other people who have judged us straight away.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #25 on: October 03, 2021, 11:46:16 AM
Pikey …

The level you played at is irrelevant . Your club needs to be more open to critique and address the problem much better than how you are commenting on here .  You sound like a naughty kid denying all knowledge . From what we all hear, and we weren’t there, the adverse commentary had been ongoing during the game . Get a grip and put it to bed which you won’t with the current attitude displayed . No further comment .

Ribbflagman

Reply #26 on: October 03, 2021, 12:03:43 PM
I agree with Alfred.  There is no way any reference would abandon a game in that manner without good cause.  He must have felt very intimated to take that course of action and imho needs all our support.
That's not to say that Corinthians as a club should be vilified prior to any investigation, BUT, if it is found that the ref felt so intimidated that he had no other option then he needs our games support.

Pikey

• Finding my feet
Reply #27 on: October 03, 2021, 12:39:35 PM
Pikey

In our sport the referee is always correct .
I follow both pro RL and regularly watch the amateur game … this sounds a lot like activity I witness at the amateur level in that sport . You’re comments I’m afraid are neither wise or helpful to your own club .. as for the players facing away from the ref … he doesn’t hear with his eyes does he ?

As for volunteers … the referees are volunteers .. they are one of our games most valuable assets .. they train in their own time , they travel the length and breadth of the county to provide the means by which our game can take place … they do know more about the laws than virtually anyone spectating or playing each week … right or wrong they don’t need abuse … questioning this refs mental well being  says more about you than it does him to be honest .

Murdock

Reply #28 on: October 03, 2021, 12:52:14 PM
Is this guy a parody?
bazinga

avinastella

Reply #29 on: October 03, 2021, 02:16:42 PM
This is it there was no abuse even said to ref thats why I saying what I have there was no carrying on what so ever. Both sets of players didn't even know the game had been called off after Ripon scored. No one had a clue what was going on he shouted in his word (I need a moment) then walked off the field both sets of players stood bemused. That's why after hearing what was put in the report the club was distraught. I even know that volunteers have walked away from the club because of the lies thats been put in the report. Knowing regardless to our appeals the club will be labelled to every ref next coming to ls10.
Chap,
You need to learn the first rule of holes - when you're in one, stop digging.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.