$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorks One page on this forum

Author Topic: Yorks One page on this forum  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Stevo

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Yorks One page on this forum
« on: October 13, 2021, 09:52:09 AM »
Are we going to get any banter going on this section of the forum or do we all take ourselves far too seriously????

Offline Oldandslow

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
Re: Yorks One page on this forum
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 04:05:09 PM »
I for one have not seen any Yorkshire 1 since week 1 due to family commitments & holidays. Will be fully back in circulation from the 23 October and plan to see plenty of Y1 & I’ve never been accused of being serious.

My impressions from contacts are lots of sides with small first team squads and the performance of clubs varies with squad availability. That’s not helped by no relegation this season but some potential promotions to the new level 6 leagues.

Offline Stevo

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 04:52:24 PM »
All that doesn't stop the banter though! We don't even get the results on here every week.
I can't get Dinningtons on as quick as I used to due to work commitments now.

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 08:56:44 PM »
You might not get much from Hegians or Rish, so don’t set your hopes too high. Y2 similar situation for different reasons I guess.

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 11:07:28 PM »
Are we going to get any banter going on this section of the forum or do we all take ourselves far too seriously????

Start a predictions league. Worked in the Y3 forum. Started slowly but it gets people engaging. That and a dedicated results thread. If someone posts once then engage them to encourage further posting. Also spread the word when you can, I’ve spoken to players from other teams who have no clue these forums exist.

Online avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 11:44:43 PM »

Start a predictions league. Worked in the Y3 forum. Started slowly but it gets people engaging. That and a dedicated results thread. If someone posts once then engage them to encourage further posting. Also spread the word when you can, I’ve spoken to players from other teams who have no clue these forums exist.
we had one but most of the participants moved up a league. Numbers were dwindling, only so much interest you can give it.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 11:59:13 PM »

we had one but most of the participants moved up a league. Numbers were dwindling, only so much interest you can give it.

That’s fair enough. The feedback I was getting was that a lot of people were reading the forum but not commenting. It’s about giving people a reason to post in the first place, I appreciate it’s difficult though. Just my suggestions based on what has worked on the Y3 forum.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 08:45:23 PM »
Gaters

Yorks 3 is alive because Knottla is in it …since the pit shut, power stations were blown up and the maggot farm shut they’re all unemployed and have nowt else to do but practice there unLiteracy and tech skills .. apart from Beachers the oafish violent lout obvs..

Nowt interesting has happened yet in Yorkshire 1 … old un drummed up support for Brid last Saturday but then failed to report the result when they got flattened by the Ponty front row . Selby are busy arguing price of carrots, Crossleyans still don’t own an actual pitch ( another bunch of cheating gits from Calderdale like hipperholme Alpnachstad) Goole appear to have forgotten what a rugby ball is, Dinno … where the hell is it ? I get lost every time I go, West Leeds and Leo’s another trip on the ring road to nowhere losing the will to live …YMCA it’s no fun , Beverley … nice church, Smoggies… Follow the red brick road to easily the ugliest town in Yorkshire, Roundhegians … ? It’s not even a place … ponty … those four boorish old bar flies at back of stand bellowing balls of tedious phlegm … it’s a grey soup of seething apathy !

Yorkshire three has spitting, football style fainting, fighting from wingers with fancy hair and footwork ,  informed commentary from Bez regarding the technical brilliance of the fat gormless bloke leaning against him in the scrum…pomfretian failing his eleven plus .. again

Things will get better … even the Bandit has sunk to the level of asking how many bogs Ilkey have and complaints about traffic outside Pocks ground …

I’m sure Chiefy at Selby will soon have us enthralled with his laser insight to coaching . 👍

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:47:14 PM by Alf Hart »

Offline ponte animal

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 12:17:28 AM »
Seen a couple of Ponte games this season, some big units in their pack, and as my wife often says, size is important. Some good looking fixtures this weekend, Bev v Selby and Midd v Ponte the pick for me. Good luck Goole, you may need it if the game I saw them play is anything to go by. Interesting to see if anyone from mid table makes a move. Good to see Knottla going well.

Offline Oldandslow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 06:53:00 AM »
Ponte Animal

Midd v Ponte the game of the week on paper, I watched Ponte @ Selby & I’ve been been surprised by their results since.
YMCA v Bridlington will be an interesting game, two teams who were targeting top of the table when the season started, think they both have to start winning regularly or accept mid table.
Beverley v Selby will be interesting, I had expected Beverley, Crocs & Midd to be the front runners think Beverley have to win on Saturday to have any realistic prospects of climbing the table.
Overall think there are lots of average sides in Yorkshire 1.

Offline Divide

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2021, 09:59:27 AM »
Ponte Animal

Midd v Ponte the game of the week on paper, I watched Ponte @ Selby & I’ve been been surprised by their results since.
YMCA v Bridlington will be an interesting game, two teams who were targeting top of the table when the season started, think they both have to start winning regularly or accept mid table.
Beverley v Selby will be interesting, I had expected Beverley, Crocs & Midd to be the front runners think Beverley have to win on Saturday to have any realistic prospects of climbing the table.

It's strange that you state there are lots of average sides within Yorkshire 1.... just after stating you have only watched the first game of the season of Selby v Ponte.
It's a long season, a few upsets will come along. Especially when the mid table sides have their visas approved for their imports.

Offline Oldandslow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 12:05:34 PM »
Ponte Animal

It's strange that you state there are lots of average sides within Yorkshire 1.... just after stating you have only watched the first game of the season of Selby v Ponte.
It's a long season, a few upsets will come along. Especially when the mid table sides have their visas approved for their imports.

Been to quite a few clubs while catching up with family, but only seen Ponte once first game of the season.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 12:08:12 PM by Oldandslow »

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 09:07:46 PM »
Ponte Animal

Accurate Divi

I’ve not heard a Southern hemisphere whine yet this season … don’t know why anyone bothers with them to be honest …keep with your own lads . ( unless your a chairman with a large ego and tidgytodger ) 

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 06:06:28 PM »
Brid have imported a full kiwi front row.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline ponte animal

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 06:51:11 PM »
What quality remains to be seen. Apparently one played v Ponte last week but was just a young kid. Well built lad but had to swap sides after 2 scrums as coming second best but ran the ball in nicely. Only second hand info mind. With so many clubs local in the league above, Brid need to be up there to stop losing players and start attracting them. Despite a good win on saturday they need something good to get in top 4 this time.