$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Next season and beyond

Author Topic: Next season and beyond  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Stevo

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Next season and beyond
« on: October 18, 2021, 11:51:24 AM »
Can anyone help with the statement that was made on Saturday at Old rishworthians rugby club, 1 there will be no relegation from Yorkshire 1this season 2 4 teams will be promoted leaving 12 teams in Yorkshire 1. At the meetings we have attended we were assured this would not happen. Seems the meetings were a waste of time as it had already been decided at HQ, allegedly because it was working down south with 12 teams and a cup competition. With 14 teams we are guaranteed revenue which we all need like never before, the idea of the cup games are to help stop the increasing numbers of walk over games and keep the games more local. So are level 8 or 9 going to turn up to level 6 or 7 to get well beaten. The Yorkshire shield once the most prestigious trophy in the North can now be won by playing 3 games. If we're to have Cup competitions they must be run as strictly as the leagues, not when it suits to turn your best team out. Hope someone will reply from the RFU but won't hold me breath. Some clubs may welcome 12 team leagues your thoughts please 🏉👍

Offline davie

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Next season and beyond
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 11:56:11 AM »
Yes that’s all correct. It was all done and dusted and announced during the summer but it’s amazing how many players/members/supporters seem unaware. 12 team leagues but more of them so no relegation and more teams being promoted.

Offline avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 11:59:57 AM »
Can anyone help with the statement that was made on Saturday at Old rishworthians rugby club, 1 there will be no relegation from Yorkshire 1this season 2 4 teams will be promoted leaving 12 teams in Yorkshire 1. At the meetings we have attended we were assured this would not happen. Seems the meetings were a waste of time as it had already been decided at HQ, allegedly because it was working down south with 12 teams and a cup competition. With 14 teams we are guaranteed revenue which we all need like never before, the idea of the cup games are to help stop the increasing numbers of walk over games and keep the games more local. So are level 8 or 9 going to turn up to level 6 or 7 to get well beaten. The Yorkshire shield once the most prestigious trophy in the North can now be won by playing 3 games. If we're to have Cup competitions they must be run as strictly as the leagues, not when it suits to turn your best team out. Hope someone will reply from the RFU but won't hold me breath. Some clubs may welcome 12 team leagues your thoughts please 🏉👍
Did you discuss this with 'Fredsbar' on Saturday??
I ask because he is as well placed as anyone on the finer points of the subject.
With regard to those meetings, it was clear from the off that the RFU had already decided. A classic case of when we want your opinion, we'll give it to you.
As for their insistence on 'meaningful cup competitions'. That is for the birds. You don't have to dig too deep into the figures to see that nationally, clubs have, in the main, given up on cups.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Pristine Shorts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 12:21:09 PM »
From a N1E perspective, we started the season in the belief that we had to be in the top four to stand still. This would suggest that the other ten sides would not be relegated as such, but would become presumably N2E.

I presume then, that a lot of Clubs currently in Y1 would find themselves in Y2.

Happy to be corrected if this is wrong.

Offline Oldandslow

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 02:36:26 PM »
From a N1E perspective, we started the season in the belief that we had to be in the top four to stand still. This would suggest that the other ten sides would not be relegated as such, but would become presumably N2E.

I presume then, that a lot of Clubs currently in Y1 would find themselves in Y2.

Happy to be corrected if this is wrong.

Pristine my understanding as explained to me by a member of the Cheshire RFU is:

Currently at level 6 in the north there are two leagues of 14, 28 teams at level 6. From next season there will be three 12 team leagues at level 6 so 36 Teams. Also level 5 nationally increases from 4 leagues to 6 so increasing the teams at level 5.

The clubs in Cheshire  believe that they will loose the sides from Cumbria so reducing their travelling and that their Level 6 league will be a Lancashire/Cheshire league. If the Cheshire view is correct then I assume clubs from Yorkshire, Cumbria, Durham will Northumberland will share the other two 12 Team level 6 leagues.

My understanding my be wrong and the answer is for RFU North to publish the details.

Offline Pristine Shorts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 03:14:16 PM »
Thanks for the, er, explanation ! So, three level 6 teams suggests an inbalance, as currently, as you say, there’s a N1W and a N1E…. So maybe adding a N1 Central ?

I think I’ll just stick to aiming at a top-four finish and see what happens !

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 05:30:21 PM »
These attachments may help clarify the situation.
All based on the gouda the RFU put forward from those meetings they went round but ignored.
Don't get too hung up about certain teams being in a league when not currently in it, they had to fill the numbers out so made assumptions.
Quite how they think reduced travelling will be achieved is beyond me.
And as for the so called meaningful cup competitions.....
I'm not able to attach that spreadsheet but it looks like someone has wasted an awful lot of time putting it together.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 11:55:08 AM by avinastella »

Offline Pristine Shorts

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 06:30:24 PM »
Thanks for that, Stella. I note that our “more localised travel”  would mean going to Alnwick and Derby !

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 06:59:33 PM »
Thanks for that, Stella. I note that our “more localised travel”  would mean going to Alnwick and Derby !
Indeed, and don't forget the delights of potentially Market Razen and Louth. Right on the doorstep - said no one ever.

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 07:05:53 PM »
Not sure if this works, but here's the link to the cup spreadsheet.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8ntugwnrgrbsi9/11.3%20FCS%20Various%20Cup%20models.xlsx?dl=0

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 07:52:14 PM »
Can anyone confirm what that means for promotion or relegation in Y2, 3 & 4. Y3 obviously most important to me but be interested to know how it’s affecting everyone as a few people I’ve spoken to have all said different things.

Offline Speccy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 08:30:18 AM »
Assuming Middlesbrough return to the Durham leagues but do not finish in the top two, that would leave Yorks 1 with 11 clubs. So I assume the winners of this seasons Yorks 2, will be promoted?

Offline ponte animal

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 09:56:07 AM »
According to the spreadsheets, Y1, 4 promoted no relegation. Y2, 2 promoted no relegation. Y3, no promotion 2 relegated. Y4, no promotion or relegation with teams split into 4A and 4B. Clear as mud. Stand to be corrected.

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 12:57:12 PM »
According to the spreadsheets, Y1, 4 promoted no relegation. Y2, 2 promoted no relegation. Y3, no promotion 2 relegated. Y4, no promotion or relegation with teams split into 4A and 4B. Clear as mud. Stand to be corrected.

Be useful if this could be confirmed and all the clubs informed. I’d heard there may not be relegation but to have no promotion either makes the season a bit pointless.

Offline ponte animal

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 02:03:09 PM »
Yes, dire communication, wherever you go, no one seems to know whats happening.