$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results yesterday

Author Topic: Results yesterday  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Results yesterday
« on: October 24, 2021, 07:53:29 AM »

Pintefract 49-Ym a few

Intended to go to Heath for the big game of the weekend … plus rip Spud for his new teeth, Botox andhair transplant … ended up at Ponty due to late flight home ..

Ponty were very good first half and dominated up front ( several times at scrum YM were taken to the cleaners ) some good open running tries and one cross field kick after a fifty metre break from Ponty fullback was outstanding for a try on the opposite side of the field  .

Second half … oh dear … the ref spent most of the second period marching Ponty back ten and lecturing them about back chat … it was really poor by the home side who were so far in front but seemed intent on arguing with the official  . Decent lad reffing who should have simply sent one of them off .. I’d have picked the Ponty 12 who seems to gob off at every decision, doesn’t seem to think he should be tackled , doesn’t seem to have a clue about the rules around breakdown  and generally got up everyone’s neb .. YM stuck at it and second half fairly even … some big lads on the field … neither team anywhere near the standard of the league above .. the likes of Ilkley , Brods , Town etc would have both on toast .

Online davie

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Results yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 06:22:37 PM »
Dinno almost ended Crocs unbeaten start. Tight as the score line suggests .

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 07:18:36 PM »
Bridlington
64 - 12
Roundhegians

Dinnington
14 - 17
Old Crossleyans

Goole
20 - 18
Beverley

Leodiensian
18 - 13
Old Rishworthian

Pontefract
47 - 12
Huddersfield Y.M.C.A.

Selby
36 - 10
Bradford Salem

West Leeds
26 - 31
Middlesbrough

Some interesting results … perhaps crocks not all they’re cracked up to be ….? No disrespect Dinno always tough there .

Online ponte animal

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 10:28:40 AM »
Can't agree with you there Alfredo. One or two players do have issues but you would not have noticed dissent if it wasn't for of last weeks meltdown. Whilst agreeing there should be no dissent, one or two indiscretions (which the referee dealt with with no yellow cards) over 80 minutes hardly warrants such strong criticism. Ref was excellent. Match did get scrappy after Ponte had the game won early on with excellent rugby against moderate non tackling opponents.

Offline emperormole

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 02:43:54 PM »
Always a tough place to go is Dinno, but I think Crocs played the last 10 minutes with 11 men on at one point due to 4 yellow cards in the space of 5 minutes.  It was 17-7 until more or less the final play

Bridlington
64 - 12
Roundhegians

Dinnington
14 - 17
Old Crossleyans

Goole
20 - 18
Beverley

Leodiensian
18 - 13
Old Rishworthian

Pontefract
47 - 12
Huddersfield Y.M.C.A.

Selby
36 - 10
Bradford Salem

West Leeds
26 - 31
Middlesbrough

Some interesting results … perhaps crocks not all they’re cracked up to be ….? No disrespect Dinno always tough there .

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 02:44:18 PM »
Animal … were you in the muppets playing drums ?

Disagree away .. the second half on Saturday was terrible by the home side .. a player was sin binned and the ref clearly indicated back chat , penalty reversed for back chat, back ten for back chat, at least a dozen lectures to the captain for back chats do behaviour  … if you think that’s a decent standard of discipline in Rigby union you’re really really mistaken  . In the league above any referee wouldn’t have had the patience of the ref on Saturday ( who was very good but extremely patient)… no skin of my nose but I paid five quid to watch half a game of decent rugby followed by a mess of a game… knottla next week for me see a decent game of old school rugger …

Offline Oldandslow

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 04:50:06 PM »
Animal … were you in the muppets playing drums ?

Disagree away .. the second half on Saturday was terrible by the home side .. a player was sin binned and the ref clearly indicated back chat , penalty reversed for back chat, back ten for back chat, at least a dozen lectures to the captain for back chats do behaviour  … if you think that’s a decent standard of discipline in Rigby union you’re really really mistaken  . In the league above any referee wouldn’t have had the patience of the ref on Saturday ( who was very good but extremely patient)… no skin of my nose but I paid five quid to watch half a game of decent rugby followed by a mess of a game… knottla next week for me see a decent game of old school rugger …

I made my first visit of the season to Ponte. Unusually Alf I agree with almost everything you say. Firstly the ref was very good and he was certainly more tolerant than refs I’ve seen this year in leagues above,

By my watch Ponte had scored four tries and secured their bonus point in twenty minutes then instead of simply continuing with what worked and scoring they went for slow ball and play.

Second half was truly very poor. In truth I left early.

Alf hope you enjoy Knottingley v Cas. I may have to be in Halifax on family business so could be Cleck v Heath or Bords v M&N.

Online ponte animal

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 06:31:07 PM »
Alf are you related to Don Trump cos he only sees what he wants to see. According to the players afterwards the yellow card was for a second offence not rolling away. I do not condone any backchat and as I said, Ponte have one or two who need to look at themselves. I did not come away as disgusted as you and I consider myself old school. Enjoy Howards field.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 07:11:25 PM »
Animal

You’ve just highlighted your own problems … you don’t accept there is one .. yellow cards for indiscipline right from the first game of the season at Selby,  two in same incident at Middlesbrough for foul mouthed backchat and a whole half of rugby on Saturday  ruined by indisciplined rudeness . If you didn’t see it everyone else did like it or not. Like I said no skin off my nose but I won’t be rushing to watch that sort of behaviour any time soon . I believe if you check your club record for yellows this season you will find the stats are very much against your opinion . And the ref clearly indicated backchat at the time of the yellow so see it however you like . As for the Trump reference … that says more about your opinion than mine which isn’t jaundiced at all as I don’t support either side from Saturday . Open the other eye dear boy .

Online ponte animal

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 10:15:18 PM »
I'll break wind,
                       Pontes disciplinary record this season is dire and they have had problems with the new high tackle directive and problems with certain players with dissent which somehow you get the impression I condone this even though I have repeatedly said I don't. I have watched the video (with both eyes open) and see no reference from the referee for backchat when giving the yellow card. They do concede four penalties second half for dissent which following on from last weeks debacle at Middlesborough is a very poor effort. However listening to you, the players were constantly haranguing the referee which they were not. All the penalties were for individual players reacting to a decision which is not good enough but not the mass dissent you seem to have witnessed.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2021, 08:06:04 AM »
Animal

You protest their innocence a little too greatly methinks .

Sorry but I Have not accused you of anything … I merely pointed out the second half was rubbish . It was spoilt by the continuous lectures (breaks in play ) whilst the ref spoke to ponty players and repeatedly the Captain … you reinforce this in your comments, old slowers agrees . It’s not my problem . It isn’t entertaining and anyone old school find this gobbing off at refs a. Distasteful and b. Mystifying .. why shoot yourself in the foot especially when it could have been a cricket score ..if you’ve seen a video presumably you’re a coach … don’t defend it … sort it … cos it’s not what anyone wants to see in our game at any level … it’s rugger not park football .

Online ponte animal

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2021, 09:32:34 AM »
Agree with that Alfie, lets hope things improve and we can talk about the positives of this good young Ponte team.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2021, 11:18:00 AM »
Anni

I thought I did that originally ?? First half of rugby on Daturday was exceptional stuff … the spatial awareness by the full back after some great rugby fir a fifty metre cross field kick to score was brilliant . 

For any team to improve obvious failings should be fixed .. poor discipline has a very simple remedy … wether the ref is correct in his call is irrelevant … he’s in charge … accept the decision and get on with your job not telling him how to do his … there you go matter solved .

Offline bind up

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2021, 06:02:02 PM »
Meanwhile, what was the Ponte captain doing when all this was going on?

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2021, 08:02:46 AM »
Bin dip

Ah well that was the amusing part … a six foot something hunk getting told off by a five foot something middle aged follicular challenged official repeatedly … looked like Boggins minor before the headmaster with his shorts padded with a book for the inevitable spanking … amusingly immature .