$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 16.10.21

Results 16.10.21

This is a discussion for the topic Results 16.10.21 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results 16.10.21  (Read 4388 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: October 16, 2021, 06:17:43 PM
Barnsley 62 - 7 Ossett
Bramley Phoenix 29 - 10 Halifax Vandals
Burley 24 - 22 Castleford
Harrogate Pythons HWO (59-0) Old Otliensians
Knottingley P - P Wibsey
Skipton 23 - 15 Sheffield Medicals
West Park Leeds 90 - 7 Hemsworth

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 06:41:32 PM
Soft Wibsey c****.

In other news great to see Hemsworth and Cas lose.

Hemsworth would of got a better points difference giving the game.  O0

Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 07:23:49 PM
If I’m not mistaken, casting my mind back to last season before COVID halted everything, didnt Wibsey refuse to travel to Knottingley on that occasion also? Something suspect going on there? Possibly heard of Knottingleys rough reputation and thought it wasn’t for them? Hopefully somebody from the club can clear this up

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 07:57:09 PM
So Otliensians still travelled away to Harrogate to get the game on knowing they'd already given the result up and got hammered, yet Wibsey are sat at home having a cuppa knowing they've managed to milk the 'covid card' system without any repercussions. Where's the incentive to be honest and give the walk over or fulfil the fixture? Something needs to change in my opinion.

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 10:28:08 PM
I’m hoping Wibsey have a genuine Covid case and aren’t just using it as an excuse not to play, though the game will be rearranged rather than forfeited I believe. As for Otliensians today, credit to all of them. They travelled with 15 knowing they had already forfeited due to a lack of front row and with a couple of old boys making up the numbers. They stuck it out until the very end and never gave up, they have some good players and with a few extra players they’d be competitive again. Game was played in good spirit with a few of our lads helping them out when they lost a couple to injury. Hopefully they get back on their feet soon, good set of lads.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 09:55:24 AM
Decent game against Ossett yesterday at shaw lane. Score probably didn’t reflect the game as in the first half Ossett had us under periods of pressure. Think our fitness told in 2nd half as Ossett had some big lads, who carried hard in the first half. Will cause some problems for many I’m sure.
Well done to OO for turning up at Harrogate and making a game of it.

supporter007

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 02:31:47 PM
Earlier in the season it was Wisbey that used the covid card against Skipton, only letting them know a few hours before kick off! Poor show all round

abcxyz

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 08:06:39 PM
Supporter007 - Too be fair to Wibsey (and I am not connected to the Club but looking at the facts we have in front of us), my view is that, they did not play the "COVID card" against Skipton, they genuinely had some last minute cry-off's and could not raise a team. The game has gone down as a Home walk-over and Skipton got the points. Also, if you look at Wibsey's fixtures to date - They have only fulfilled 1 away game which was Burley, less then 10 miles away. It looks like the Club are actually struggling which is a shame and not a "poor show all round" !!

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 07:38:31 AM
Good post abcwyz, most clubs are struggling to get players to commit to playing let alone training.

Its good to hear the folk on their high chairs on the forum bemoan other clubs due to them being able to. People just have better things to do now than commit to taking a day out to play rugby. In this present climate folk are having to do more hours and shifts just to stay afloat. Work commitments do unfortunately have to take precedence now.

This isn't a club issue for me its a society issue and the RFU are well aware of the troubles ahead. Castleford before Covid were looking at putting out four teams, shirt sponsors were in place to provide the fourth kit. In today`s climate we await the phone calls on the Friday wandering if we have enough players for one team on the Saturday.

I think we all would hope the Covid card isn't been used by any club. I would much prefer honesty and then everyone would have an understanding and try and help where and if we could.

We must look beyond our own game being canceled, there will be a lot more to it, too many people work tirelessly behind the scenes for the love of the game and their respective clubs. The last thing they want to see is their club in this situation.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 02:13:23 PM
From my point of view we would never bemoan any club struggling to raise a side and conceding the game, we've nearly been there a few times our self. Especially now Covid seems to have made it even worse for playing numbers, as you say Pomfresian people are doing other things and rugby doesn't seem to be a priority as much. Wibsey and probably many other teams in the league are likely struggling from week to week not knowing if they're going to have 7 or 17 available, I know we have been.

What I do take issue with is instead of conceding the game using the Covid card so to speak, although it's a tricky one and based on honesty, the incentives to use it far outweigh admitting you can't fulfil a fixture and potentially losing points so I see why teams may be doing it. In no way can anyone 100% say whether it is being used incorrectly as you just don't know, though both our cancelled games were cancelled on the Friday due to covid which just makes me think it's a little coincidental. Either way I just hope we can get through the season with as many games played as possible and see some good rugby in between!

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 04:37:31 PM
From my point of view we would never bemoan any club struggling to raise a side and conceding the game, we've nearly been there a few times our self. Especially now Covid seems to have made it even worse for playing numbers, as you say Pomfresian people are doing other things and rugby doesn't seem to be a priority as much. Wibsey and probably many other teams in the league are likely struggling from week to week not knowing if they're going to have 7 or 17 available, I know we have been.

What I do take issue with is instead of conceding the game using the Covid card so to speak, although it's a tricky one and based on honesty, the incentives to use it far outweigh admitting you can't fulfil a fixture and potentially losing points so I see why teams may be doing it. In no way can anyone 100% say whether it is being used incorrectly as you just don't know, though both our cancelled games were cancelled on the Friday due to covid which just makes me think it's a little coincidental. Either way I just hope we can get through the season with as many games played as possible and see some good rugby in between!
Whether anyone from the various levels of authority choose to seek verification of any covid postponements is anyones guess.
However, if that card is played there are strict (?) procedures to comply with. This includes the reporting of the positive pcr test result, as issued by PHE. This of course is traceable. There is also the requirement for 4 signatures on the form.
Feedback from someone at CB level suggests checks are unlikely but who would want to be the ones caught out gaming the system after all the support clubs have received?
With regards to Location of Wibsey, Bradford has just dropped back from its highest ever infection level and the covid wards are full again so this virus is with us for some time yet.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 07:31:40 PM by avinastella »
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 07:28:56 PM
Good post abcwyz, most clubs are struggling to get players to commit to playing let alone training.

Its good to hear the folk on their high chairs on the forum bemoan other clubs due to them being able to. People just have better things to do now than commit to taking a day out to play rugby. In this present climate folk are having to do more hours and shifts just to stay afloat. Work commitments do unfortunately have to take precedence now.

This isn't a club issue for me its a society issue and the RFU are well aware of the troubles ahead. Castleford before Covid were looking at putting out four teams, shirt sponsors were in place to provide the fourth kit. In today`s climate we await the phone calls on the Friday wandering if we have enough players for one team on the Saturday.

I think we all would hope the Covid card isn't been used by any club. I would much prefer honesty and then everyone would have an understanding and try and help where and if we could.

We must look beyond our own game being canceled, there will be a lot more to it, too many people work tirelessly behind the scenes for the love of the game and their respective clubs. The last thing they want to see is their club in this situation.

Very accurate and honest pommers

I fear fir our game to be honest . Everyone is having issues even the clubs higher up the leagues .. it is societal unfortunately with no solution !

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 09:48:20 AM

Whether anyone from the various levels of authority choose to seek verification of any covid postponements is anyones guess.
However, if that card is played there are strict (?) procedures to comply with. This includes the reporting of the positive pcr test result, as issued by PHE. This of course is traceable. There is also the requirement for 4 signatures on the form.
Feedback from someone at CB level suggests checks are unlikely but who would want to be the ones caught out gaming the system after all the support clubs have received?
With regards to Location of Wibsey, Bradford has just dropped back from its highest ever infection level and the covid wards are full again so this virus is with us for some time yet.

Thanks for that Stella, good to know there is some kind of system in place for it to create some traceability, however I'd be interested to know as you say if these checks even get done when a covid test is reported and who are the checkers? Is it a league official or is it down to the clubs to follow this up? Anyway enough about covid it's a new week, till this issue crops up again!

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 10:06:50 AM
All covered by Regulation 22, introduced specifically for Covid.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 10:08:22 AM by avinastella »
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 07:52:26 PM
There isn’t any legal way YRFU the RFU or anyone FE  can verify the claims . It’s subject to patient confidentiality and data protected .. bite the biscuit and move on to next weeks game . I’d take it as a compliment Beachers … obviously A game at swamp lane is not to everyone’s taste it would appear .