$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Latest scores

Latest scores

This is a discussion for the topic Latest scores on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Latest scores  (Read 3542 times)

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
on: October 16, 2021, 04:00:46 PM
HT. Ilkley 27.3 Driffield

Pristine Shorts

Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 04:50:32 PM
FT. Ilkley 37.3 Driffield.

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 05:00:45 PM
Cleckheaton 37 -  25  Moortown   
Consett  52  - 36  Bradford & Bingley   
Durham City 18 - 26 Morley   
Ilkley 37 - 3 Driffield   
Malton and Norton 37 - 5 Pocklington   
Morpeth  6 -  13  Heath   
Old Brodleians  54 - 10 Scarborough
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 08:34:46 PM
Driffield well beaten by a very good Ilkley side. Cannot understand how they were beaten last week if they played like they did today! Did not allow Driff to breach the gain line, although Drif had plenty of ball. Ilkley used their ball constructively and put some excellent moves together, outflanking Driff's defence. Drif  had a good first 5 mins and a good last 5, but not much in between! They did try to play rugby, but Ilkley snuffed out any scoring chances. The score rather flattered Drif, and if Ilkey's goalkicker had been more accurate, it would have been worse.

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 08:41:09 PM
Todays results show just how even this league is with now just 6 points between the top 7 teams and every team capable of beating any other on the day.
Glad to see Cleck bounce back after a below par result against Brods in their last game, with Town looking like last weeks win took a lot out of them. I’ll be interested to hear from those who watched it.
Nice to see Consett finally getting winning points but oh dear things don’t look good down Wagon Lane, anybody any idea what’s gone wrong there?
Good win for Morley but they are only looking mid-table at the moment and unfortunately I can’t see Durham moving out of the bottom 4 as it stands at the moment.
Malton were convincing winners in their local derby with Pock who I feel have been a bit disappointing so far. I think Malton will be in the mix as the season progresses.
Morpeth seem to try really hard but just don’t seem to turn it into positive results. Heath are looking a hard team to beat, being able to grind out a win under most conditions and they are a team to fear both home and away.
I watched Brods today who had a very comfortable win over a Scabs team that I have to say was a little disappointing and who apart from 10 minutes after half time won’t be happy with their performance. Brods like neighbours Heath are looking like one of the teams to beat in this league.
Ilkley are looking the early season champions based on the results so far and it will be a brave man who would bet against them. Although apparently well beaten today Driffield aren’t out of it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 09:07:42 PM by omigidiant »
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Streakofpiss

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 09:09:35 PM
Ilkley were simply not given the chance to play last week and got outdone upfront. Still their backs were best I've seen and my tip to go up if they get a few recruits in the forwards.
Driffield well beaten by a very good Ilkley side. Cannot understand how they were beaten last week if they played like they did today! Did not allow Driff to breach the gain line, although Drif had plenty of ball. Ilkley used their ball constructively and put some excellent moves together, outflanking Driff's defence. Drif  had a good first 5 mins and a good last 5, but not much in between! They did try to play rugby, but Ilkley snuffed out any scoring chances. The score rather flattered Drif, and if Ilkey's goalkicker had been more accurate, it would have been worse.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 09:28:13 PM by Streakofpiss »

Streakofpiss

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 09:16:18 PM
Physical game at cleck today, town 17-0 down after 20 came back to 17 All with 15 ro go and really had cleck rattled but didn't capitalise on this. 

Game could have gone either way.  Game was closer than the 12 point difference.  Cleck 10 was the difference with his kicking and that's  been the case everytime we've played them and I'm.sure it's the same for a lot of teams.

No excuses from town the 1st 20 let us down.  Other results keep us close to the top and we go again next week against brods.

Shows how the standard has increased in the league this season

Thanks to cleck heard their pre march hospitality was exceptional

Cleckheaton 37 -  25  Moortown   
Consett  52  - 36  Bradford & Bingley   
Durham City 18 - 26 Morley   
Ilkley 37 - 3 Driffield   
Malton and Norton 37 - 5 Pocklington   
Morpeth  6 -  13  Heath   
Old Brodleians  54 - 10 Scarborough
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 09:27:51 PM by Streakofpiss »

White_Witch

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 10:41:36 PM
Do recent results support that perhaps Yorkshire one is a tougher league than north east one? From looking at the results from this season it does appear that there are a lot of cannon fodder teams in the league this year.

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 11:02:02 PM
Do recent results support that perhaps Yorkshire one is a tougher league than north east one? From looking at the results from this season it does appear that there are a lot of cannon fodder teams in the league this year.

That's a difficult one to assess Witch. It might be fair to say that Y1 is a tougher league for the teams in it but that doesn't necessarily mean that those teams would fair well in NE1. I would suggest that outside of Crocs and Borough the best of the rest would struggle to stay out of the bottom 4. Without seeing all the teams concerned it's a difficult call to make but generally speaking teams are in NE1 because they are better than the teams in Y1. There will always be the up and coming exceptions in Y1 and the teams on a downer in NE1 but I would say the step up is a reasonably big one. I may be wrong.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 11:07:37 PM by omigidiant »

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 08:30:12 AM
Dizzy aunt

Not sure you’re on track there .. boro beat ponty yesterday 33-25 and ponty were down to 12 apparently for last ten minutes of game . Selby if they get their act together have potential, crocs and ponty yet to meet , Leo’s look pretty good, Brid havnt  got their imports , ym rebuilding, all the others are very decent teams .. Goole perhaps struggling at moment ..it’s a very tough league no question .climbing the hill is always a challenge but surely that’s simply recruitment and organisational . Of course a cunning club could cheat by constructing ski runs instead of a pitch .

Oldandslow

Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 11:19:14 AM
Alf Hart

Don’t think Leos are a good side, only got one win maybe you witnessed their one win. When I watched them couple of good players and as a side never gave up trying but struggling at the moment.

Agree if Selby could add consistency they would be a force in Y1.

I’ve been surprised by Beverley this season I had expected them to be up at the top of the league. I expect Brid will surge up the table once they have a full squad where they might come from.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 01:49:28 PM
Slowers

Sorry old boy I was joking about Leo’s ..

There’s a difference between the leagues for good reason .. anyone going up would have to recruit to compete …

Ilkley are my top tip .. really good team, great place and town … fantastic bogs .

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 07:02:41 PM
Close game yesterday Between Heath and Morpeth. Morpeth are very powerful up front, something the Heath forwards struggled to deal with. Morpeth were awarded 2 penalties from the scrum, demonstrating their dominance. Heath managed to grind out a win and secure 4 pints on the road.