$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 2nd Oct

Results 2nd Oct

This is a discussion for the topic Results 2nd Oct on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Results 2nd Oct  (Read 2835 times)

omigidiant

• Legend
on: October 02, 2021, 05:15:03 PM
Bradford & Bingley 18 -26 Durham City   
Cleckheaton 16- 30 Old Brodleians   
Driffield  46 - 0 Morpeth   
Heath 36 - 3 Consett   
Morley 25 - 14 Malton and Norton   
Pocklington 20 - 8 Scarborough
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 05:25:00 PM
In very bad conditions I witnessed one of the best forward displays by Driffield for many a season. Although Morpeth were taller and heavier, Drif won the scrummage and lineout, but most importantly tackled in the open fiercely and stopped Morpeth getting over the gain line. The backs also looked sharper than M, and also snuffed out any attacks. To score this number of tries in the constant rain was outstanding. It showed that size is not always the winner!

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 10:20:52 PM
A good all round performance today from Brods who seem to be settling in nicely to this level of rugby. Having gained a 2 try to 1 lead at half time they looked comfortable against a Cleck side who were struggling to repeat their early season promise. As the second half progressed Brods became more and more dominant controlling much of the game, dominating the line outs and defending well. They were helped by a number errors by Cleck at crucial times as they tried to come back into the game and they will be disappointed with their performance. Brods seemed to handle the extremely wet conditions well but to be fair both sides produced good handling under the circumstances. On this performance Brods will be confident that they have nothing to fear in this league whilst Cleck will need to regroup and get their house back in order as they are better than they showed today.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 10:23:16 PM by omigidiant »
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 07:36:54 AM
I'm going to go through the highlights of yesterday's match at Pocklington...... The match kicked off.......

Had a nice cup of tea.

I noticed that one of the pantiles on the clubhouse looked liked it might have slipped (in the pouring rain that could have caused a problem).

The cars on the street behind the dugouts drive very fast for a residential area. Perhaps a note to the local authority is in order.

Half-time

I discovered the optimal way to hold an umbrella to maximum effect in horizontal rain.

There was some great entertainment in the second half.....watching the chap from Pock using great ingenuity and enterprise to extract balls from the large hedge next to the fast flowing road. It's amazing what you can do with an inverted corner flag.

I wonder which way I'll go home...?

Full time.

All the players battled hard in atrocious conditions for 80 minutes. Not a good game.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 08:26:33 AM
BrrrB

Wish you’d invited me along … that sounds marvellous my kind of afternoon … did some gormless fat chaps keep picking up the ball and falling into each other before giving it to the big heads at 10 to kick for ‘field  position’fully utilising the conditions ( rfuegocoaching edict 7) ?

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 02:39:10 PM
If only...!!

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 04:42:10 PM
In very bad conditions I witnessed one of the best forward displays by Driffield for many a season. Although Morpeth were taller and heavier, Drif won the scrummage and lineout, but most importantly tackled in the open fiercely and stopped Morpeth getting over the gain line. The backs also looked sharper than M, and also snuffed out any attacks. To score this number of tries in the constant rain was outstanding. It showed that size is not always the winner!

Whilst full credit should be given to Driff, the reporter must have been peering through blinding rain as Morpeth were missing 4 of their back 5, including both 2nd rows, and whilst the front row definitely added ballast, the tallest Morpeth forward on show yesterday would be 6 foot in his studs!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 05:15:02 PM
What happened to MBH v Ilkely yesterday?

Pristine Shorts

Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 07:39:35 AM
Put back a week at the request of Moortown. Apparently, their Captain was getting married….
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 08:19:50 AM by Pristine Shorts »