$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; League restructure / promotion

League restructure / promotion

This is a discussion for the topic League restructure / promotion on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: League restructure / promotion  (Read 1770 times)

BenFairclough

on: October 20, 2021, 07:07:40 PM
Hearing so many different things about promotion / league restructure for next season.

Is anyone actually in the know of what’s happening?

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 11:32:10 PM
From my understanding not even people who should know seem to be 100% sure about what will really happen. There doesn't seem to be anything written down that the man in the street can access. Chinese whispers seem to be the only form of information around and the last thing I heard was that NE1 as level 6 will have one team promoted and nobody relegated at the end of the season. Then level 6 teams will be placed in local regional leagues of 12 to reduce travelling times/distance without giving any information about how many of these leagues there will be and what constitutes local regional (will the clubs in the west of the county end up playing teams in Lancashire?). As the whole thing doesn't seem popular with many of the Yorkshire clubs I expect it will be another RFU mishmash balls-up. Hopefully somebody here might have the definitive answer to it all, I'd certainly like to know.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 06:37:55 AM
I've been wondering (and asking) the same thing.

Agree that nobody really seems to know. I've had 3 different versions from 3 different clubs and the above is a 4th!

However the common thread of agreement would.appear to be no relegation and a number of clubs (I've heard 1,2,3,4 and 5 mentioned?!?) going up and the rest staying at level 6.

And yes some sort of regional carve up then happens. Each draft version of this so far has been produced by someone with zero understanding of geography, locations or distances.....let alone county boundaries.

But don't fear, the student placement working alongside the McKinsey consultant at Twickenham are by far the best placed and most informed people to decide what happens in North East rugby.

We really should be grateful that they are willing to give some time to put us right and send us on the right path.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 08:12:39 AM
https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/future-competition-structure

Have all clubs seen the latest from the RFU posted two weeks ago?

Three points for me

1. A cup competition after the league season won't happen.

2. Still nothing about how any promotions will be decided.

3. Levels 4-6 to be determined on a regional basis (RFU North) & Level 7 downwards by Yorkshire. Given the very different opinions
across the different counties that make up RFU North about the split of clubs across level 6 leagues think Yorkshire might find its self out voted and have a structure imposed on them.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 08:20:35 AM by Oldandslow »

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 05:34:10 PM
[quote https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/future-competition-structure
Have all clubs seen the latest from the RFU posted two weeks ago? [/quote]

I have just read the above which is as clear as mud. Obviously concocted by people in Ivory Towers who have little or no knowledge about what goes on in the Shires. They appear to be frightened that some regions might decide to break away, as Lancashire did a few years ago, in order to cut down the amount of travel so they have come up with this weird and as yet unexplained system of their own.

I obviously have no idea why they intend to bring this sort of change about but I’m a bit sceptical of some of their reasons given, however, if it is to placate certain clubs in order to stop more potential break aways by other leagues (like Lancashire did mainly for the travel reasons) then I think they’ve made a big mistake. In fact I can actually see it having the opposite effect and, if big regions like Yorkshire are overruled and their views are not taken into serious consideration then I don’t think it would take that much before people started talking about Yorkshire and maybe other regions breaking away. Now that’s a talking point, but why not?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 05:43:24 PM by omigidiant »
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!